Start by marking “The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)” as Want to Read:
The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)

The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #18)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  4,151 ratings  ·  29 reviews
As a beleaguered galaxy fights its way back from the brink of destruction, the Jedi’s most fearsome enemy plots to end the war–and claim victory–with a final act of domination. . . .

The troubles for the embattled living planet Zonama Sekot have just begun. As Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo negotiate its place in the galactic struggle against the Yuuzhan Vong, one of its or
320 pages
Published (first published September 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Prophecy

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnDarth Plagueis by James LucenoStar Wars, Episode IV by George Lucas
Star Wars Novels
155th out of 177 books — 26 voters
Path of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynHeir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDarth Plagueis by James LucenoRule of Two by Drew KarpyshynDynasty of Evil by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
275th out of 320 books — 888 voters

More lists with this book...

Crystal Starr Light
The end is in sight and I can't wait to get there!

Tahiri is on Dagobah when she meets a Shamed One that tells her of the heresy and of a prophecy: that a Living World (Zonoma Sekot) promises redemption to the Shamed Ones. This seems to be nothing, but then Nom Anor, in his disguise as the Prophet, asks the Jedi to take him, Harrar, and Nen Yim to this place. So Tahiri and Corran swing on by to Yuuzhan'Tar and the unlikely quest begins.

NOTE: Based on audiobook and novel.

Frak, was this a good book
Michael
The Final Prophecy is one of the penultimate books of the New Jedi Order series. This book makes me wish the author wrote the entire series, especially the Force Heretic three book miniseries (a lackluster attempt at entertainment).

Not a verbose novel, this story is focused and entertaining. The storytelling has depth and the writing smooth. Taking into account the trials occurring around the galaxy, Final Prophecy omits the mundane unnecessary details, assuming you have already read the 17 oth
Ryan
This is not the kind of novel that's going to set the world on fire. What it is, though, is the penultimate book in the New Jedi Order series, which means it's in charge of making sure that all of the pieces are properly in place for the finale. And that, I have to say, it does fairly well.

The plot: The Jedi are contacted by those within the Vong who would challenge Shimmra; Tahiri and Corran Horn are conscripted to take Nom Amor and Nem Yim to the living planet of Zonama Sekot to try to advance
Daniel
A priest, two Jedi, a false prophet, and a shaper walk into a bar. I mean a ship...

As campy as that sounds, that's pretty much what happens in this book, and it is *awesome*. I'm not even being sarcastic. This book was a lot of fun (particularly after the last several New Jedi Order books, which have dragged more and more).

There's not much bad to complain about. Some of the stuff felt a little too simple or easy. There was a slight deus ex machina at the end, and getting the aforementioned group
Matthew
I read this book in one day - so yes, I liked it.

When I started reading Star Wars (about eight years ago), I skipped the New Jedi Order series because it is so long. Over time though, I've bought random books from the series at used bookstores, and really enjoyed them. Reading them out of order is a fun experience. I read the last book of the series sometime last year, and finally got around to reading this one a few weeks ago. This gives a good portion of the back story for the concluding even
Michael Church
The series finally managed to hit another home run by focusing on a single narrative rather than a handful of stories that hardly tie together in any way. Though not as thought provoking as the last 5-star entry in the series (Traitor), The Final Prophesy still manages some excellent plot and character moments.

