Start by marking “To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)

To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  594 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Meet the "Seven Deadly Sins"

The seven Sinclair brothers and sisters live for scandal and delight in disgrace...until their father decrees that they must reform. Propriety has never come easily, but now they have no choice. Marry in haste...or regret in poverty!

The Sinclairs of Scotland are known throughout society as the Seven Deadly Sins. Cast out by their father and deni
Published November 25th 2008 by Avon (first published November 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about To Sin With a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Sin With a Stranger

Bry
Do you think it would be comfortable to have sex on top of this? How about losing your virginity on top of it?

Frieze of the Parthenon or "Elgin Marbles," East Pediment Sculpture -Dionysus

What about inside of this?

Hackneys at Smiths Lawn

Seriously, this is the 2 places our hero and heroine get it on in this book. The coach I kind of get, but losing your virginity on top of the Dionysus sculpture of the Elgin Marbles while it was housed inside a dark, cold, and dirty coal shed???? REALLY???

This book was like crack. The decisions, thoughts, and actions of the characters didn't make much sense bu
Eastofoz
Get out the pliers because reading this book is about as much fun as pulling teeth! It is sooooooooooooooo unbelievably dull. The idea behind the new series sounds good but that's where it ends. 7 siblings each associated with one of the 7 deadly sins (greed, avarice, sloth, envy etc etc) each has to redeem him/herself to be welcomed back into the family fold.

Before the story even starts you get this huge spoiler that you could have figured out for yourself but I for one prefer when the author l
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Dec08

Author Kathryn Caskie has launched a new series starring the ‘Seven Deadly Sins’—seven children of the Scottish peerage who each embody one of the seven ‘deadlies’. “To Sin With a Stranger” is the first book of the series and stars the eldest brother as he succumbs to a quite unlikely woman while making his courtship the talk of London!

When the Duke of Sinclair cast out his seven children and sent them to London to redeem themselves or be cut off
Karla
Regency historicals aren't my thing, although I'm always wanting to like the next one I read. There's got to be a good one out there. Somewhere.

This one was of the "super lite" variety, to the point where I think the story got dropped on its head as a baby. Or was born a few chromosomes short.

It's got a twee set-up of 7 Scottish siblings that personify each of the Seven Deadly Sins and just enough detail that says, "Regency!" (namely on dit and ton repeated lots with the standby premise of a wag
Wendy
Ohhh I don't even know what words to use to describe this great book. The story is so quick that I read it in less than 6hrs. I hated to put it down. The characters are refreshing and charming and the situations they find themselves in, well I was laughing so hard at times I had tears rolling down my face. This is book one in the Seven Deadly Sins series. It deals with the Sinclair family and I can NOT wait for the next books. If they are anything like this one, well I'll be unavailable the day ...more
Katie(babs)
This is the first book in her Seven Deadly Sins series that is something to look forward to. Kathryn has come up with a great idea about seven siblings from Scotland, known as the Seven Deadly Sins. The Sinclairs have been banished from their father as punishment for all their unruly behavior. They must make their way, on their own, without any help from him. They all have an allowance and must figure out a way to keep food on the table and a shelter over their heads. This first book is about th ...more
Eilidh Dunsmore
Jan 06, 2015 Eilidh Dunsmore rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody I like
Recommended to Eilidh by: My doofus friends.
To Sin With a Stranger… where do I even start? I read the inside cover or this book thinking “Fantasy!” and was promptly disappointed. I was challenged to read this book in a day by my friends as they thought they would get a laugh out of it when I failed miserably. Hah! What they obviously didn’t know was that this book sports the “world’s biggest font in history” style. Making a book was something like, three hundred pages, maybe? More like a one-fifty quick read.
On introduction of the main c
Ron
Sevimli Hırsız
3,5
Sabrina Jeffries'ın Bozulan Yeminler kitabının, -esinlemesi diyeceğimi sanıyorsanız; yanılıyorsunuz- bildiğiniz ÇAKMASI! olmakla beraber Bozulan Yeminler'den daha çok gülmeme sebep olduğu için beğendiğimi ama konunun vasat olduğunu belirtmek isterim. :D
Yazarın karakterler arasındaki diyalogları çok güzeldi. Özellikle kardeşler! Zira kızla oğlan arasında pek bir şey olmadı. Sonu ise tam bir faciaa! Ama olsun, çerezlikti. Güldüm. XD
Lita Bouquard
I was intrigued with the idea of a family of 7 siblings each infamous for having a particular vice resulting in the nickname the 7 Deadly sins. I read an excerpt of book 2 which led me to the series where I of course began with book 1 To Sin With a Stranger. I am hopeful that book 2 will have improved character development. I liked the Scottish element and that after living, breathing and drinking whiskey during years of mourning Sinclair Duke finally recognized his failure to raise responsible ...more
HÜLYA

Orijinal adı: To Sin With a Stranger
Yazar: Kathryn Caskie
Yayınevi: Pegasus
Sayfa: 272
Goodreads Puanı : 5/3.67
Puanım :5/3,5

