Start by marking “The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)” as Want to Read:
The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)

The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #18)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  4,927 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
As a beleaguered galaxy fights its way back from the brink of destruction, the Jedi’s most fearsome enemy plots to end the war–and claim victory–with a final act of domination. . . .

The troubles for the embattled living planet Zonama Sekot have just begun. As Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo negotiate its place in the galactic struggle against the Yuuzhan Vong, one of its o
320 pages
Published (first published September 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Prophecy

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnPath of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnRule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
232nd out of 334 books — 962 voters
Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnThe Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave WolvertonStar Wars - Episode IV by Alan Dean Foster
Star Wars Novels
154th out of 176 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Scott Rhee
Apr 19, 2016 Scott Rhee rated it really liked it
This is the second-to-last book in the Star Wars New Jedi Order series, and, while it has been a long haul (20 books total in the series), with only a few that I would call less-than-stellar, most of the books in the series have been excellent. Greg Keyes's "The Final Prophecy" is one of the better ones.

Keyes wrote one of my favorite books in his NJO Edge of Victory duology, "Conquest", which introduced many themes and events that had have had a significant impact on the direction in which the s
M Hamed
Aug 12, 2015 M Hamed rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, star-wars
i have exams i don't have time for this

and by the way where are the Mandalorian in all of this ?
Michael
Oct 08, 2011 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars, own, 2011
The Final Prophecy is one of the penultimate books of the New Jedi Order series. This book makes me wish the author wrote the entire series, especially the Force Heretic three book miniseries (a lackluster attempt at entertainment).

Not a verbose novel, this story is focused and entertaining. The storytelling has depth and the writing smooth. Taking into account the trials occurring around the galaxy, Final Prophecy omits the mundane unnecessary details, assuming you have already read the 17 oth
Crystal Starr Light
Jul 08, 2011 Crystal Starr Light rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
The end is in sight and I can't wait to get there!

Tahiri is on Dagobah when she meets a Shamed One that tells her of the heresy and of a prophecy: that a Living World (Zonoma Sekot) promises redemption to the Shamed Ones. This seems to be nothing, but then Nom Anor, in his disguise as the Prophet, asks the Jedi to take him, Harrar, and Nen Yim to this place. So Tahiri and Corran swing on by to Yuuzhan'Tar and the unlikely quest begins.

NOTE: Based on audiobook and novel.

Frak, was this a good book
Ryan
May 12, 2009 Ryan rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
This is not the kind of novel that's going to set the world on fire. What it is, though, is the penultimate book in the New Jedi Order series, which means it's in charge of making sure that all of the pieces are properly in place for the finale. And that, I have to say, it does fairly well.

The plot: The Jedi are contacted by those within the Vong who would challenge Shimmra; Tahiri and Corran Horn are conscripted to take Nom Amor and Nem Yim to the living planet of Zonama Sekot to try to advance
Bryan
Sep 15, 2015 Bryan rated it really liked it
Nice lead-up to the finale, and got the story back on track after the boring Force Heretic Trilogy. A few secondary characters got some love in this book, which is always a nice change of pace from the constant Skywalker/Solo-fest. A short, easy read.
Jerry
Jul 04, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
The Good: This penultimate volume in the New Jedi Order series features the same action, drama, and heroism that we've come to expect. The epilogue is appropriately dramatic, and sets the stage for what is hopefully an explosive conclusion. After reading the series in its entirety up to this point--well, minus the e-book short stories, anyway--I'm curious to see how it finishes.

The Bad: As good as this was, it still felt a little lackluster; maybe that's because the fireworks won't begin until t
Katrin von Martin
Jun 18, 2015 Katrin von Martin rated it really liked it
Daniel
Feb 21, 2014 Daniel rated it really liked it
A priest, two Jedi, a false prophet, and a shaper walk into a bar. I mean a ship...

As campy as that sounds, that's pretty much what happens in this book, and it is *awesome*. I'm not even being sarcastic. This book was a lot of fun (particularly after the last several New Jedi Order books, which have dragged more and more).

There's not much bad to complain about. Some of the stuff felt a little too simple or easy. There was a slight deus ex machina at the end, and getting the aforementioned group
Matthew
Nov 19, 2014 Matthew rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day - so yes, I liked it.

When I started reading Star Wars (about eight years ago), I skipped the New Jedi Order series because it is so long. Over time though, I've bought random books from the series at used bookstores, and really enjoyed them. Reading them out of order is a fun experience. I read the last book of the series sometime last year, and finally got around to reading this one a few weeks ago. This gives a good portion of the back story for the concluding even
Michael Church
Jan 25, 2014 Michael Church rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
The series finally managed to hit another home run by focusing on a single narrative rather than a handful of stories that hardly tie together in any way. Though not as thought provoking as the last 5-star entry in the series (Traitor), The Final Prophesy still manages some excellent plot and character moments.

