Start by marking “Let It Snow” as Want to Read:
Let It Snow

Let It Snow

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  33,130 ratings  ·  3,092 reviews
The New York Times bestseller!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere
Published October 2nd 2008 by Speak (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Let It Snow, please sign up.

Amy I picked it up and bought it on a whim and what i have to say is that the first two sections written by the first two authors (some woman I cannot…moreI picked it up and bought it on a whim and what i have to say is that the first two sections written by the first two authors (some woman I cannot remember, which is a real shame because I thought what she did was excellent, and John Green, whose part was also excellent) was fantastic! the first part was a little far fetched, but that is part of what makes it kind of fun, and what drew me in. basically it is the typical, girl meets stranger in her hour of need and they fall in love, but it is done in such a funny and unexpected way that it kept me. that usually isn't enough to keep me. the second portion is a classic "two best friends fall in love" story, which is cliche, but always fun, and has John Green written all over it. The third part should have been left to one of the first two authors. i don't usually like to say that an author did a bad job, but it was about a shallow girl who had to learn to not be so shallow before she could get back together with her boyfriend...her characters character arc was not only non-believable, but so quick that it leads to no real promise of lasting change. the description of a love-sick barista being in charge of a tea cup pig had such potential to be funny, witty and very good, but i felt like it was kind of a let down and the girl is still whiny and rude even at the end. Which is a shame because i feel like she isn't described by the other authors that way and i just feel like it could have been so much more. there was a lot of time spent in wallowing, and then hardly in any time with actual moving plot. however i still enjoyed the third section and would give the last authors other books a try. All of that said, the best and coolest part about this book was that it was 3 authors who got together to write three short stories and made them connect into a book. I definitely suggest you give it another try and I hope this was helpful!(less)
Sophie 3 different stories all related to Christmas and one of the largest snowstorms in the past ?? years. The stories all intersect in different ways.
Let It Snow by John GreenDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel CohnShiver by Maggie StiefvaterNorth of Beautiful by Justina ChenEx-mas by Kate Brian
Winter Break for YA
1st out of 86 books — 238 voters
Winter Garden by Kristin HannahLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakA Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Best Books to Read When the Snow Is Falling
39th out of 834 books — 1,273 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelley
It started off strong and got progressively weaker. Maureen Johnson was fun, John Green all right and Lauren Myracle dismal.

Maureen Johnson's story was super quirky and giggly and slightly ridiculous (in a good way). I liked Jubilee a lot, crazy as she was, and was amused to see a lot of my mother in Stuart's. It was just cheery, fun Christmas fluff.

John Green's kind of drove me nuts. I wanted to like it more, but I guess I am not that adventurous, because I kept thinking that the characters wer
Janina
This is the perfect book to curl up with when it’s cold and snowing outside. It is one of those reads that just makes you want to snuggle up on your couch, a hot cocoa or tea in hand and enjoy the winterly atmosphere. In fact, the only thing missing for my perfect reading experience was the fireplace ;).

I don’t want to give too much away about the stories themselves because I think it is best to go into this book unprepared and let yourself be surprised. I liked all three stories, but The Jubile
nicole
Pretty much what you'd expect. Light, fun, festive. Had the feel of an ABC Family made-for-tv holiday special (which I love!), but funnier. And quirkier. Because John Green and Maureen Johnson are funny and quirky and their styles and characters fit together so naturally. While I like Myracle just fine, she feels like the third wheel in this collection of interconnected stories and leaving her to pen the final story and tie everything together was Let It Snow's major flaw. It was nice to see all ...more
oliviasbooks
Three snowy stories by different authors melted into a satisfying whole. Yes, I think, I like it! I have finished the first story "Jubilee Line" by Maureen Johnson (great style, by the way. Funny, a little crazy, a little romantic.) and started the second one, "Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" by John Green. After a few pages I thought: "Wait, another Waffle House in the middle of nowhere? These guys know a heartbroken boy named Stuart Weintraub? Ha, this is the protagonist from story one!" The st ...more
Elina Zalkalne
Sigh. Half of me wants to scream WORST BOOK EVER. UGH. BLEHH. MNEHH. AAARGHHH MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING. The other half is thinking: John Green, you absolute motherfucking genius. You managed to salvage this utter arse-crap. Well. Fucking. Done.
As much as I hate chick-lit [and this is beyond chick-lit. it's like 300 pages of mushy, smoochy, splodge of chick-lit paradise], I read this because...oh fuck it, it's Xmas. I could barely get through the first of the 3 stories. It killed my brain cells, I sw
Joanne
Looking for Alaska is popular with my students, and I've enjoyed everything I've read by John Green, so I bought this for my classroom library.

