Start by marking “Impulse” as Want to Read:
Impulse

Impulse

Hazard, Wyoming, is a quiet mountain town where there's snow on the ground from October until June, the wind blows all the time, and nothing much ever happens. But that's all about to change. Because, just when the wind suddenly stops, a killer comes to Hazard -- a hunter as deadly and primal as evil itself.

When Sheriff Will Bridger sees the murdered teenage girl, it's the
Published May 23rd 2006 by Pocket Star (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Impulse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impulse

Shelly
Jun 12, 2012 Shelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
SuperWendy
Oct 17, 2015 SuperWendy rated it it was ok
As far as I can tell this is a stand-alone book not tied into a series, so the sheer volume of backstory is mind-boggling. The heroine's past alone is enough to fill up a trilogy, let alone one book and the author keeps piling on the tropes as the story wears on. Coupled with the serial killer plot, the fact that we meet several secondary characters, and that the story takes place within a 48 hour window - the romance is really thin. It would normally help, somewhat, that the couple does share a ...more
Ann Keller
Apr 16, 2014 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Good combination of crime drama and intrigue/suspense mixed with a love story. That's rare and unique, when one can pull that off. I enjoyed it.
jenjn79
Mar 26, 2008 jenjn79 rated it did not like it
Cindi
Jan 28, 2010 Cindi rated it liked it
A good book for reading on a cold and windy day; there is suspense enough to keep you going on late into the night.

Impulse takes place in Hazard, Wyoming, a small, windy town that is a snowmobiler's dream. In fact, there are lots of them in Hazard right now preparing for national competitions. And there is also a serial killer in Hazard.

There were some storyline glitches and unbelievable situations scattered throughout Impluse, but they weren't big enough to throw me off track. Sometimes you ju
Nenette
Sep 14, 2009 Nenette rated it it was ok
This is the 2nd book of JoAnn Ross' that I've read and like the first one, it was just ok. I bought these 2 books because they were on sale, and the plot summary at the back seemed interesting enough.

Having read even just a couple of her books, I can say it's formulaic - crime-suspense, hero-lover, etc...etc... I won't say they're not good, as I was still entertained (as much as I would be entertained by just-to-pass-my-time movies), but I will most likely read another of her books again if I'll
Wendy
Again Ms. Ross is terrific! this is one that I picked up second hand and I really like it. She has a way of just sucking you into the story and you can't put it down. You wonder what is going to happen through most of the book. There are no easily forseeable plot lines. You will be waiting to see what happens with baited breath (which you need to avoid because bait stinks). I give this one 5 out of 5 stars.
Linda
Dec 11, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Faith Prescott came to Hazard, Wyoming trying to hide from a bounty hunter who was after her. This was the town that Sheriff Will Bridger was from who Faith had run into him a few years before in Savannah. She had hoped that even though their first encounter had been covered with lies, she still was very interested in him. Now she finds herself involved in the murder of an intern at the radio station where she was the night disk jockey. This is an interesting story with a great ending.
Kay-em
First time to read this author. Story starts off with intringue but the excitement kind of fizzles out towards the end. I must admit that the author does a good job in character development, and her stories flow quite well as a result. The suspense story is mostly what kept me going, the romance was too-little-n-too-light. I may try another of the author's books in future.
Peggy Bechko
Sep 19, 2011 Peggy Bechko rated it really liked it
Shelves: romances, suspense
I very much enjoyed JoAnn Ross' Impulse It's a crime-suspense tale with romance and it was very entertaining. It is a bit on the formulaic side as has been said by a couple of reviewers? Yes, but that didn't detract from its entertainment value. I'll not hesitate to read another book by her.
Terry
Jul 25, 2012 Terry rated it it was ok
Good camp read, quick but could put it down when I needed to jump in the lake.
Darlene
Great book. I really enjoy her writing. The story is entertaining
Maria Luttrell
Aug 04, 2011 Maria Luttrell rated it really liked it
Good if you like suspense mixed with a little romance.
Beth (MrsGinTN)
Aug 14, 2009 Beth (MrsGinTN) rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, 2010-books
SBC task--Characters do an outdoor activity.
Bj Hoover
Mar 02, 2013 Bj Hoover rated it really liked it
This is a great thriller by Joann Ross. The story is gripping and everything a romantic suspense is supposed to be.
Nov 08, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Pretty good book :~)
Julie
Feb 24, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
This is a quick easy read. Never once did it drag on. I did figure out "who done it" fairly quickly, but enough twists to keep me interested.
Alisa
Nov 04, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it
I'm really liking JoAnn Ross.
Daelith
Apr 23, 2008 Daelith rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008-read, borrowed
This was the first book I've read by this author. I liked it but had it figured out who-done-it before I was even halfway through it. Still got love a hot country sheriff!
Andra
Mar 11, 2011 Andra rated it really liked it
lots of twists.
Rachael Laflam
Jun 29, 2012 Rachael Laflam rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, police
Radio DJ (Faith) and indian sherrif (Will) chasing killer
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
May 27, 2012
Christy Sewell
Christy Sewell rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2012
Denise Murphy Gentry
Denise Murphy Gentry rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Mindin
Mindin rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Swann Dives In (Henry Swann #2)
  • Scent of a Killer
  • A Very Stylish Affair
  • One Last Look (Look trilogy, #3)
  • Hero Under Cover
  • Joanna's Husband and David's Wife
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Stranger in Paradise (Carson Springs, #1)
  • Draycott Eternal:What Dreams May Come & Season of Gifts (Draycott Abbey #.6 & #5)
  • Deadly Double
  • Sacred Ground
  • French Twist
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5 #6)
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Why America Slept: The Reasons Behind Our Failure to Prevent 9/11
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written over a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmo and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including Romantic Times's
More about JoAnn Ross...