Start by marking “Who's the Boss?” as Want to Read:
Who's the Boss?

Who's the Boss?

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  204 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
CAITLIN TAYLOR

Having inherited nothing but a stack of bills and - horrors - an office job, Caitlin was suddenly a poor little rich girl. Worse, her new boss was temptingly gorgeous, but needed a major attitude adjustment.. He seemed to think she was some sort of airhead, just because she didn't know her way around a filing cabinet.

VS. JOE BROWNLEY

There was nothing Joe need
Paperback, Harlequin Temptation #742, 217 pages
Published August 1st 1999 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Who's the Boss?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who's the Boss?

Saly
What an adorable and charming book. The heroine is such a sweetie, who is shocked to find herself broke after a lifetime of never worrying about money.
Her father is dead and she is hurting because though she was never close to him, she loved him and he seems to have left something to everybody but not her, to her he has left a job.

The hero is computer programmer who lives his job and his happy that his mentor, the heroine's father left him the company and shocked to find the heroine on his door-
Aimee
Jan 14, 2016 Aimee rated it liked it
Jill Shalvis is one of those authors that I buy their books without looking at the description. While this isn't terrible, it did leave me feeling I wanted one of her other books. I didn't care too much for Caitlin. While she is the spoiled child, she isn't a brat. She just doesn't concern herself on things such as, paying for her apartment, car, or whatever even when she had a monthly allowance from her father to do these things. She's sweet, a bit shy and pretty smart. Which is great. I didn't ...more
Petra Grayson
Aug 09, 2013 Petra Grayson rated it really liked it
I needed a break from the current books, so I went old-school again. This book was written in 1999. It was a good example of old-school romance. A Harlequin Temptation, so the sex is pretty mild. The story had some signature Jill Shalvis plot points: nice, misunderstood characters who grow up and learn to communicate, good friends who act as wonderful sidekicks, not quite a much humor as some of her later works, but lots of crazy mishaps too.

Caitlyn is a petite, blonde, bombshell and Joe is the
LLCSpokane
Jun 14, 2011 LLCSpokane rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
This a very entertaining read. The characters are all very likeable and charming and fun.
Mary
Feb 16, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorites
Dixie-lee Campbell
Mar 12, 2016 Dixie-lee Campbell rated it it was amazing
Glad I happened to come across one of Jill Shalvis' first Harlequin Temptation book (1999) - it was funny, romantic and emotional. This actually is the first HQ Temptation book I have read also. Once I started reading, I had to finish it. If you come across it, don't pass it by - & enjoy it too. !
Daimarelys
Feb 16, 2016 Daimarelys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny

Funny as always. I finish the book in one day.
I love all of Jill Shalvis books , they are great, funny and hard to put down.
Melissa Spears
Jul 13, 2015 Melissa Spears rated it it was amazing
Cute summer read! Caitlyn and Joe both need to learn to let someone in so they are not alone.
Mia
May 08, 2014 Mia rated it it was amazing
Loved this book :)
Liz Balaam
Jan 16, 2014 Liz Balaam rated it liked it
After reading quite a serious non fiction book I wanted something light hearted and easy to read. And that is exactly what this is. A predictable little love story that doesn't take much concentration.
Tasha
May 11, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This was an older book (I was still about 14 when this book came out) but I enjoyed it all that much more
Stella
Dec 01, 2014 Stella rated it did not like it
DNF at 52%. Just bored.
Liska De Freitas
Dec 29, 2011 Liska De Freitas rated it liked it
3.5
Stasi Apple
Stasi Apple marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Sarah Burke
Sarah Burke rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Isla
Isla rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 13, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Lori Morse
Lori Morse rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Sarah Rosing
Sarah Rosing is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Isabella
Isabella rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Dani
Dani rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
LAmi
LAmi rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Tina Wideman
Tina Wideman rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Naomi Weintraub
Naomi Weintraub marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Shawn Hamdorf
Shawn Hamdorf marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • The Wedding Date
  • Indecent Suggestion
  • The Seduction Project
  • First Time Lucky?
  • The Boss's Inexperienced Secretary
  • A Very Stylish Affair
  • Who’s Holding the Baby? (Salvatore Brothers. #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Take on Me (Harlequin Blaze, #314)
  • Lying in Bed
  • A Reputation For Revenge (Princes Untamed, #2)
  • Men of Courage II (Men of Courage, #5; Stone/White, #1)
  • The Bedroom Business
  • A Little Bit Pregnant (Silhoutte Special Edition #1573)
  • All Bets Are On

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...