The first story was pretty good: girl-meets-boy-in-a-blizzard. The boy was very sweet. I would definitely seek out more of Maureen Johnson's work for my classroom.

The John Green story was familiar: nerdy guy's adventures with his brainy (in this case, Asian) friend and their one-of-the-boys, liable-to-say-anything platonic girl pal.

The last story seemed
Dyanne
This book, even though it is categorized as one book (singular) it should really be categorized as three books (plural) because although the stories within the book are interrelated, the writing-style and general plot of each story is unique and each could stand on its own. It only seems fitting to write three mini-reviews.
Note: the review may get rather long and unwieldy. I apologize in advance.
Section 1:
The Jubilee Express

Just a little taste of chapter one beforehand…
..my name is Jub
Kassidy
This is so super cute!!!
I love all of the stories and it's great how they all come together in the end!! Such a perfect Christmas book :D
~Tina~
4.5 Stars

I don't read much anthology since short stories are just well, short, and I find it hard to connect with the characters. That all seemed to change once I finished this book.
I Absolutely loved it!

Let it Snow is about three couples. Three stories. Written by three authors. Each story is semi-connected to the other, giving us a full picture of the events of these characters night and the Christmas miracle that graced there lives.

The first story is by Maureen Johnson, titled The Jubilee Exp
Cait Grace
Oh a cute fluffy romance about snow and Christmas.
description
I read it because I LOVE John Green...and I'm not sad I read it...but I'm definitely underwhelmed. It's 3 short stories, but they still all connect. So it's like ONE book but in 3 parts with 3 POV.

STORY 1: The Jubilee Express narrated by Jubilee (author Maureen Johnson)
This is my FAVOURITE. It's definitely 4-star worthy. I loved how cute and witty and wonderful Jubilee was. Her voice is fantastic and I'm 100% sold on Maureen Johnson's writing (
Aaron Vincent
3 star-rating to Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson.
The first 'book' I read from Maureen Johnson. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I find Maureen's tweets and blog posts a great deal funnier than she was in this. It's cute and made me felt the merriment of the holiday season. Did it excite me to read more from her? Not really. But I won't mind reading them if I have nothing else to read.

4 star-rating to A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green.
John Green is in his usual formula
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

I'm a sucker for romance any time of the year, but something about the holiday season makes me want to curl up in a nice blanket, drink hot chocolate, and read love stories. LET IT SNOW is the perfect holiday read.

Maureen Johnson starts things off with THE JUBILEE EXPRESS, in which Jubliee (no, not a stripper, but named for a piece in her mother's collection of the Flobie Santa Village) finds herself stranded on a train in Gra
Raeleen Lemay
AHHHHH SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND WONDERFUL. AHH. My favorite story was definitely the second one, John's, BUT I LOVED THEM ALL.
Arlene
Rating Clarificatioin: 4+ Stars

Let it Snow was the perfect kick off for this holiday reading season. The blend of authors that made up this anthology had the right chemistry and flow to make you feel like busting out a cup of hot cocoa. I loved how all of the stories fused together with parallel events and characters. Clever and well orchestrated!

