Start by marking “Nobody's Darling” as Want to Read:
Nobody's Darling

Nobody's Darling

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,200 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Billy Darling never enjoyed being a wanted man until the day Miss Esmerelda Fine marched into the Tumbleweed Saloon and pointed her derringer at his heart. Lucky for him, she's a mighty poor shot. Instead of killing him, she hires him to find her runaway brother. He should turn down her offer. He should resist her charms. But he doesn't. Because there comes a time in every ...more
Published April 1st 1998 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Darling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody's Darling

Fani
This was a great book that I had trouble putting down for the most part. I loved the bantering between Esmeralda and Billy, their love for each other and their chemistry. The story flowed easily between humor and heartache, tenderness and passion. I especially liked the 2nd part, where Esmeralda and Billy work together as a team and cover each other's backs, staying loyal and true. I felt that the book should have ended there and that the moving of the stage to England was an unnecessary filler ...more
Ronyell
“Nobody’s Darling” was the first romance novel that I have read from Teresa Medeiros and it has got everything that you would expect from an adventurous western romance story: adventure, romance, sexual desires and hot cowboys! For all you romance fans, “Nobody’s Darling” is surely a romance novel that you just can not put down!

Beautiful English aristocratic Esmeralda Fine has traveled to America to find her brother, Bartholomew’s, murderer and she meets up with a notorious outlaw named Billy Da
Crista
So I'm not a western girl..I don't typically watch them, read them, or like them. On impulse, because I like Russell Crowe, I rented 3:10 to Yuma and really liked it a lot. It was then that I opened myself to reading one. Nobody's Darling was a perfect choice!

This book really has it all. Likeable characters, witty dialogue, plenty of tension between the H/H, and a fast paced plot. The book is split into 3 parts. The first 2 parts are excellent, and are what give this book the high rating. The s
Ian
Nobody's Darling is a fun, often funny, occasionally laugh out loud funny Western Romance about a woman whose greatest weapon is her singing voice and a man who would love to be a law man if he could only stop being an outlaw.

I really enjoyed pretty much everything about this book except the ending which didn't quite work. Take out part three and the epilogue and this would have been a 5 Star book for me.
Danette Steward
10 stars.
This will be one of my all time favorites-- right next to a few Kleypas and Garwood books. You HAVE to read this one!! I had a stupid smile on my face and laughed the whole time.

He came into her jail cell and stopped near enough for her to divine the dark gold hue of his hair, the sun-burnished strands that brushed his shoulders, the tawny stubble shading his jaw. But his eyes continued their maddening shift between gray and green. He was taller than she'd realized, lean and lanky with
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Where would you find a saucy pair of bluebirds, a violin case, a derringer, a collection of dime novels, an ornery mule, a US marshal’s badge, a French crème puff, a cantankerous old English duke and a Wild West Show?

