Start by marking “Hoodwinked (Silhouette Desire #492)” as Want to Read:
Hoodwinked (Silhouette Desire #492)

Hoodwinked (Silhouette Desire #492)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Maureen Harris is a professional secretary for the MacFaber Corporation, a company that manufactures jets. After a plane is sabotaged, Maureen decides to spice up her life by conducting her own investigation. She is suspicious of the company's newest and most antagonistic mechanic, but is shocked to find herself seduced by the stranger. But the mechanic has a secret that w ...more
Published March 1st 1989 by Silhouette (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Hoodwinked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hoodwinked

Emily
I wanted a quick mindless read and that is what this book offered. But it was so cheesy.

The young single secretary falls for the rich boss, only the boss has been away for a long time so no one really knows what he looks like. The boss goes undercover as a mechanic and that is how she falls for him.

He reveals to her his true identity and they go for a ride in his rolls Royce, buy a 2 caret diamond ring, buy a big house complete with servants and have a baby. Most books don't have all this happ
Linda Hurst
Long time favorite now an e-book

I have been waiting for the e-release of Hoodwinked one of my favorite Palmer Books for a long time. I am not going to detail the plot as it is hard to discuss the plot without spoilers and the surprises are half the fun of this story.

Maureen and Jake are the young virgin and experienced older man that Palmer readers love and there are some really nice twists that make this one special.
Diane
Two characters who cannot be more opposites! Jake is experienced in life, work and experiences (all kinds!) Maureen has no experience at all. Isn't it interesting how that is such a turn on for Jake?
Caitlin O'Sullivan
I picked up this book because my brother's an airplane mechanic, and I thought I'd send it to him for a laugh. First, though, I read the story.

Helloooooo, alph-hole "hero."

As readers of Smart Bitches, Trashy Books know, "alph-hole" is short for alpha-male asshole. And is Jake Edwards ever an alph-hole. He's verbally rude and mean, he creeps her out and stalks her, and he manhandles her whenever he starts to feel lusty. While he changes a bit by the end of the book, he's still 90% turd.

Definitel
Amanda Sheila
I was expecting something more dramatic, like the heroine got hurt or something like that. But apparently, Diana Palmer didn't grant my wish for now.

It's been a while since I read Diana Palmer's book and I think this one's quite good. Though I don't really like the hero. Jake's kind of annoying and I don't think his apology is enough to his way. But then again Diana Palmer's heroine always forgive easily. Maureen's typical Palmer's girl so it doesn't really surprise me.

Now I'm running out of D
Dorothy Snyder
I liked this book it was kinda different from the usual Diana Palmer books I have read.
Alaina
I really enjoyed this book.
Adriana Fogaça
Men at Work 01
Vendada
Diana Palmer
H. Desejo 107
2009

É impossível não se apaixonar pelas histórias de Diana Palmer.

Como, também é impossível não ficar louca da vida, com os homens de suas tramas.

Ainda bem, que nessa história a mocinha, Maureen, não é covarde.

Kkkkk....

Adoro!!!

RECOMENDADÍSSIMO!!!
Dee Brewer
For a Diana Palmer story i was disappointed in the story. Boring read.
Erotic Horizon
Hoodwinked (Men at Work: Men of Steel, No. 1) by Diana Palmer (1998)
Bonnie Jo Tinsley
Bonnie Jo Tinsley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
sheila kohlmeyer
sheila kohlmeyer is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Pam Luteran-Isbell
Pam Luteran-Isbell marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Jennifer Lessard
Jennifer Lessard marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Helga
Helga marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Melinda Rahm
Melinda Rahm marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Sarah added it
Jun 30, 2015
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife
  • The Midwife
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • The Sheikh's Virgin
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct #14)
  • Taken by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #3)
  • Mistress Bought and Paid For (Mistress to a Millionaire)
  • The Italian's Secret Baby
  • Fever (McCalls, #1)
  • A Mistress for the Taking
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • My Lord Immortality (Immortal Rogues, #3)
  • The Rake's Mistress (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
  • The Master's Mistress
  • Enticing the Prince (The Kazanovs, #6)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)