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson - 4 Stars
The narrative in this book was absolutely snarktastic! Jubilee and Stuart were a cute combo and I love
Lizzie
I started reading this on Christmas Eve and finished on the last night of holiday break, so, you know, beat that. When I told Meg I received it as a Christmas present, she told me: "You can rate it on two scales: actual scale, and Christmas scale." Good thinking, except actually both scales had the same denominator dragging it down for me, which is the last story, which was a dud for me in both actualness and Christmasness.

The first two stories are really nice, Maureen Johnson's lead has a prett
Tatiana
Sep 23, 2009 Tatiana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of John Green and light YA romance
Shelves: 2009, ya, short-stories
From my experience, anthologies are rarely 5-star readings. The quality of stories is always uneven. This book is no exception.

The three romantic short stories in this book are set at the same time and in the same place - a small storm-stricken town during Christmas. They have common characters and crisscrossing story lines.

The first story written Maureen Johnson is about a girl who finds herself stranded after her train is stopped by a snow storm. During the following two days she realizes th
Loryn
Dec 18, 2008 Loryn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Young at Heart
I read this upon a recommendation from a co-worker and I LOVED it. It was just what I needed. I normally stay away from Christmas themed books, this just might be one of the first that I've read, but the romance in "Let it Snow" makes it hard to not fall in love with this book.

By far, my favorite of the three stories is "Jubilee Express" by Maureen Johnson. It has a great story line as well as a great romance. I liked this story so much, I am planning on reading more of her work because of it.

Jo
Ellie
For me, it's sometimes rare when a book grabs me from the very beginning and I definitely got into it from the first page.
To begin with, I thought this was just a John Green book but clearly, it's also written by Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.
This book is basically just three really adorable stories that come together at the end and it's so lovely, I really did love this book. I would personally say the first story was my favourite (Maureen Johnson which she titled as "The Jubilee Express"
Izia
“It’s the most beautiful time of the year, lights fill the street bringing so much cheer, I should be playing in a winter snow but I’mma be under the mistletoe”

Okay, I am so not a Justin Bieber fan, but I’ve been listening to that song over and over again for the past few days for the simple reason that it’s season-appropriate. Just like this book. Christmas is really an awesome season, everything is just so bright and nice and lovely. I don’t know in other countries, but here in the Philippines
Rowena
"One person's crazy is another person's sane, I guess."

Busqué un .pdf en español de este libro por muchísimo tiempo ya que era lo único que me faltaba leer de John Green. Y no, no lo encontré. Entonces, valientemente, me arriesgué a comprarlo y leerlo en inglés.

Con diccionario en mano (mentira, sólo Google Translate) para buscar las palabras que realmente no me ayudaban a comprender la historia y todas las ganas de aprender y disfrutarlo, comencé la lectura. Y admito que no fue una cosa horri
Maja
Well, that was a mixed experience!

First story by Maureen Johnson was exactely what I was hoping this book would be like; cute, quirky and funny. Made me smile and go all fuzzy on the inside.

Second Story by John Green, and the reason this book has got such a raving/popularity in the danish blogger community, was not at all what i would expect form Mr. Green! It was boring and not funny at all. I felt like he was writing a bit on automatic-pilot. And i noticed quite a lot of 'name-dropping'/produ
Brandy
This is a cupcake made from a boxed mix: it's light and fluffy and sweet, and tastes so delicious when you're eating it that it's not until you swallow the last bite that you realize how little substance it had.

But John Green's in it, so maybe I'll consider his part of this a homemade frosting?