Tahiri is a character that has been built up since very early in the series and it's exciting to see her finally truly get the spotlight. More, the Yuzhan Vong characters that are highlig
William
Mar 23, 2012 William rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars, paperback
"The Final Prophesy" is the second to last novel in the long Star Wars story arc the New Jedi Order. In it, our usual cast of heroes, Luke, Han & Leia, take a back seat to two other Jedi protagonists, Tahiri Veila & Corran Horn. They form an uneasy alliance with three Yuuzhan Vong who, like the Jedi, are looking for the living planet, Zonama Sekot. Nen Yim, a Vong shaper wants to discover its secrets. Harrar, a priest, is there for more or less the same reason. Nom Anor, disguised as the ...more
RumBelle
Apr 04, 2016 RumBelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
This book focuses a lot on the Yuuzhan Vong which is good. It shows this conflict from another point of view. A prophecy was made concerning Zonoma Sekot, and it’s role in the war. The Yuuzhan Vong have come to stop Luke from engaging the planet’s help, by whatever means necessary. To that end, deceit and treachery are engaged in. The action sets us up for the final battle.
Aric
May 07, 2014 Aric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I really enjoyed this book. I hesitate to say that it was great, but it was very very good. The pacing, style, plot, and characters all came together quite well and I really felt like i was being swept along on a great adventure. Well done Greg Keyes, you have redeemed the NJO series for me after the debacle that was the 3 force heretic books.
Rocky Sunico
Jan 21, 2016 Rocky Sunico rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
A decent enough book, but it sort of invalidate the last three books in one sweep. At least the ship combat sequences with Wedge's fleet helped keep things interesting. I just didn't like the twists at the end with Nom Anor and such. Nem Yim had a lot of potential, but then that just went wrong very quickly towards the end.
Kim
Jun 13, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Finally! Back to a decent book! I knew from the first few pages that I had finally left behind the sometimes painful writing style of Williams and Dix and was returning to something that felt considerably more natural.

I probably loved this book more than I should have. Perhaps I'm biased. You see, I absolutely love Corran Horn. The return of Corran had me simply ecstatic. Also, I liked Nen Yim in Keyes' previous NJO novels, and her growth in this installment was quite good.

Now on to the (hopef
Brian Burriston
Aug 16, 2014 Brian Burriston rated it liked it
Holiday read. Good but only one of the series I've read.
Kenn
Feb 17, 2016 Kenn rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This book finally made Tahiri interesting.
Matthew
Feb 04, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it
Audiobook
K
Jan 19, 2014 K rated it really liked it
Good story. The primary focus see to be the more vong than alliance. Was interesting to see Luke/Mara as secondary characters.
Brendan
Sep 02, 2013 Brendan rated it really liked it
While a good read, I felt like this was another book where not much happened, at least not on a large scale. More than anything this book moved the players into place for the final book in the series. While there were some memorable events, I was most disappointed that they discovered something about the Yuuzhan Vong and then predictably killed off that character before it could be revealed. Still, I enjoyed th ebook.
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
Jun 10, 2011 (Jen) The Artist Librarian rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: my-books, star-wars
*Not a review, just some thoughts*

Tahiri has always been one of my favorite characters and it was nice to see Corran Horn again ... I liked Greg Keyes's earlier duology in the series and he wasn't a terrible Star Wars author. I don't think I'd mind seeing him write another "SW" novel someday ...

Brantley
Feb 21, 2013 Brantley rated it really liked it
Forceful and compact prose with a quickly moving narrative spell out The Final Prophecy, the penultimate novel in the NJO series. Compared with the overwhelmingly mediocre Force Heretic Trilogy, this book is a much needed jolt of caffeine, and a great set-up to the closer, The Unifying Force.
Jesse
Oct 13, 2014 Jesse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Tis a great read. I especially loved the character development of both the new characters and already-known characters. No crude language. There is some violence with lightsabers, but it is not worse than a PG-13 rating. I would let my teenagers read it.
Adam
May 31, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
What I enjoyed about this book is similar to what I enjoyed about Keyes' earlier entry in NJO. It takes seriously a discussion of what is similar between the Vong and the peoples of the Galactic Alliance, much like he did in the Edge of Victory duology.
Michael
A good change of pace well written, all the characters are believable. Han even sounds like classic Han occasionally. The storyline is pretty good, better than many of the others in the series, but not the best.
Matt Hartzell
Mar 06, 2009 Matt Hartzell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: star-wars
The New Jedi Order is my favorite series in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It is a long and epic story, with large ramifications for all the Expanded Universe characters. It will keep you busy for a while!
Jimmy
Dec 10, 2014 Jimmy rated it really liked it
This was far better than the previous trilogy. It sets up events for the last book rather nicely. Some parts felt a little rushed but I enjoyed how concise it was.
Mark
The actual final set-up book for the New Jedi Order arc. Hijinx ensue as different people try to use the appearance of the secret, living planet to their own ends. That's about all I remember.
Trae Stratton
Jul 28, 2015 Trae Stratton rated it really liked it
High praise for this penultimate chapter in the overlong New Jedi Order. I really wish Mr. Keyes had written more books in this series- his tone is perfect for it.
  • Refugee (Force Heretic, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #16)
  • The Unifying Force (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #19)
  • Rebel Stand (Enemy Lines, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #12)
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
Gregory Keyes is a writer of science fiction and fantasy who has written both original and media-related novels under both the names J. Gregory Keyes and "Greg Keyes".

Greg Keyes was born in to a large, diverse, storytelling family. He received degrees in anthropology from Mississippi State and the University of George before becoming a fulltime writer.
He lives in Savannah, Georgia.
More about Greg Keyes...

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)

“Understanding is the essence of enlightenment.

-Harrar”
4 likes
“You're bored. Two weeks without someone trying to kill us and you're bored out of your mind.

Leia to Han”