Start by marking “Erfüll mein Verlangen” as Want to Read:
Erfüll mein Verlangen

Erfüll mein Verlangen (Heather Duvall #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Heather Duval, the Earl of Stonehurst's orphaned ward, has always known she will never marry. But she is content running the earl's grand country manor -- until Damien Tremayne hires on as estate manager. Then Heather suddenly fears her world may never be the same. Intense and fiercely passionate, Damien arouses feelings long denied -- with only one kiss!

Questions about hi

Paperback
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Erfüll mein Verlangen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erfüll mein Verlangen

Lynsey A
This was another enjoyable read from Samantha James. This heroine was not stubborn like some of her past heroines I've read. This was a cute love story about a woman who thought she would never know love or babies because of her limp. Of course, we know she will get her HEA. However, it was interesting to read her journey.

Damien is a man driven by vengenance. He wants to find the man who murdered his brother. He thinks Heather is the key to finding him. As he soon learns everything is not always...more
Juliana
Not James's best - heroine was too weepy and the romance was angst-ridden (3.5 stars

[1835 - Lancashire and London, England:]
I read Every Wish Fulfilled a few years ago, but didn't remember anything and had never marked down a rating, so I thought I would read it again. I was disappointed, as the story had promise and James is a talented author, so I was expecting an enjoyable romance and revenge story.

Damien is an intense, brooding hero, all alone in the world now and bent on revenge and discove...more
Holly
~May have slight spoilers.~

Damien Tremayne is looking for the man who murdered his brother, and his search has led him to Heather Duval, the orphaned ward of the Earl of Stonehurst.

Heather, I found to be quite different from most heroines, she put up a very strong front but it quickly crumbled with the arrival of Damien--who she hires as her new estate manager.

She was vulnerable in a way only someone who has felt like an outsider all their lives can be. She was a little, I admit, a very sad hero...more
Daneesha
"This is absurd," she said weakly.
No, he almost said, This is love.

Best line of the book. Too bad it took me forever to get through it. I really like Samantha James but I did not care for this book.

The heroine (Heather) was too weak for my tastes. She was independent but it was just a false shell that she had built around herself. She longed for love, children, and a husband. Things that she feels that she will never have because she has a limp. So the hero (Damien) comes along and breaks this...more
Lita Bouquard
an ok romance with a beautiful, kind but independent, disabled woman. She meets a duke in disguise, who is searching for his brother's killer. She hires Mr. Lewis to manage her estate and an attraction sparks. Like Kevin Bacon they are connected by degrees, although she is not aware how.

Heather is kind, good and has managed to stifle dreams of marriage,and thought she had come to terms with her lack of opportunities. She struggles with jealousy, resentment and anger when she is once again forced...more
Shannon
Heather Duval is the orphaned ward of an Earl and loved as their daughter. She runs her own estate and hires Damien Tremayne as her estate manager, although Damien is actually an Earl himself looking for the murderer of his brother who he believes to be Heather's biological father. An excellent story with interesting characters, mystery and love. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Samantha James.
Cornélia
read it several years ago. don't remember much altough I know I liked the Heroine very much.
Michele Lacroix
I really enjoyed this book, both the main characters were likeable.
Bunga
Saya kasih buku ini 3 bintang. Terlalu nge-fluff. Agak boring. Heroinenya tipe beta-female, jadi kurang greget. Terlalu minder sama kondisi dirinya dan pesimis banget sama nasibnya sendiri. Bukan tipikal heroine yang saya suka. Yah, ga nyalahin juga sih. Soalnya mungkin memang author sengaja membuat karakternya begitu.

Dua puluh tahun sebelum setting cerita dimulai--anggap aja prolog--ada seorang Earl yang sakit parah dalam perjalanannya ke London dan meninggal dunia di sebuah penginapan. Sebelu...more
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Leeann Kinsey
Leeann Kinsey marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Glenda Snodgrass
Glenda Snodgrass marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Sep 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Sep 16, 2014
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Shaula
Shaula marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Once Upon A Wallflower
  • The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston, #1)
  • Miss Goldsleigh's Secret
  • When Tempting a Rogue (Victorian Soap Opera, #3)
  • The Blushing Bounder (Iron Seas, #0.4)
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Sleepless at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1)
  • What a Rogue Desires (Reece Family Trilogy, #2)
  • The Trouble with Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • Lords of Love: A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • Her Imperfect Groom (The Grooms, #4)
  • Rogue In My Arms (Runaway Brides, #2)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before...more
More about Samantha James...
A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1) A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell (McBride Family, #1) His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1) A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)