(This is called "stretching a metaphor way too far.")
Julie
I've never thought to read a seasonally related book before but this was a nice way to begin. Review to come.
Belle ~carry on my wayward son~
This book was really super cute. I LOVED "A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green. The humor was great and I am not ashamed to say that I laughed to the point of annoyingness. I really liked Tobin, The Duke, and PJ, and the way they interacted as friends. Lauren Myracle's part of the book was okayyyyy, but Addie was a bit stuck up-ish and selfish. And people kept telling her so too! But when she finally got her crap together, I actually found her okay, and Jeb was super cute even though he ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
OK. Let me start by saying that I picked this up because I needed a book with a 'winter word' in the title for a GR challenge group. Having never read anything by any of the authors nor from this publisher, I didn't know what to expect. It turns out that I am most likely NOT the target audience for this book. I am a 40 YO man. Were I a 13 YO girl, I probably would have fit the demographic a bit better. All of the characters are in the 16-18 YO range. And hand-holding and a few kisses are as expl ...more
Andrea Caro
Jan 18, 2011 Andrea Caro rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who've watched all the christmas movies on the hallmark channel and have nothing better to do
Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)

3.5 Stars

This books is separated into three different Christmas romances all centered in the same town.

The first story is called The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson. It is about a girl named Jubilee whose parents are arrested on Christmas Eve trying to buy a Flobie Christmas set piece. She is sent on a train to spend Christmas with her grandparents, but the train breaks down and she's stuck with a bunch of idiotic cheerleaders. Taking refuge in a local Waffle House, Jubilee meets a boy named
Lisa

Wenn ihr das perfekte Winterzeit-Buch sucht, dann habt ihr es mit Let it snow gefunden! Drei Autoren haben an diesem Buch mitgeschrieben, so dass es sich eigentlich um eine Sammlung von 3 Geschichten handelt, die aber alle miteinander in Verbindung stehen.

Es dreht sich alles um ein und denselben Ort, besonders aber um das Waffel-Haus und den Starbucks, den es dort gibt, dies sind die Haupt-Schauplätze. Jede Geschichte verfügt zudem über einen anderen Protagonisten, die alle einzigartig und echt
Claudia
Dec 22, 2008 Claudia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to read and laugh
Recommended to Claudia by: Bailey lent me her own copy! :)
Shelves: ya-books
One train wreck, one cheer squad, one snowy Christmas in a small NC town. A Waffle House, a Starbucks, a tea-cup pig...Three couples who must learn to trust others and themselves. Strangers, best friends, soulmates. Everyone has lessons to learn in the snow...

I laughed out loud as the Duke and Tobin slid down the snowy hill on the Twister plastic sheet, all in a desperate attempt to get to the Waffle House, full of cheerleaders, before the demented twins and the keg-carrying college boys. I LOVE
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Actual rating: 3.6

1. This made me wish it was Christmas already
2. Also made me wish we had snow in our country (although I'm not exactly up for a snowstorm)
3. It was my first time to read Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson; definitely need to read their other works!!
4. Maureen Johnson's part of the story made a great start! Jubilee and Stuart. <3333 I adored Stuart as soon as he entered the scene!
5. OF COURSE JOHN GREEN'S PART WAS AWESOME
6. His characters were witty and funny and sarcastic an
Why does everybody hate Lauren Myracle's story? 9 148 Nov 11, 2014 02:23PM
The Houses of Hog...: Let It Snow 1 3 Sep 26, 2014 08:31PM
John Green fan club!: Let it Snow 2 14 Feb 02, 2014 02:50AM
BookTuber Book Club: December: Let it Snow 9 50 Dec 31, 2013 09:06AM
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • 21 Proms
  • Everybody Sees the Ants
  • Twice Told: Original Stories Inspired by Original Artwork
  • Dramarama
  • Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks

John Green's first novel, Looking for Alaska, won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award presented by the American Library Association. His second novel, An Abundance of Katherines, was a 2007 Michael L. Printz Award Honor Book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. His next novel, Paper Towns, is a New
More about John Green...
The Fault in Our Stars Looking for Alaska An Abundance of Katherines Paper Towns Will Grayson, Will Grayson

“We just did an awesome job of not dying.” 505 likes