Start by marking “Say Cheese and Die-Again! (Goosebumps, #44)” as Want to Read:
Say Cheese and Die-Again! (Goosebumps, #44)

Say Cheese and Die-Again! (Goosebumps #44)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,084 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
PICTURE-PERFECT NIGHTMARE.

Sourball. That's what Greg calls his English teacher, Mr. Saur. He's a real grouch. And now he just gave Greg a big fat "F" on his oral report.

He didn't believe Greg's story. About the camera Greg found last summer. About the pictures it took. About the evil things that happened.

Poor Greg. He just wanted to prove old Sourball wrong. But now that h
Published 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Say Cheese and Die-Again!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say Cheese and Die-Again!

Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Ugh, I have NO tolerance for this kind of stupidity!

First, Greg decides to make the story of what happened with the evil camera in Book 1 his non-fiction English report. MORON.

Then, he's shocked when the teacher doesn't believe him and gives him an F. MORON.

Then he decides to get the camera, bring it to school, and prove to his teacher that he was telling the truth. REALLY? REALLY?!?!!? You are going to bring a lethal weapon that could wreck untold damage and end lives to school to prove a fucki
Andrew
May 01, 2012 Andrew rated it really liked it
Greg had a report to write on a true story. He decided to write about what happened in the first book. The camera where you took pictures and instead of the picture you took being the one that developed, there was another disturbing image that turned out. His teacher didn't let him finish his oral report and deemed that Greg didn't take the assignment seriously. So he gave him an F.

Greg's parents had told him that if he didn't get good grades on his remaining report cards, he wouldn't be able to
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Say Cheese and Die-Again
Series: Goosebumps #44
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 4 stars

THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE SUB SERIES IN THIS SERIES.

The first one terrified me. Like I was so scared of this evil camera, and the second one, although not as spooky, is definitely more suspenseful than the first. It's so good! Definitely one of the top 20 in the series.
David Santos
Nov 13, 2011 David Santos rated it liked it
Shelves: goosebumps
He did it again. Another bad ending. Here we have Greg who gets a failing grade because his idiot teacher doesn't believe his "summer story" or whatever it was. So, Greg looks for the camera and bad things happen.

In the first book, if I'm not mistaken, the way to reverse the "curse" was to rip up the photo. In this book they acted as if they had never gone through this before. Greg and his friend panic when the bad things happen to them. I feel they should have started right away with the photos
Ahmed Gohary
وجدتها عندى بالصدفة وانا ارتب المكتبة ولم أكن قرأتها من قبل ،الصراحة هي أفضل من المتوقع
Lexie Lopez
Apr 07, 2010 Lexie Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raevyn (Christian and Proud)
Well, if it's in THIS series, you can't expect it to be good...This was contrived and weird, just like all Goosebumps books, but this time I'm almost satisfied with the cliffhanger ending.

"Saurball" (the teacher) was unpleasant and unlikable, but I can almost see his point with the bad grade; I wouldn't think the report was true, either, if I were in his place!
Chai Maa
Oct 11, 2014 Chai Maa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

انا مهما كبرت صغير =D
ستظل دائما وابدا روايات صرخة رعب الاقرب لقلبى
الجزء الاول كان افضل
ولكن مازلت تتمتع برونق اثارتها
Tracey
This one kind of creeped me out a little bit. The idea of wasting away or gaining hundreds of pounds rapidly does not sit well with my very vivid imagination. The ending was just horrible. I can't think of what the camera will do to the whole class now. If only that butthole of a teacher had gotten is picture taken too.
Glenn
Jun 09, 2014 Glenn rated it did not like it
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Wow. What to say about this one? As a sequel, it's terrible. It hardly follows the plot or themes of the first Say Cheese and Die. There are plot holes galore. It's never explained why Shari becomes skinny or why the photo is negative. Also, the ending was disappointing. You'll see why once you finish the book. Not a great book in the series. Especially not compared to the first Say Cheese and Die which I loved.

Read from June 8, 2014 - June 9,
Savannah
Jun 12, 2014 Savannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Goosebumps Say Cheese and Die, by R.L Stine, Greg found a camera last summer that was haunted and got rid of it. However, that was not the last Greg saw of his camera when he had to prove Mr.Saur or as Greg would call him, sour ball wrong when Greg wrote a paper about it and got an "F". Until Greg proves that this camera is real, Mr.Saur will keep his grade at an "F". Greg goes through a lot of conflicts with the camera with his friends. It started when he took a picture of his friend and she ...more
Zada
Jan 12, 2014 Zada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good. It was not the scariest Goosebumps book I have ever read, but it was still good. I would recomend it to anyone who likes a good laugh if i do say so myself.
It is about a haunted camera that when it takes a picture of someone somethng terrible happens. Such as a making a boy weigh over 400 lbs.
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Marc
May 14, 2015 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely the best goosebumps book I have read yet. Stine uses amazing detail and even more amazing plots.

