Start by marking “If You Could Ask God One Question” as Want to Read:
If You Could Ask God One Question

If You Could Ask God One Question

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  9 reviews
If you could ask God one question, and you knew it would be answered, what would it be? Paul Williams and Barry Cooper have spent several years asking people that question. And inside this book, they reveal the results: the twelve most frequently asked questions about God. But this isn't just a book about questions. There are answers too. Answers from the lips of the most ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Good Books (first published October 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about If You Could Ask God One Question, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Could Ask God One Question

Matt Chapman
A really enjoyable read!
Great for giving to a non-Christian to whet their appetite for learning more or to supplement an evangelistic course,
It's simplicity and engaging style makes it a good '1st Christian book' for a new Christian wanting to explore the gospel and it's application to real life in more detail.
And it also makes a good starting point or refresher for the Christian wanting to become better equipped in answering some of the most common apologetic questions people ask.

Chapter title
Travis
At times, the best way to help people to understand your point is to anticipate their questions and answer them. Paul Williams and Barry Cooper have taken this strategy in defense of Christianity in their book If You Could Ask God One Question. I received a copy of this book at Together for the Gospel in 2008, and only got down to reading it two years later. I’m glad that I took the time.

Williams and Cooper write in a very easy-to-read and easy-to-understand style. They use humor well. They il
Zack Migioia
Excellent book to begin study of Apologetics. The book covers basic questions that everyone has about God and addresses them in a honest and biblical manner. I found this book very encouraging and very beneficial in my pursuit of understanding God better.

I would love to study the questions that are covered in this book on a deeper scale, but am indebted to the authors for a very thorough and helpful response to questions that have serious implications. It's extremely important to know what you
Jeff Short
A practical and helpful book. It is outreach oriented and apologetically engaged without the high technical aspect of some apologetics works. Technical works certainly have their place, but this book fills in an under-supplied area.

This could be given to a lost friend or coworker without worrying that it would be inaccessible or irrelevant to them. It is not a stand-alone evangelistic book but could probably open a door for further conversation. It could help to break the ice with someone you ha
Katie
I think this book was more suited for someone just being introduced to the basics of Christianity, desiring "answers". While I still got some good points from it (and enjoyed the occasional humorous moments) it didn't go as in depth in portions as I would have liked. It made for a nice little start for our small group at work, though.
Ian Rees
Answers lots of basic questions about the Christian faith, doing so succinctly and clearly. The biggest problem today probably is getting someone to sit down and read it!
Kay
a good starting point for the questions many people ask about Christianity. Told with a good sense of humour.
Allie
These British apologetics doods ask lame questions, but nice organization and conversational language.
Matthew
Very elementary, but an ok book for someone who has serious questions concerning Christianity.
Picklepud
Picklepud marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Emerson
Emerson marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Barry
Barry added it
Jan 03, 2014
Todd Shaffer
Todd Shaffer marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Aaron
Aaron added it
Sep 06, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Unexpected Way: On Converting from Buddhism to Catholicism The Fifth Principle House Plants Songs of Love, Poems of Sadness: The Erotic Verse of the Sixth Dalai Lama Coming