Start by marking “Erfüll mein Verlangen” as Want to Read:
Erfüll mein Verlangen

Erfüll mein Verlangen (Heather Duvall #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  323 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

Heather Duval, the Earl of Stonehurst's orphaned ward, has always known she will never marry. But she is content running the earl's grand country manor -- until Damien Tremayne hires on as estate manager. Then Heather suddenly fears her world may never be the same. Intense and fiercely passionate, Damien arouses feelings long denied -- with only one kiss!

Questions about hi

Paperback
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Erfüll mein Verlangen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erfüll mein Verlangen

Lynsey A
This was another enjoyable read from Samantha James. This heroine was not stubborn like some of her past heroines I've read. This was a cute love story about a woman who thought she would never know love or babies because of her limp. Of course, we know she will get her HEA. However, it was interesting to read her journey.

Damien is a man driven by vengenance. He wants to find the man who murdered his brother. He thinks Heather is the key to finding him. As he soon learns everything is not always
Juliana Philippa
Not James's best - heroine was too weepy and the romance was angst-ridden (3.5 stars

[1835 - Lancashire and London, England:]
I read Every Wish Fulfilled a few years ago, but didn't remember anything and had never marked down a rating, so I thought I would read it again. I was disappointed, as the story had promise and James is a talented author, so I was expecting an enjoyable romance and revenge story.

Damien is an intense, brooding hero, all alone in the world now and bent on revenge and discove
Holly
Jun 11, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~May have slight spoilers.~

Damien Tremayne is looking for the man who murdered his brother, and his search has led him to Heather Duval, the orphaned ward of the Earl of Stonehurst.

Heather, I found to be quite different from most heroines, she put up a very strong front but it quickly crumbled with the arrival of Damien--who she hires as her new estate manager.

She was vulnerable in a way only someone who has felt like an outsider all their lives can be. She was a little, I admit, a very sad hero
Daneesha
Feb 16, 2013 Daneesha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"This is absurd," she said weakly.
No, he almost said, This is love.

Best line of the book. Too bad it took me forever to get through it. I really like Samantha James but I did not care for this book.

The heroine (Heather) was too weak for my tastes. She was independent but it was just a false shell that she had built around herself. She longed for love, children, and a husband. Things that she feels that she will never have because she has a limp. So the hero (Damien) comes along and breaks this
Cindy
Apr 12, 2016 Cindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Regency romance with sex.

If you're a stickler for historical accuracy, skip this one. I hated it. The story reads like a teenager wrote it. I was floored by how many people thought this was good.

The whole story is based on the premise that in 1815 a man can murder people & get sent to Newgate for 20 years. I rather think that in 1815 a man who murders more than one person gets a one way ticket to the gallows. Story over.

Lita Bouquard
an ok romance with a beautiful, kind but independent, disabled woman. She meets a duke in disguise, who is searching for his brother's killer. She hires Mr. Lewis to manage her estate and an attraction sparks. Like Kevin Bacon they are connected by degrees, although she is not aware how.

Heather is kind, good and has managed to stifle dreams of marriage,and thought she had come to terms with her lack of opportunities. She struggles with jealousy, resentment and anger when she is once again forced
Shannon
Feb 20, 2009 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Duval is the orphaned ward of an Earl and loved as their daughter. She runs her own estate and hires Damien Tremayne as her estate manager, although Damien is actually an Earl himself looking for the murderer of his brother who he believes to be Heather's biological father. An excellent story with interesting characters, mystery and love. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Samantha James.
Cornelia
Jul 30, 2012 Cornelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, epub
read it several years ago. don't remember much altough I know I liked the Heroine very much.
Michele Lacroix
I really enjoyed this book, both the main characters were likeable.
Bunga
Saya kasih buku ini 3 bintang. Terlalu nge-fluff. Agak boring. Heroinenya tipe beta-female, jadi kurang greget. Terlalu minder sama kondisi dirinya dan pesimis banget sama nasibnya sendiri. Bukan tipikal heroine yang saya suka. Yah, ga nyalahin juga sih. Soalnya mungkin memang author sengaja membuat karakternya begitu.

Dua puluh tahun sebelum setting cerita dimulai--anggap aja prolog--ada seorang Earl yang sakit parah dalam perjalanannya ke London dan meninggal dunia di sebuah penginapan. Sebelu
Amber
So. Much. Melo.
Nareh
Nareh marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Sarah Stone
Sarah Stone marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Michele Gardner
Michele Gardner rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Haley Osborn
Haley Osborn rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Manuni Sailo
Manuni Sailo marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
jackiewitmer
jackiewitmer rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Kari Angeles
Kari Angeles marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Rebecca Bell
Rebecca Bell marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Laura added it
Mar 05, 2016
michelle adj
michelle adj rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2016
Er1ka
Er1ka added it
Feb 27, 2016
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
  • When Tempting a Rogue (Victorian Soap Opera, #3)
  • What a Rogue Desires (Reece Family Trilogy, #2)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Sleepless at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • The Wild Child (The Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • Gentlemen Behaving Badly (Pleasure Emporium, #2)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • More Than a Stranger (Sealed With a Kiss, #1)
  • Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1)
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...