The story begins when Greg's English teacher doesn't believe his report, so Greg decides to prove it. He brings back the camera and accidentally snaps a photo of his friend Shari, who snaps a photo at Greg in return. Now this is no ordinary camera, the pictures show odd things, odd things that always come true. Shari's photo comes out negative...what will happen to her? But Greg's i
Abbyc
Feb 05, 2011 Abbyc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chakara
Nov 30, 2015 Chakara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually did not guess how they were going to fix the problem. Great story that I missed when I was a child.
Jay
Dec 29, 2015 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The original "Say Cheese and Die" is one of the classic Goosebumps books in the series. It has a very interesting story, good scares and action, and a darker, more surprising ending. Plus, the cover is one of my favorites. As for the sequel, I think the cover here is even better than the original. While it doesn't depict a scene from the book like the original, the skeletons on the "Say Cheese and Die-Again" cover are a definite step up. But what about the story?

Well, it isn't as good of course.
shanay
well...if there's one thing that i've learned about r.l. stine... he's not too great with second books. although this one is a little bit better than the night of the living dummy series this one makes me question how smart is greg, really?

greg decides to do a report on what he did over the summer, and brings up the creepy camera that he and his friends found. of course nobody is going to believe you!! what makes everything worse though? he wants to prove to his teacher that the camera really d
Katie
Dec 02, 2009 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback-series
Say Cheese and Die—Again!
2 out of 5 stars

As a child, my parents did not allow me to read Goosebumps books for fear of giving me nightmares. I was rather intrigued and slightly excited to read my first Goosebumps books. However, my excitement quickly faded within the first few pages. There was a conflict in the story between the main character and an evil camera. The conflict was resolved at the end of the book, when the main character “defeated” the camera. Stine told the story in chronologic
Ricky Ko
Oct 11, 2012 Ricky Ko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lets face it, everybody hates the old camera. If you do, you are going to hate this one. This camera takes your picture, and comes out different. For example, if you take your friend's picture, and the picture comes out, you will see that the picture comes out different. Your friend is screaming in pain and yelling for help. This book is the sequel to the first book, so I highly reccomend you getting the first one first. Greg and his friends encounter another dangerous mission when Greg's teache ...more
Dustin Spencer
Where as I feel like this had a stronger plot than the first I found that Greg was beyond stupid and that made it a bit more difficult to read. I definitely liked how the things that affected them do to the use of the camera were definitely something that would take an emotional toll, and since doctors were unable to find any explanation it really made them more isolated?!
Why biggest issue why in the world Greg thought he could tell his classmates and they believe him!? Seriously.
Zac
Feb 05, 2016 Zac rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the Goosebumps reads with my 7 year old daughter and this was one of the more interesting of the books we've read so far. It was "logical" (within it's own rules) and intriguing. It twisted well several times despite always hinting what to expect. I think I enjoyed this one more than she did this time around. She prefers when the evil thing has a personification than when it's just an object.
Sierra Lopez
Sep 15, 2015 Sierra Lopez rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Sourball. That's what calls his English teacher. Mr. Sour. He's a real grouch. And now he just gave Greg a big fat "F" on his oral report. he didn't believe Greg's story. About the camera Greg found last summer. About the pictures it took. About the evil things that happened. Poor Greg. He just wanted to prove old Sourball wrong, But now that he's dug up the camera, bad things are happening. Really bad things.
Willie
Mar 06, 2013 Willie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book i am readiNg is SAY CHEESE AND DIE AGAIN. It is a science fiction book. The main character is greg. The story takes place at his middle school. Problem is greg found a evil camera. The solution you have read your self. I would recommend this book because it is scary and spooky. The author is R.L.STINE.

One example of the book being scary and spooky is when. Greg took a picture of a little boy and later showed him hurt and bruised really bad. That shows that the book is scary because wh
Willie
Mar 08, 2013 Willie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book i am reading is called SAY CHEESE AND DIE AGAIN. It took place at a middle school. The genre of this book is science fiction. The main character is Greg. The problem is Greg found a evil camera. The solution you have to figure out by reading. I would recommend this book for reading because if you like scary books you should read SAY CHEESE AND DIE AGAIN.
One example of being scary is. When Greg took a picture of a little boy.Then later saw his picture and he was hurt and bruised really
Christian Serdon
The best book among the whole franchise.

Because for a young-reckless abandoned person like me, the concept was good and I wished it has unlimited sequels because what the heck this is so awesome.

And I also wished that time that I wanted to have the deadly camera because yeah, I am a devil with a halo.
Jan 26, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book and brought back memories of elementary school. After I saw the Goosebumps movie, I really wanted to read some of these books again. This one was definitely for a kid audience, but it was still entertaining to read. Not really scary, but I was always very interested to see what happened next.
Greg Kerestan
Feb 01, 2016 Greg Kerestan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another Goosebumps I mercifully missed as a kid. As an adult, this one is even more disappointing, a nasty ripoff of Stephen King's "Thinner." I keep saying "cheesy," but this book just won't die.
Ms.
May 13, 2009 Ms. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grant-y
This book was my favorite goosebumps book. It was more suspenseful than the other book. This book is the sequel to say cheese and die. Read my other review first so you'll know what's going on. On this book, Greg wanted to visit his cousins, but to do that, he'll have to get better grades at school. When he told the class about the evil camera, and everything that happened, his teacer gives him an F. So Greg goes back to the coffman house to pick up the camera and prove it to his teacher. But wh ...more
Sarah Musser mcalister
This was an okay Goosebumps book. I liked the first one better, although there are some interesting things that happen in this book.
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Animal Rebellion (Shivers, #4)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)