Start by marking “Enrico Starts School” as Want to Read:
Enrico Starts School

Enrico Starts School

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Enrico can already ride a bike, chase mice, and make delicious sardine sandwiches. And he enjoys playing at home with his little brother, Chico. But now he faces a new challenge&150starting school. It's hard to make friends at first, but with a helpful idea from Chico, Enrico discovers the very best way to meet a new pal&150just be yourself!

Charlotte Middleton's i

Published July 22nd 2004 by Dial (first published July 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Enrico Starts School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enrico Starts School

Elaine
Enrico, a young cat, who knows quite a few things is getting ready to start school. He's faced with a few challenges... I enjoyed the protrayal and choice of words for sentences throughout the book. The preschool kids enjoyed the story & illustrations during preschool storytime. Good ending.
Pat Marrujo
I think this book gives kids a chance to read a book about their first day of school that they can relate to.

Aside from simple text, there are also little words in the pictures that tell the reader an action or a certain object. It is a very kid-like trait.

It has a good moral of being yourself. At the beginning, Enrico has trouble fitting in. Once he just starts being himself, things all work out in the end.
Caleb
Aug 24, 2008 Caleb rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children one fifth my age
Recommended to Caleb by: whichever youth librarian set it out on dispaly where I could se
Shelves: picture-books
I was sad for Enrico when he didn't know how to make friends and was too shy to raise his hand in school. This is a horribly depressing book that made me feel bad for the rest of the day. But the drawings of cats in shorts were neat.
Katie
I thought this was a very cute book about making friends. I used it in the first week of teaching Kindergarten to let my students know it was OK to be nervous and that they would eventually find friends in school to play with.
Amy
Very cute story about a cat named Enrico, and his brother, Chico, and how Enrico adjust to starting school.
Kristin Sprague
starting school is always an interesting topic.
Aby
Aby added it
Aug 14, 2011
Nibbles: A Green Tale Nibbles' Garden: Another Green Tale Do You Still Love Me? Tabitha's Terrifically Tough Tooth Christopher Nibble