Start by marking “Judaikitsch: Tchotchkes, Schmattes and Nosherei” as Want to Read:
Judaikitsch: Tchotchkes, Schmattes and Nosherei

Judaikitsch: Tchotchkes, Schmattes and Nosherei

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What would happen if Martha Stewart were abducted by a tribe of trailer park rabbis? Judaikitsch! Filled to the brim with crafts, collectibles, and creative cooking, heres the ultimate guide to a funky, festive Jewish lifestyle. From everyday kitsch to holiday entertaining-and loads of mishegoss in between-Judaikitsch asks the all-important question: Why eat sushi when the ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Judaikitsch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judaikitsch

Amber
first off I'm not Jewish but I liked this book to see what different crafts that they might do. My fav. was the beer can candle holders.
Ingrid
Absolutely had me in stitches the whole time! My only gripe, (of course there had to be SOME kvetching), is the lack of photos on some projects. "Would it kill ya to put a few more photos in? Nu?"
Petra X
Beautiful kitsch photos and visual puns of yiddishkeit. If you don't understand that term, you wouldn't get the book, but no loss, its only funny for a quick flip-through anyway.
Ann
A must for all Jewish crafters. Worth reading for the Neil Tzedakah box alone. How could I not have thought of this?!?
Robin
Do yourself a favor, Bubbeleh, and read every word. (Wish my Hebrew school had used this curriculum!)
Jo
Alex
Alex added it
Dec 06, 2013
Ron Noble
Ron Noble marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Serena
Serena added it
Mar 06, 2012
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2012
Dane
Dane added it
Nov 17, 2011
robin thompson
robin thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2011
Jennifer Traig is a frequent contributor to McSweeney's and The Forward. She is the author of a series of young adult books and a humor book, JUDAIKITSCH. She has a Ph.D. in literature and lives in San Francisco.
More about Jennifer Traig...
Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood Well Enough Alone The Autobiographer's Handbook: The 826 National Guide to Writing Your Memoir What Would Wonder Woman Do?: An Amazon's Guide to the Working World Don't Forget to Write for the Secondary Grades: 50 Enthralling and Effective Writing Lessons, Ages 11 and Up