Secret Seduction

Secret Seduction

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Nina should be sympathetic towards the mysterious amnesiac man she's rescued in a storm. After all, she knows what it's like to lose one's memory; two years are missing from her own life. But she's both drawn to him and strangely frightened by him... and why does he refuse to leave?
Paperback, Mills & Boon Modern Romance #27
Published October 2000 by Mills & Boon (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Seduction

Booklover
It was an intense emotional second chance at love read,Ryan-Nina both have suffered so much they meet each other and when they find happiness it is again snatched away and if that is not enough Nina also leaves,Ryan goes through so much alone and Nina through amnesia she forgot about her hurt and pain but Ryan he went through all pains and hurt,i cried when she gains her memory and when Ryan is leaving

But even after so much hurdle and pain they again find their love and happiness back and they h...more
willaful
Feb 09, 2011 willaful rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jaqueline
4.5 stars. This had everything I love in category romance: love, heartache, secrets, forgiveness, all wrapped in a nice little package with an amnesia plot as the bow on top. There’s a wounded but wonderfully faithful hero, a wounded heroine, and a bit of a mystery, which is revealed in delicate bits, like peeling an onion. The very end brought tears to my eyes (though this is an area in which I’m pretty easy.)
Jacqueline
Really liked this one. I love amnesia plots and this one is different in that she has only lost 2 years of her life. Very well done the way that little bits of her past were revealed at a time as she remembered them. It was pretty angsty at the end. About 2/3rds of the way through I was going "oh no, oh crap." Good, well developed characters, strong hero, solid plot.

Thanks Willaful for recommending it to me.
Kay
sbf20112011
4.5 stars. I think this one was a little too sad and serious for me. I love angst, but I also like 100% resolution at the end. Not very deep of me, but these are category romance novels we're talking about. I also thought it was a little slow to get going. Still, a good read and I was definitely happy when the it was resolved.
EeeJay
Loved it - reviews below can give you an idea why....
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Be warned...this one is a TEARJERKER!!
RomReader
Artist heroine isolated herself in a small island town since she got there 9 months earlier b/c she can't remember the past 2 yrs of her life. She helps injured Hero whose head was hit by a tree & seemed to not remember his identity. She later becomes suspicious about his lost memory when she finds his credit cards. But Hero is intent on staying with her & questioning her about her previous life, which she appears content to not remember.

This Napier book could have been better. The premi...more
Tia
The heroine lost her memory and when the hero turned out he pretended to lose his memory as well, so he could get close to her. When the heroine finally got her memory back, she confronted the hero, only for the hero to find out she only got her partial memory back. When he full memory returned, she remembered being married to the hero and that they had a son together who was killed in a tragic accident. This time they cling and mourn together, it's their second chance!

It was quite a lovely book...more
Missy
A heartwrenching tale of a man fighting to win back his love after a tragic accident makes her flee and lose her memory.
Pravana
An author I have tremendous respect for - Susan Napier. Some of her stories are so powerful, that I find myself thinking about the story and its characters, long after I've put it down.

The suspense in this story was very well built up. Till more than halfway, we are unaware that they are married. I found it bit unbelievable that the heroine was in so much of a denial that she didn't recognize or acknowledge the pregnancy stretch marks in her body!!! One other discordant note - the serpent in th...more
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Lhenry
Quick read which maybe is why the characters seemed a little undeveloped. I did like how it seemed like Nina's amnesia was not that big a deal and gradually the truth is revealed to the reader at the same time it is to her. Also how her perception of Ryan alters.
April Brookshire
I liked this one because the hero was never an asshole. From the time they first got together he loved the heroine and treated her right. They had a sad past, but the ending was the type to make everything better.
Jenny Schwartz
A strong story. More relationship-y than falling-in-love-y romance. And keep a tissue box near you.
KatieV
KatieV added it
Sep 08, 2014
Marci
Marci marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Malaren
Malaren marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Jackie Lenore
Jackie Lenore marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Zainab Freitas
Zainab Freitas marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Celina Nichols
Celina Nichols marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Clue Less
Clue Less marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Ines IBRAHIM
Ines IBRAHIM marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th...more
More about Susan Napier...
Price of Passion Mistress of the Groom Secret Admirer Reckless Conduct In Bed with the Boss