Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)

Tides Of Love (Seaswept Seduction Series)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Newcomer Tracy Sumner has a distinctive narrative voice and a fine talent for evoking the coastal terrain and social scene of North Carolina's Outer Banks. Here, she introduces Elle Beaumont, whose heart had been broken once by Noah Garrett. Now, Noah is back, rekindling dreams she'd given tip for lost, and turning her world upside down.
Published October 1st 2000 by Zebra (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Tides Of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides Of Love

Anne OK
Get "swept" away in this truly captivating story well-blended with sensual romance, accurate historical depiction, along with amazing and complex characters. Set in 1898 on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Elle Beaumont experiences young love - but it just happens to be one-sided. After a family secret is discovered, young Noah Garrett leaves a heartbroken Elle, his family, and the island for ten years. When he is given no choice but to return home, Noah is faced with a magnitude of emotions a...more
Destiny Rose Book Reviews
The storyline had potential and I enjoyed the supporting cast. Elle is head over heels in love with Noah. He is a cold scientific minded jerk who treats her so bad, I ended up hating him. I was proud of Elle for deciding to move on with her life. Noah is TOO emotionally unavailable to be likable. Even his brothers had a difficult time making a connection with him. I wish the author would have made him a little more compassionate. But no, he makes lists of why he should not love Elle and when she...more
Theresa
I thought the story and romance was sweet, but I felt like the writing was a bit incoherent. It just didn't flow smoothly and I found myself rereading some passages to get a better picture of the scene.
Allie
Jan 13, 2012 Allie marked it as to-read
Free on kindle today.... 1.13.12
The_Book_Queen
Originally posted on TBQ's Book Palace

~*~*~*~

When childhood friends finally realize that they desire more then mere friendship, passion begins to simmer. Can Ellie and Noah come to terms with their feelings for one another—or will another decade apart pass?

I wanted to love this book. The storyline (friends to lovers) is one I usually enjoy. But for whatever reason it just did not work for me in this book. Nothing really stood out for me, which is a shame. It wasn't horrible, but it ended up be...more
ReviewsByMolly
May 25, 2012 ReviewsByMolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: Goddess Fish Promotions
Tracy Sumner is one of my new favorite authors. Wow! I absolutely adored both of these novels. From start to finish, these books captivated me and transported me to another time and place, and made me feel a true part of Pilot Isle and the Garret family. I felt every emotional, from turmoil to love, that these amazingly created characters felt. The writing style that Ms. Sumner uses is beyond incredible.

In Tides Of Love, we get the first glimpse of the Garrets. They're a family filled with heart...more
Terri
Cocktails and Books
Elle has loved Noah since he stood up for her when classmates at school made fun of the new girl with the funny accent. But when she stumbles upon his mother's diary and that leads to the discovery that Noah is not who he thought he was, he takes off as far as he can get from Elle and his brothers. Ten years later, he finds himself back in Pilot Island, North Carolina to set up a marine biology lab for the college he works for in Chicago. While Noah had always planned on returning home to reunit...more
Rachelle Ayala
Tides of Love featured a nerdy professor with a free-spirited girl next door, an unusual pairing that the author describes as oil and water. Noah's mind is ruled by logic. He is analytic, careful and has his entire career planned out. Elle, in contrast, is impulsive, curious and has always had a crush on Noah since childhood.

A spilled family secret sends Noah away for ten years. When he returns, he must confront everything he had been hiding from, including the strained relationship between his...more
Melissa
I actually got this book at the end of February, but haven't been able to post the review til now because my sites were hacked. Apologies to the author for the delay.

I've been reading a lot of books about women on boats, lately, so it seems only natural that I shifted to women on beaches. While I don't read a huge number of romance novels, or historicals, I enjoy both when done well. Based on my recent reading of Tides of Love Tracy Sumner does them well.

Marielle-Claire (Elle) Beaumont is a sm...more
Gina's Library
I reviewed this book for http://www.worldliterarycafe.com/.

I gave this book 4 stars because as much as I loved the story I felt the book was too long. It didn't need to be as long as it was to get the story across to the reader.

The story is set back in the 1800s. In that era women were married off as a business arrangement. Love did not have much to do with marriage. Elle however refused to follow that line of thinking and was a spinster at the ripe old age of around 25. Only one man has ever he...more
Andrea
Elle has been in love with Noah since they were children and everyone in town knows it. She followed him around like a love-sick puppy and Noah spent most of his time running the other direction. This goes on from childhood through adolescence until one day Elle finds a diary. Noah’s mother died when he was a baby and it’s her diary. Finding the diary is the beginning of a tragic chain of evens which ends with Noah running away from home and nobody hears from him again.

