Chance of a Lifetime

Chance of a Lifetime

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  26 reviews
It's a night for adventure, for pushing the limits. Well, breaking them actually. Stacie can't believe she's stolen her escort's Porsche to go back road joyriding. But damn, it feels good to cut loose from her life for one precious night. It's just her lousy luck she catches the eye of an off duty cop.Just her luck, indeed. Being reprimanded by Lieutenant Jake Chance, the...more
ebook
Published 2006 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Chance of a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance of a Lifetime

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
I love you, she thought in amazement. I love you for this moment. For the type of man you are, that you would give me this. I'll always love you, always pray for the world to keep you safe and cherish you the way I do. The way I wish I could cherish you forever, if my life was different.

4.5 stars.

YOWZA! What a HOT and sweet little read! Loved it!

Stacie had to leave her hospital job to serve as a home health care nurse to her parents. Her mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and her father i...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Even in my erotic reads, I’m not a huge fan of gratuitous sex or sex with strangers, but I have to say, this story really worked for me because it was so much more than just an erotic book. Chance of a Lifetime is a great story, both heartwarming and heart breaking, but definitely romantic and sizzling hot. Leave it to Ms. Hill to pack so much sexual tension and Holy Hell hotness into a novella and do so while giving us a fantastic, believable story with characters so deserving of a happily ever...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
WOW!! Even though this was a short story, it was one of the best I've read. The hero was to die for. Sexy, hot, caring. I really liked the heroine too. She was a truly loving caring person as well as a spitfire.
This story made me laugh, cry and fan myself with the blazing hot sex.
A MUST READ. 5++ stars.
Karla
A complete story in a short book. Two very likeable characters, sweet, sassy Stacie, and the scrumptious, service-me, then protect-me, Jake. An exciting, fun start, a smokin'hot, sweat-inducing story at the heart of the book, and lovely, dreamy HEA! I'm still smiling.
StellaR
Love took time, needed friendship to be real, years of understanding building on experiences shared together. But maybe some levels of attraction made you want to take that leap within a few minutes of meeting someone. Maybe your heart and gut just knew what it took your mind years to fathom.

What a joy to read this heart-warming, sexy as f*ck short story. Heard many good things about this author and GR kept recommending this book, I thought “Oh well, let’s try it despite the not-so-exciting cov...more
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
Quick read with some serious steam.....yummmmmmy
Kaylea Cross

I liked the author's voice and writing style a lot. The thing I couldn't quite get on board with was the breakneck speed at which the emotions developed between the hero and heroine. I understood the pull and chemistry between them, but not the hero thinking about her as the future mother of their children within a few hours of meeting her.

But, if I suspend my belief long enough to overlook that, it was an enjoyable story. I loved that the hero was willing to fulfill the heroine's fant...more
Amy
Feb 16, 2011 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amy by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
Shelves: 2read2, favorites
One of the best short stories I have read to date! This was my first read by Joey Hill but it definitely won't be my last! Emotionally charged, swoon worthy hero, the couple had chemistry that sizzled off the pages and smokin hot sex! What more could you want!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/10/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 4 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3.5 Stars
Character Development = 3 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 2 Stars [$4.31 on Amazon]

This was a GoodReads recommendation for me based on books I read. I've been looking at if for forever and finally bought it the other day. It was okay. It says 232 pages, but it went very fast. Not much story. Whole lot'a sex, but sometimes that is just fine.

Happy Reading!
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Feb 16, 2011 I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
Short, hot and sweet. Perfect little read to get you nice and fired up just before you go to bed.
Stephanie
God if only all cops were this freaking sexy!
Jaycee
*previously posted on Amazon.com*

A perfectly fleshed out short that fully understands the sometimes difficult mind spaces of those who work in service professions...

I find myself saying the same things about Joey Hill's writing every time, so instead of rehashing this story, just let me say this about the experience of reading one of her books:

Like good escape is intended to do, her books and characters never fail to engage me from start to finish. What they all possess that many others never ac...more
Tasha
YOWZA! What a HOT and sweet little read! Loved it! Chance of a Lifetime is a great story, both heartwarming and heart breaking, but definitely romantic and sizzling hot. This story made me laugh, cry and fan myself with the blazing hot sex. I liked the author's voice and writing style a lot.
Kerry  sullivan
Wow now this is a traffic stop with attitude. I love Joey W. Hill she knows just how far to take a fantasy. I dont have a cop fetish but boy did I like this story I think mainly because he was not in uniform so it avoided the clichéd aspects and it took the micky of the gun innuendos. This was a joy to read.
Cheap and Lazy
Sweet Little Tale of a Dominant Knight in Shining Armor. A comparatively light read for Joey W. Hill. Lots of fun, heat and satisfaction from two characters that are easy to empathize with. Novella-length.
Moira
A great contemporary of Joey W. Hill. Wished it was longer. As always want more to the story when Joey writes a book.
Erin
A story I found myself unable to stop reading after I began; heartfelt, erotic, and uplifting.
Marge
Loved it......always love those cops, undercover men and security types.
Desiree Holt
One of my alltime favorite stories. A keeper I reread often.
Evanne Lorraine
A perfect fantasy to while away a delightful couple of hours.
Tiffany
I absolutely loved this book.. Very very eroctic!!
Shay
anything written by Joey W Hill is a keeper!
Anansigirl
Oh-la-la. My kind of short story.
Jean
Short, sweet & very sexy!!
Kim Richardson
Kim Richardson marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Vina
Vina marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
  • What She Needs
  • Operation: Spank Me
  • Rude Awakening
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • On the Edge
  • Dreamwalker
  • Kinky Neighbors (An Erotic Romance for Four)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Do Over
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Closing the Deal (Wicked Warrens, #2)
  • Lost Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #0.5)
  • Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2)
I’ve always had an aversion to reading, watching or hearing interviews of favorite actors, authors, musicians, etc. because so often the real person doesn’t measure up to the beauty of the art they produce. Their politics or religion are distasteful, or they’re shallow and self-absorbed, a vacuous mop-head without a lick of sense. From then on, though I may appreciate their craft or art, it has so...more
More about Joey W. Hill...
The Vampire Queen's Servant (Vampire Queen, #1) Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2) Rough Canvas (Nature of Desire, #6) Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1) The Mark of the Vampire Queen (Vampire Queen, #2)