Start by marking “This Season's People: A Book of Spiritual Teachings” as Want to Read:
This Season's People: A Book of Spiritual Teachings

This Season's People: A Book of Spiritual Teachings

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A pocket book of spiritual teachings collected from talks given by Stephen Gaskin, co-founder of The Farm in Tennessee, explaining the common ground of the great religions and how to follow their teachings in order to change oneself. Includes photographs of The Farm community life in the '70s.
Published January 1st 1976 by Book Publishing Company (TN)

To ask other readers questions about This Season's People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Season's People

Lorraine
I read this book as a young teenager, many years ago. Opening it's pages, and intending on just a peek, I became transfixed. I stood in the middle of my room reading, eventually settling down into my shag carpet. Just reading it made me feel high! I read cover to cover, and was buzzing with peaceful energy by the books end.

Needless to say, in the spirit it was written in, I loaned my copy to an equally impressed friend. The friend was transfixed, and I said, "keep it!" I bought another... which
Melanie
Since I was born on The Farm, the commune founded by author Stephen Gaskin, I found it interesting, nostalgic and a bit of a mirror to read. I recognised some of the thinking that I was imprinted with in my early formative years. No wonder I turned out like this, ha ha.

Ahead of its time, groundbreaking, it might seem cliche in todays saturated new agey book scene, but considering the time it was written, its pioneering... its an entertaining, easy read in that it contains many pictures and eye
Leigh
I clearly remember the trippy sensation of the top of my head floating away from me the first time I read this book. My favorite page says, "You are supposed to be grooving as hard as you can all the time".
Casey Sullivan
Casey Sullivan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
The Fza
The Fza marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Jessica Hines
Jessica Hines marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rl
Rl marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Cyrus Azizi
Cyrus Azizi marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Nova
Nova marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Tamara Li
Tamara Li marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Lauren Wahler
Lauren Wahler marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Carolyn Severance
Carolyn Severance marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Melissa Renee
Melissa Renee marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Agustina Gomez
Agustina Gomez marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Justine Sefton
Justine Sefton marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Cait Bodine
Cait Bodine marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Darci Dixon-primm
Darci Dixon-primm marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Gaskin was born in Denver & served in the US Marines from 1952 to 1955. In the 1960s, he moved to San Francisco & taught English, creative writing & general semantics at San Francisco State College, where he was a student of S.I. Hayakawa. His writing class became an open discussion known as Monday Night Class, which involved up to 1500 students.
In 1970, Gaskin was part of a caravan
More about Stephen Gaskin...
Monday Night Class Amazing Dope Tales The Caravan Cannabis Spirituality: Including 13 Guidelines for Sanity and Safety Hey, Beatnik! This Is the Farm Book