Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)

Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  436 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Race to the altar: Maxie, Darcy and Polly are The Husband Hunters.

The terms of the will: the late Nancy Leeward has left each of her three god-daughters a share of her estate if they marry within a year and remain married for six months....

The hunter: Maxie Kendall, who, because of her father's compulsive gambling, is faced with a debt she can't settle. Nancy's bequest cou...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #2001, 187 pages
Published January 1st 1999 by Harlequin Books (first published April 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Married to a Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married to a Mistress

Jacqueline
I really enjoyed this one. The hero wanted the heroine as his mistress and since he knows that she was already someone else's mistress, he can't understand why she'd turn him down once she's free. Of course like almost all LG heroine's she is really a virgin who had been forced to pretend to be the other man's mistress.

They fought throughout the whole thing. Sometimes he would come out on top and sometimes she would. I can take a lot of bickering if the winning is not all on one side. She had h...more
Leona
This is one of the few Lynne Graham books that I actually liked. I understand that it is the first in a three part series, and the second book "Vengeful Husband" is supposedly even better...Can't wait to read that.

Surprisingly, the reason I liked this so much was for the Hero....and yes he was typical alpha, arrogant, close minded, rough handed...but he had ALOT of redeeming qualities...It was obvious (in his alpha way) that he truly cared for the heroine. For example, ditching his date to take...more
sbf20112011
Great Lynne Graham. I normally find it tough in an HP to find characters falling in love for the first time truly believable, especially where they fight all the time (the books are too short for it to be believable), and normally I prefer stories where the characters were in love in the past, because with that history you can understand the love despite the fighting/cruelty. But this is a good one and you can really feel that Angelos can't help being totally in love with Maxie the whole time, e...more
Sapheron
These two were a match for each other, on every level, and it cracked me up seeing them interact. My favourite line was when he said to her, after her umpteenth time of telling him to leave her alone, 'You really can't look at me like that and expect me to throw in the towel.' That one line pretty much sums it all up.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I read this book a few years back. They put all 3 books in the series Called the Prusuit. That's the book i originally review years back but decided to leave individual reviews.

Third book in the series.Nancy Leeward cared deeply for her goddaughters, but how had those three foolish girls repaid her love? Maxie was living with a married man, Darcy was a single mom, and Polly was being paid to bear some selfish man's child. Nancy was determined to force them into happiness . . . by stipulating in...more
•Erin• (Paperback Stash)
I actually LOVED this book. For a Harlequin it was fun, fascinating, and pretty much sums up most of my favorite Harlequin themes. The heroine was feisty but realistically flawed which added a nice touch. The hero was sexy as hell, domineering, sweet, and just awesome. Their relationship started on misconception and chasing, fighting, all fun. It wasn't filled with sex or anything, but it was much steamier than most of the Harlequins I've been reading. There were genuinely giggle-out-loud scenes...more
Claire
Obsessive hero to the point of being stalkerish. Heroine doth-protest-too-much. Hero wanted to bed her but hated her slutty rep; she insisted on marriage to make him balk.
What I like about the hero: arguing in the rain, dumping date when he saw that she was ill with chicken pox, stupid enough to brawl with 5 men to defend her, gave a list of phone numbers to make sure she'd be able to contact him at any time,scared she'd leave him when newspaper printed photo of 3 month-old date with ex.
What I...more
Mydearloverboy
this one had a LOT of angst!!
overall, a typical LG book:)
Booked
The most memorable thing about great book is that the Angelos went over the top with everything regarding Maxi. The best part was that he wasn't even aware of how ridiculously obvious he was. He kinda just waited for her to catch on. LG did a wonderful job adding a good measure of humor at the right places. I had some lmao moments with this book. It's equal measure emotion, breathless seduction, fun and wit. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.
Deneira
Got to read the right book at the right time... I love Maxie and Angelos....
Diah Didi
This novel had the combinations of those theme I love. The love-hate, arrangement, marriage of convenience, doing the sex-after-marriage, virgin, a good girl pretend to be a bad girl or had a bad reputation, the hero despised her but wanting her too badly.

I was just a bit surprised at the ending, when both hero and heroine revealed their feeling.
Blaze King
4.8 points out of 5.

It's a great book that only improves as it progresses !

However it lost two points for me because for a book this good I wished for a more impassioned ending, but it felt like most HEA end in much the same way. Therefore the ending didn't feel like different from any other story.

But a good read it is , nonetheless.
Tina
I ended up liking this HP because the hero and the heroine seemed equally matched for once. They were both equally exasperating, immature and in love with each other.
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Precious Keys
Precious Keys marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Tazz
Tazz marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Natalia Marjono
Natalia Marjono marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Vogue
Vogue marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Liz Beth
Liz Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Polina
Polina marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Orjapi145
Orjapi145 marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
husband stoped the divorce and begged for my love 3 6 Sep 17, 2014 06:52PM
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • A Whirlwind Marriage
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2 & Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932)
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Return of the Moralis Wife (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Baby of Shame

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1...more
More about Lynne Graham...
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless) The Spanish Groom Bond of Hatred Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife