Love Match

Love Match (Love Match #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The real action is off the court…

The only thing on Luke Rossovich's mind is winning pro tennis tournaments. That is, until the day Jesse McAllister shows up in the locker room. Luke can't get the young blond out of his head, and soon they team up on the doubles court. Before Luke knows it, he's letting Jesse into his bed — and his heart.

Jesse doesn't see why they have to h...more
Published August 2006 by Loose Id (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Love Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Match

Tigers and Devils by Sean KennedyCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Locker Room by Amy LaneStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonHeart in Hand by salifiable
Best Gay Athletes
64th out of 229 books — 451 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsHeaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
221st out of 384 books — 1,015 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
This older story (written in 2006) surely makes me all warm and fuzzy, which is a feeling I'm looking forward in romance (either m/f or m/m). The story reminds me a lot of the movie Wimbledon (2004) -- starring Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst. Few scenes feels similar, including that romantic ending. But I don't mind. That movie is one --one of my favorite sport-related romantic comedy movies, and probably the only one highlighting tennis.

I love the sport/athlete atmostphere in this, that the te...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet story about two pro tennis players.
Luke is in his last season trying to get a few mor swims in and Jesse is just starting out and working is way up.
They meet and form an immediate connection. Luke is especially deep in the closet and has other issues to deal with, but when rumors surface of the affair, they have very different ways of dealing with it.
The big finale was predictable, but still very sweet and enjoyable.
Light, feel good read!
Lily
Sweet, well-written story about tennis players, one a closeted champion on his way down and the other a younger up and coming player not willing to hide. Lots of conflict, angst and hot sex mixed in with tender, sweet loving. Very nice.
Ann
Sweet with a touch of angst. Plus, I absolutely love stories with grand gestures.
Beth Brock
I had only read compilations of erotica before I read my first romance novel. Before “Love Match”, I didn’t know that romance could be so…touching, beautiful, and sexy. The quality of the writing blew me away as well. The characters came alive on the page.

Luke Rossovich was captivating from the beginning. Andrews’ strong verbs showed me who Luke really was and what he was going through. He was believable. The first page opened the scene with Luke throwing his racket on the court and yelling at...more
A
3.75 Stars.
Review Originally Published here: http://joyfullyjay.com/2013/02/review...

I’ll admit that I was a little apprehensive about Jock Week. I am not a sports fan. However, what I’ve come to discover is that we can all get behind a good story with sweaty, muscular men pushing their bodies to the limit in a competitive bout with other equally attractive and determined men. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. So it was no surprise that I enjoyed this novel by Keira Andrews.

Love...more
Lauren
This was a really enjoyable read and exactly the kind of cute story I had hoped for when I started it. The characters were interesting and the story developed nicely, even if it was a bit predictable in places. I'd have liked perhaps a little bit more of a build-up to Luke and Jesse's relationship at the start, but nevertheless I still loved their romance and I particularly enjoyed the wonderful end. Itt was just the perfect way to finish - it was really sweet and put a big smile on my face.

I ha...more
Valentina Heart
The first half of the book I found it to be good but nothing spectacular. At one point I even wanted to stop reading and pick it up some other time. However, it gets better. The two of them really are a great pair and those last match descriptions made me feel as if I was there watching. I was almost sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that last point and win.
It was the end that did it for me. Honestly, I've read books that were much better, but the ending here is definitely one of the be...more
Lea
Sep 13, 2013 Lea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I think a certain author watched a certain movie and went hmm what if Kirsten Dunst was a guy. ;)

It was a nice quick read. Funny and cute, with some drama.

Had a hard time keeping track of the dialogue at some points. Who said what.
Alicia
I love tennis, it's one of my favorite sports to watch. So when I get to read a really good book about top male tennis stars, I'm there baby. And this one was definitely worth it. I loved it.
Nichole (Dirty H)

Exactly the sweet love story I was looking for. Left me feeling warm and fuzzy with a big smile on my face.
Coffinmo
What a delightful read!Jesse and Luke are fun and sexy,can't wait for more about them!
Krissie
Jan 19, 2013 Krissie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
3.5
Aimie
Aimie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Saskie-
Saskie- marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Jo
Jo added it
Sep 11, 2014
John "King of the North"
John "King of the North" is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Star
Star is currently reading it
Sep 09, 2014
Milica
Milica marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Gary Jones
Gary Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Paul Wright
Paul Wright marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Home Ice
  • Aquamarine
  • Match Maker
  • Power Play
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Out of Bounds
  • Out in the Field
  • Offside (Offside, #1)
  • A Perfect Game
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Ten in the Bin
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • Overdrive
  • Finnegan's Promise
  • Prize Package
  • Riding the Board
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fict...more
More about Keira Andrews...
Synchronicity The Chimera Affair A Forbidden Rumspringa (Gay Amish Romance #1) Eight Nights Where the Lovelight Gleams