Yeni tanıdığım bir yazar daha.Hafif eğlendirici kurguda yazan bir yazar. Kiyabı oky-urken sıkılmadım ama çok da beğenmedim nedense konu çok sarmasa da kilitlenmedim en azından okurken.
Dört kitaplık bir serinin ilk kitabı Aşk Bahsi Seven Deadly Sins serinin ismi..
İskoçyalı Sinclair ailesinin tüm fertlerinin hikayesi idi..Karısını kaybettikten çocuklarının yetiştirilmesi ile ilg
Hulya
ChloeLeeNH
Entertaining... the first in a series always getting a bit too involved with everyone else because of the introducing of all the characters. But there was a good balance and it was good to see the dynamics of the family. I think this was a good first effort and want to try more!
Jackie
Eloisa James' blog recommended this author, but I can't say that I concur. No character development, telling rather than showing, contrived plot, and ignorance or simply disregard of Regency-era social norms.
HÜLYA
Jessi
The Sinclair family, seven brothers and sisters known as the "Seven Deadly Sins" have been kicked out of the house by their father and threatened with disinheritance if they don't change their shameful ways. The Scottish siblings go to London, hoping to distance themselves from their notoriety and hide their penury for as long as possible. While their, oldest brother Sterling takes up boxing as a way to earn money. At an important match, Isobel Carington charges into the ring trying to bring att ...more
Teresa
Arec
After reading the second, I decided I should probably read the first. After reading the second, which immediately captured my attention, I found it so difficult to get into this novel. It starts out with Siusan sewing up Sterling’s knuckles, which I had to actually skip over because I could not stomach reading about it.

After that the story progresses with Sterling actually fighting some Irish man to win money to help support his siblings. After Isobel interrupts the fight and is embarrassed by
Better than the average romance novel, but still probably not worth four stars. I think I expected more backstory for the series, and maybe it will be revealed bit by bit in all of the books, but in this one, it is rushed over and I am left sympathizing with Sterling and his responsibility to care for the others since he is oldest mostly because every other romance hero who is the eldest child has that same troubled sense of responsibility.

Still, I liked Sterling and appreciated how he never re
Min Li Li
Kafanızı boşaltmak istediğiniz bir zamanda okuyabileceğiniz bir kitap.Öyle aman aman beğenmedim ama idare ederdi.Harlequin tadındaydı bence, tam içine çekmiyor hikaye sizi,eksik bir şeyler hissediyorsunuz ya da ben hissettim.Yazar duyguları yüzeysel anlatmış sanki.Eğer elinizin altında ise boş zamanlarınızda okursunuz ama okumasanızda yokluğunu hissedeceğinizi zannetmiyorum.
Earlane Stanfield
If I started with this book during the series I probably would not have gone for more, but the third book was excellent so I decided to read the rest. Hoping book 2 will not be disappointingly dull.
Jessica
Having never read Ms. Caskie's books before, I was very pleased with To Sin with a Stranger. It was witty, engaging, and entertaining. I can honestly say that I would read another of her books in a heartbeat.

Ms. Caskie's characters come to life. She sets a scene in a way that allows the reader to submerge themselves in the book. You can almost feel the material of the ball gowns; feel the kiss of the hero; feel the anxiety, doubt and frustration of the heroine. It isn't hard to imagine yourself
Nihan
Yapmacıklıkta tavan yapmış Barbara Cartland romanları gibi...
Jessica Kayuha
Glad I only borrowed this one from the library and didn't pay for it. I've read my fair share of Regency romances, and while I can't claim any real knowledge of the period, I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than the author did at representing it on paper. The concept seems so fun, but oh, the plot is so spastic, for lack of a better term.

So many others have already enumerated the book's faults that I don't need to go into them as well. Suffice it to say, I will not be borrowing the rest o
Courtney
I thought this book was both cute and a little boring at the same time. The conversations and interactions between Sterling and Isobel were great, but then the whole book seemed to slow down. It would go back and forth between really good parts and then more boring parts. The plot was cute though, and I plan on reading book two of the Seven Deadly Sins series. I liked the Sinclair siblings a lot, but thought the storyline just dragged a little.
Vampire-lk
Great Book!!!!!! Contrary to the dismal reviews I read that outnumbered the positive ones I really enjoyed this book!! Not as cheesy as I expected going into this book from the prior reviews, top of the class probably not, but did give me a laugh... yes & that is what I sought an enjoyable time reading a "grand adventure" :) LOVED THE FAMOUS QUOTES at the beginning of each chapter!!!! Highly recommend this book!! :)
Steph
To quote the silly maid, Bluebell: "well now, that was just silliness wasn't it?"

But hey, if you like Julia Quinn, you will probably like this book.
More like 3.5* The writing was good and the story was engaging, but I would have liked a little more development of the relationship. The relationship seemed a bit rushed, and while I do like the characters and how the story ended, I would have liked more. That being said, I am definitely interested in the rest of the Sinclair family and will definitely be reading the other books in this series.
Lynette Lazaroff
Wasn't too impressed with this book so I won't read the series it was lacking in story line too much jumping around cute but boring
Great start to series! 1 11 Apr 17, 2009 05:53AM
  • In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • Confessions of an Improper Bride (Donovan Sisters, #1)
  • To Sin With a Scoundrel (Circle of Sin, #1)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • This Rake of Mine (Bachelor Chronicles, #2)
  • What a Rogue Desires (Reece Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Prelude to a Scandal (Scandal, #1)
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • Wicked All Day (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #5)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • A Groom of One's Own (The Writing Girls, #1)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Regency Rogues, #1)
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To Series #1)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...

Seven Deadly Sins (4 books)
  • The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • A Sin in White (Seven Deadly Sins, #4)
How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1) The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3) The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2) How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)

“Reduce the complexities of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life will reduce themselves. Teale” 0 likes