Start by marking “The Best American Classics (Best Recipe)” as Want to Read:
The Best American Classics (Best Recipe)

The Best American Classics (Best Recipe)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Book by
Published September 1st 2006 by America's Test Kitchen (first published August 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Best American Classics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best American Classics

Mary
Okay, I know what my friends are thinking...this is a cookbook and you don't "really" cook! However, I was intrigued by these people's obsession with perfection and fool-proofing (since I can't seem to achieve either). I happened to see the America's Test Kitchen show on PBS one night, and looked them up to see if they had any books in the library. And they did!

There were various books that I checked out from the same group, but this one only has the regular recipes that you see everywhere. How
Kendra

Things have been a little busy around here and I haven't had time to really delve deeply into recreating all of the fantabulous offerings found within this book. But I did try the bacon. (We are so classy.) I have always favored the pan-frying method myself, while my mother always preferred the microwave. The book proposed trying it in the oven. We tried it. We liked it. Not really life changing. We don't eat THAT much bacon. But it is still good information.
I did enjoy the breakdown of experiments to find the "perfect" recipe as presented in this book. That said, I tried several and didn't like them a tremendous amount, but the breakdown of how they came to their decisions on what made that recipe tops helped me adjust the recipe to my liking. Does that make sense?
Catherine Woodman
This is not my favorite of the series, but it is very good, especially if your cookook collection doesn't cover this area
Bj Henderson
Bj Henderson marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Anita Juliao
Anita Juliao marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Patti Trehar
Patti Trehar marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Patti
Patti added it
Aug 31, 2012
Jeff
Jeff added it
Feb 29, 2012
Jessica Green
Jessica Green marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2012
Corie Spurling
Corie Spurling marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2012
Luisa
Luisa marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2012
The New Best Recipe Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series) The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series) The Science of Good Cooking: Master 50 Simple Concepts to Enjoy a Lifetime of Success in the Kitchen The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook: 2000 Recipes from 20 Years of America's Most Trusted Food Magazine