Elle tries to make the bes...more
Britni
After being gone for ten years, Noah has returned to his childhood and the past that has haunted him for so long. And Marielle-Clare, the woman who has haunted his dreams. Elle was infatuated with Noah all growing up and was heartbroken when he left in their teens. Ten years without a word has led up to this moment when Noah returns and runs into Elle for the first time. Will Elle be able to prove that she's grown up that she's moved on and will Noah be able to avoid his past and this gorgeous w...more
Karen
After reading a glowing review on a blog I follow on the second book in this series, Tides of Passion that sparked my interest I thought it best to start with the first book Tides of Love. At only $2.99 on Amazon I would say this book is worth the price. Tracy Sumner is a new author for me and I must admit I found Tides of Love a little slow going at the start and will admit to quickly flicking over a few pages.
It may be that this romance has a few differences to the types of romance I usually...more
Ginia
I think this is an approximately new author. There were a few "issues" with the book. I found places where the time-traveling-guy said things that would not have been in his vernacular, and there were a few other things I noticed. But I thought the story line was excellent! It did seem like there were all sorts of OTHER paths the story line might have taken - and didn't - but it was still a very good story. And (as long as I'm slinging something like criticism around) I thought the final tie-eve...more
Diana
Often hard to tell what characters were doing or their surroundings.
Mary Meyer
Just when you get really frustrated with the main characters, we get a HOT, HOT, HOT love scene. Works for me.
Gina
This is a 3 1/2 star rating. The story was good, but...definitely there are some editing issues.
Monica
A great story of two people in love, but both are too stubborn to see that love. i enjoyed reading as these two find that love, but continually push the other one away. Thankfully, one is strong enough to pursue the other and they finally do end up together. It also showed us how sometimes it is others that help to bring out the best in us, and that we should not be afraid to put our vulerbility out there, for when we take those chances, is often when we find out one true love.
Kathy Heare Watts
I enjoy historical fiction and found TIDES OF LOVE (Seaswept Seduction/Book One: NOAH) by Tracy Sumner to be an excellent story. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters and descriptions of the area to be delightful. There was times I wanted to knock Noah in the head for being so book smart yet so pigheaded when it came to emotions.
Lenore Kosinski
I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction b/c the language and settings make me have to think too much...sounds stupid right? Anyways, I think this had an effect on my rating of the book...just not for me as much. I did enjoy Noah and Elle, but was starting to get frustrated with Noah around the middle of the book. All and all enjoyable.
Becky
I like this book. It was an easy, romantic story. I read one of her other works and wasn't real impressed, but I liked this one. A cute love love story, predictable as all Romance Novels are. I will read more of her work.
Dianne
This is a fantastic book! The first book in the series. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend 'Tides of Love' to all readers who enjoy reading well written romance novels.
deb22luvsbooks
I have to say, this book drew me in....a beautiful historical romance. I loved watching Noah try to deny his feelings and stumble his way thru his notebooks! Great read!
Edie
This had an interesting storyline, but it kinda fell victim to my general dislike of historicals.
Kinda cranky with myself, as the characters were interesting...
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Late 1890s
He returns to home island
To brothers he left

She's loved him since child
But doesn't fit in his plans
Emotions run deep
Reenie
Story was a good story, characters were OKAY. Seemed like there was a lot of repeating in the book and a long time to get into the story.
Kathleen Crowell
I'm a sucker for leading man who wears spectacles! Wasn't bad--one of the better freebies!
Danielle
I enjoyed this a lot. Good beach read.
Rebecca H
Rebecca H marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
  • When the Heart Falls
  • A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Lucien's Fall
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Simon's Lady
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • To Seduce an Earl (Seduction, #1)
  • Love from the Ashes
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Intimate Strangers
  • With this Kiss
  • My Lord Raven (The Ravensmoor Saga #1)
  • Wildblossom
  • Say You Love Me
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
Check out the new release of her novels on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords in November 2011!
***
Tides of Passion
National Reader's Choice~Best Long Historical
Beacon Award~Best Historical
HOLT Medallion Finalist~Best Historical
***
Tracy’s story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencer’s Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she d...more
More about Tracy Sumner...
To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1) To Desire a Scoundrel (Southern Heat, #2) Tides Of Passion Carolina Rose Christmas Kisses