Well, look no further than Teresa Medeiros’s wonderful, madcap western romance, Nobody’s Darling. It’s a testament to Ms Medeiros’s brilliant writing that a story peppered with every conceivable western cliché can still be fresh and vibrant. It’s a sheer delight from beginning to en
Serban Georgiana
Ce lectura placuta !
Mi-a placut cartea,pentru ca autoare a stiut cum sa o dozeze ,si sa dea cate putin din toate:intriga,suspans,pasiune,umor,iubire,devotament.
Faptul ca actiunea se pertece in "Vestul Salbatic" este o alta palcere,pe care o apreciez.
Ca personaj principla masculin avem un barbat atipic genului historical romance,si anume un pistolar proscris,in persoana lui Bully Darling.
Doamne ce mi-a mai placut de individ,cat de complax si totodata minunat a fost construit acest personaj.
Nici p
Mary Kathryn
I didn't really like the end of this book but I still gave it 5 stars. It had a little bit of everything in it. It made a laugh a lot and it even made me cry in a few parts and it had a dog(I love a book with a dog as long as the dog doesn't die). I loved, loved, loved Billy!!! Any man who has a dog that follows him around has got to be great. I did feel like the end was a bit rushed. I wish it was a little bit longer to wrap up the story better.
Ingela Hyatt
Esmerelda Fine left her comfortable home in Boston, and travelled to Calamity, New Mexico with only one purpose in mind: to kill the man responsible for her brother's death. Billy Darling: the youngest brother of the Darling Gang and a wanted man. Esmerelda had memorized every black and white detail of his wanted poster, prepared to kill the bastard first and ask questions later. But when she marched into the only saloon in the one horse town, she never expected she would met eye to eye with a g ...more
Jewel
LOVE IT.
This was an enjoyable read, it’s been a while since I read a book set in the West, it was a good change from the Highland romances. I think I’ll be getting some more.
Since I really started reading it yesterday and finished it today, considering all the other things I have to do during my day, I think it’s a really good indication of how engrossing it was.
I liked Esmeralda so much, she had courage and passions and determination. And she didn’t hesitate to draw her gun at anybody who anger
Kristen
What a great book! I love a good western book. This book was full of romance, comedy, bad guys, good guys, a touch on England, and a touch of sexy scenes.
I was not fond of the Esmerelda's name. I just did not think it fit her. I also thought the ending was a little strange.
Overall, this book was fun to read and I will definitely will read it again.
Maureen Feeney
I really liked this,but then again i love anything by TM.
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Kathleen
Jul 01, 2012 Kathleen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers and writers of romance, particularly western historical
Shelves: western-romance
NOBODY'S DARLING is the newest addition to my keeper shelf. From the first page, the story is laugh-out-loud funny, warm-hearted, and full of adventure. Madeiros' voice is amazingly crisp and easy to read. Writers frequently will find themselves thinking "gee, I wish I'd written that," yet the refreshing turns of phrase, wit, and subtle employment of literary devices never get in the way of the story.

From hero and heroine to every minor player, the characters fairly spring off the page. All are
Amelia Fransiska
Senengggg bgt d tante TM trnyata ada bikin nvl western, sooo gw langsung ubek2 forum, *cari yg gratisan. Hehe

Lagu I NEED YOU – MARC ANTHONY menurut gw cucok bgt ngewakilin feelingnya William ‘billy’ Darling seorang outlaw, bounty hunter n gunfighter ke Ms. Esmeralda Fine…

From the day that I met you, girl
I knew that your love would be
Everything that I ever wanted in my life

Jadi ceritanya Esmeralda dtg jauh2 dr Boston ke Calamity, New Mexico buat hunting pembunuh baby brothernya - Bartholomews…
P
Georgiann Hennelly
I,m not really a Western fan. But this book really has it all. Likeable characters, witty dialogue and plenty of tension between H/H and a fast paced plot. The story is split into three parts which i really liked the first two parts really make the book. The stage is America in the old west gangs, gunslingers, outlaws all run rampant .Billy Darling is the most infamous. Esmerelda hires him to track down her missing brother and this story is all about finding her brother.
Cheryl
3 1/2 stars. What a disappointment! I should have loved this book, after all it's a Teresa Medeiros book- and I love her books! I must have been in a reading funk because it took me about three weeks to read it. Maybe one day I'll reread it and enjoy it. :)
Pamela(AllHoney)
A fine and darling story :) Set in the American West. One of those light-hearted, witty romances that are such a pleasure to read.
RomReader
Responsible & proper Boston music teacher sells her music school & all valuable possessions to finance her search in the Southwest for her younger brother's murderer. She finds wanted gunslinger Hero, shoots him, & goes to jail for it. Hero bails her out & convinces her that he didn't kill her brother. Heroine hires Hero to track her brother. But tracker Hero also gets forcibly hired by blackmailing US marshall to find heroine's now-notorious brother. Traveling together in the Wi ...more
Morgan Colleen
This BY FAR is my favorite of Teresa Medeiros' novels. And believe me I've read A LOT and loved them all dearly but NOBODY'S DARLING pierced my heart through and through. The epilogue ripped my heart out at how beautiful is was! "MY DARLING." I mean I'm starting to cry now at how wonderful the whole story was. It's a tale of a deep and burning love where Billy is nobody's darling but Esmeralda's.
Kristen
This is a beautiful historical romance set in 1840s USA and England. We're introduced to two different people from two different classes, Esmerelda Fine from royalty in England and Billy Darling from Calamity NM, an outlaw and a dirt farmer's son. Instantly from the beginning, those two worlds collide when they meet and sparks fly. We're drawn into both of their worlds when we see things from them. A tale of opposites attract and defying the odds when it comes to add. We learn more about both of ...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Billy and Esmerelda's story was a sweet one. A good mixture of London times with proper young ladies and formality, middle class Boston with the richer people, and the wild west with the cowboys and looser morals of the newer part of America. She went after him thinking he killed her brother, and when she meets him she becomes aware of her hidden sexuality. He is struck by her bravery and wit, he longs for her as well. They fall in love, care for one another in ill times, and the love scenes are ...more
Annette