Tahiri is a character that has been built up since very early in the series and it's exciting to see her finally truly get the spotlight. More, the Yuzhan Vong characters that are highlig
William
"The Final Prophesy" is the second to last novel in the long Star Wars story arc the New Jedi Order. In it, our usual cast of heroes, Luke, Han & Leia, take a back seat to two other Jedi protagonists, Tahiri Veila & Corran Horn. They form an uneasy alliance with three Yuuzhan Vong who, like the Jedi, are looking for the living planet, Zonama Sekot. Nen Yim, a Vong shaper wants to discover its secrets. Harrar, a priest, is there for more or less the same reason. Nom Anor, disguised as the ...more
Aric
I really enjoyed this book. I hesitate to say that it was great, but it was very very good. The pacing, style, plot, and characters all came together quite well and I really felt like i was being swept along on a great adventure. Well done Greg Keyes, you have redeemed the NJO series for me after the debacle that was the 3 force heretic books.
Trae Stratton
High praise for this penultimate chapter in the overlong New Jedi Order. I really wish Mr. Keyes had written more books in this series- his tone is perfect for it.
Brian Burriston
Holiday read. Good but only one of the series I've read.
K
Good story. The primary focus see to be the more vong than alliance. Was interesting to see Luke/Mara as secondary characters.
Brendan
While a good read, I felt like this was another book where not much happened, at least not on a large scale. More than anything this book moved the players into place for the final book in the series. While there were some memorable events, I was most disappointed that they discovered something about the Yuuzhan Vong and then predictably killed off that character before it could be revealed. Still, I enjoyed th ebook.
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
Jun 10, 2011 The Artist Librarian (Jen) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: my-books, star-wars
*Not a review, just some thoughts*

Tahiri has always been one of my favorite characters and it was nice to see Corran Horn again ... I liked Greg Keyes's earlier duology in the series and he wasn't a terrible Star Wars author. I don't think I'd mind seeing him write another "SW" novel someday ...

Brantley
Forceful and compact prose with a quickly moving narrative spell out The Final Prophecy, the penultimate novel in the NJO series. Compared with the overwhelmingly mediocre Force Heretic Trilogy, this book is a much needed jolt of caffeine, and a great set-up to the closer, The Unifying Force.
Jesse
Tis a great read. I especially loved the character development of both the new characters and already-known characters. No crude language. There is some violence with lightsabers, but it is not worse than a PG-13 rating. I would let my teenagers read it.
Adam
What I enjoyed about this book is similar to what I enjoyed about Keyes' earlier entry in NJO. It takes seriously a discussion of what is similar between the Vong and the peoples of the Galactic Alliance, much like he did in the Edge of Victory duology.
Michael
A good change of pace well written, all the characters are believable. Han even sounds like classic Han occasionally. The storyline is pretty good, better than many of the others in the series, but not the best.
Matt Hartzell
Mar 06, 2009 Matt Hartzell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: star-wars
The New Jedi Order is my favorite series in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It is a long and epic story, with large ramifications for all the Expanded Universe characters. It will keep you busy for a while!
Jimmy
This was far better than the previous trilogy. It sets up events for the last book rather nicely. Some parts felt a little rushed but I enjoyed how concise it was.
Mark
The actual final set-up book for the New Jedi Order arc. Hijinx ensue as different people try to use the appearance of the secret, living planet to their own ends. That's about all I remember.
Bonnie
This book didn't seem to fit very well with the vibe of the New Jedi Order. Seemed kind of sloppy and hurried. Had some interesting plot elements at least.
Jeroen
Jul 26, 2009 Jeroen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi geeks like me...
Working up to the end of the series wasn't as exciting as I hoped but it was fun nonetheless...
Theresa
the test of seperation, will it be enough to defeat the twin jedi powers
Theresa
the test of seperation, will it be enough to defeat the twin jedi powers
Ashley
Beginning was a bit slow with Tahiri but it picked up later on.
Caroline
a good book, starts tying up the loose ends of this long series.
Vee
I will write a review later on to the end of the New Jedi Order.
Kevin J.
Couldn't put it down!
  • The Unifying Force (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #19)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • Rebel Stand (Enemy Lines, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #12)
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
Gregory Keyes is a writer of science fiction and fantasy who has written both original and media-related novels under both the names J. Gregory Keyes and "Greg Keyes".

Greg Keyes was born in to a large, diverse, storytelling family. He received degrees in anthropology from Mississippi State and the University of George before becoming a fulltime writer.
He lives in Savannah, Georgia.
More about Greg Keyes...
The Briar King (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #1) Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7) Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8) The Charnel Prince (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #2) The Blood Knight (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #3)

“You're bored. Two weeks without someone trying to kill us and you're bored out of your mind.

Leia to Han”
4 likes
“Understanding is the essence of enlightenment.

-Harrar”