Start by marking “The Complete Guide to Homeschooling” as Want to Read:
The Complete Guide to Homeschooling

The Complete Guide to Homeschooling

Presenting step-by-step instructions for tailoring a curriculum to the individual, this book helps you to integrate academic home schooling with public school extracurricular opportunities. It also helps you to maintain family energy and peace, and develop diverse community-based enrichment studies.
Published November 1st 2000 by Lowell House

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Guide to Homeschooling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Guide to Homeschooling

Emily
Aug 29, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschooling
Very informative. Great resource for getting started and getting organized. Reassuring that home schooling is possible and positive.
Jessica
Jun 18, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Homeschoolers that want to use textbooks
Shelves: homeschool
So, I’m finally done with The Complete Guide to Homeschooling. It took forever just because things have been crazy around here and the book was chock full of good information that I didn’t want to skim in a quick read.

So, while the book has had some of the best, most up to date information I’ve read so far, I’m scoring it down because of the tone of the authors. They have a very arrogant, their way is best, everyone else’s are to be looked down on tone. Have you ever met a person that claims tol
Christina
Dec 21, 2010 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, homeschool
The edition I read was 2000, so from the beginning this book seemed a bit outdated. I saw some good resources for writing, typing, maps and creative reading and memorization. Most helpful were the ideas on supplementing the traditional classroom and a great list of life lessons that need to be learned outside school. I only read the elementary section and skipped the middle and high school sections. This is a very easy to read question and answer format and very easy to skim. I would love to see ...more
Tamara
Feb 13, 2014 Tamara rated it liked it
A lot of good advice and suggestions. Good perspectives from people on all sides of homeschooling...pro, con, students, professors, parents, graduates. Mostly it addressed parents having confidence in the choice to homeschool. I think it is a great book for people who really have no idea what to do or where to begin and need a bit of encouragement. I have lots if ideas and am confident in my ability and decision, so most of it was just nice stuff. But, it did have handy lists of curriculum provi ...more
Kayra
Feb 01, 2013 Kayra rated it really liked it
I read the 2000 edition so some things were out of date. However this book answered many of the questions I had. The author's reasons to homeschool and his approach goes along with what I had in mind. He answered many of the questions I had in an easy-to-read format.
It's a reference book, to help navigate the maze that's homeschooling. Good starting point.
Jennifer Daniel
Aug 03, 2009 Jennifer Daniel rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good resource for those just getting started. I supposed I'm getting to be old hat at homeschooling. There were some interesting tips in here & I always like to see what others are doing & what works for them.
Tiffany
Feb 12, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it
A very basic guide to help you get thinking about all the many details of homeschooling. Lots of different lists or ideas for other resources. Some of the book was very repetitive. I did like how questions were asked and answered.
Janie
Janie rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2009
Joni
Joni rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2010
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2015
Penni
Penni rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2010
Ng Lai Chai
Ng Lai Chai rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Gina Vincent
Gina Vincent rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Katina
Katina rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Martha
Martha rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2008
Kym
Jun 13, 2016 Kym added it
Corinne Flores
Corinne Flores rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Jamie Butcher
Sep 07, 2014 Jamie Butcher rated it really liked it
THE Bible for new and soon-to-be homeschoolers!!
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2012
Erica Nix
Erica Nix rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Monica Willyard
Monica Willyard marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2009
Rachel Wagner
Rachel Wagner marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2010
Ben Bartle
Ben Bartle marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
April Stout
April Stout marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Wiwi Bunda azka
Wiwi Bunda azka marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Gina Henderson
Gina Henderson marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2016