Esmerelda Fine has come to Calamity NM to kill Billy Darling. She has it on good authority that he killed her brother. She knows him because she has carried a wanted poster with his face on it all the way from Boston.

Esme shoots Billy in front of the town Marshall. Esme misses, which makes Billy a very lucky man.

All this happens before the 30th page of the book. And then things get really interesting.

Esme is a strong willed woman who believes she has right on her side. Billy feels he never has
June
Nice change of pace from highlander romance books I have read lately. Sweet story and humorous. The characters were well developed. What is a genteel lady from Boston and granddaughter of a Duke, like Miss Esmerelda Fine doing in a saloon holding a derringer in her hand and pointed at Billy Darling a notorious gunslinging bounty hunter. Both Billy and Esmerelda have some interesting relatives.

Only thing I did not like about this book was the epilogue. It felt tacked on, out of place. It was weir
Mindy
Well William Darling is now my official book crush!! I'm a sucker for cowboys and he is just the ticket. He is caring but with a touch of danger and he's got a swagger that could make even the sternest of girls swoon including Esmerelda Fine the prim East coast girl bent on taking him to jail.

The two have sparks and soon it turns to an inferno. I just recently found Mrs. Medeiros and I'm must say I'm glad because her books are all so delicious!
Pingle McCloud
beneran suka bangettttt ama yang satu ini,,
ceritanya ada serunya,kocak,sedih, dan tentunya ada cerita romance-nya yg oke bgt :D

sumpah sampai netesin air mata pas baca bagian akhir epilognya,
pas dibalik foto Billy ada tulisan "My Darling"...ampe narik napas panjang,,,sighhh...

pas baca sampe bagian ending-nya ga rela ternyata nih novel dah selesai,,
masih pengin baca lagi cerita Esme-Billy <3

jadi salah satu HR western Fave <3
Katherine
I just have to start out and say TM is one of my favorite light hearted, romance authors. She writes in every setting from, vampires, to historical romances, contemporary and now I have read her western. Though it is light hearted it is also heartwarming. Fun characters that make you smile and laugh out loud. If you need a pick me up, I would pick this one.
Kathie (katmom)
I wondered if I'd enjoy a WESTERN from Teresa Medeiros as her historical romances are near and dear to my heart.

The answer is YES!

Cowboy hats and six shooters, as written by TM are just as yummy as castles and the Highlands!

I'd read this again.

Mary Chen *Nulla in mundo pax sincera*
I love this book...400 pages of pure awesomeness. :)
Juliet
I picked this book up randomly at the library. The cover drew me because of its old school romance feel. It is red foil with embossed pattern, and it reminds me of a box of chocolates, or a valentine. The script font for the title is adorable. The inner cover illustration is sort of Harlequin romance, but it didn't bother me because I like the outside so much.

This is the first Western romance I've ever read, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was never a huge fan of the fashion and styles of the
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • Cherish
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • Angel (Wyoming, #3)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • Courting Miss Hattie
19971
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and
More about Teresa Medeiros...
Yours Until Dawn (Fairleigh Sisters, #3) Charming the Prince (Fairy Tales, #1) The Bride and the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) After Midnight (Cabot, #1) A Kiss to Remember (Fairleigh Sisters, #1)

“Esme slowly turned the picture over, her hands beginning to tremble again. Inscribed across the back of the photograph, in a woman’s elegant script, were two words. The ink might have faded, but the sentiment would surely endure forever.

Dix’s strong, warm arms went around her. He rested his cheek against hers as they whispered in unison,“My Darling”.”
1 likes