Start by marking “Food To Die For: Secrets From Kay Scarpetta's Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Food To Die For: Secrets From Kay Scarpetta's Kitchen

Food To Die For: Secrets From Kay Scarpetta's Kitchen

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  799 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The millions of fans who read Patricia Cornwell's bestsellers know that her popular character, Kay Scarpetta, loves to unwind in the kitchen. Book after book finds her tapping into her Italian heritage to create delicious meals for herself and her friends.Brimming with full-color photographs and inspired by dozens of food scenes in Kay's kitchen and favorite restaurants, F ...more
Published October 7th 2003 by Berkley Trade (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Food To Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food To Die For

Julie H.
I'm an avid Patricia Cornwell fan, and have always been impressed by her character Kay Scarpetta's ability to whip up delicious fare in the midst of turmoil at the office. This cookbook lists several recipes associated with 11 well-known entries in the Scarpetta series. Each is introduced with a set-up from the book, so the recipes are always tied back into the stories--as opposed to simply a series spinoff, variations on recipes are offered in box text, and there are 40 or so high-quality color ...more
Kathy Scantle
I can always count on Patricia Cornwell to whip up a light and fluffy novel. When I heard she wrote a cookbook based on food prepared in her Kay Scarpetta novels, I knew I would have to check this out. Kay Scarpetta is the starring character in several of Cornwell's novels. She is a brilliant medical examiner who solves crimes, catches the serial killer, and in general, saves the day. Cornwell does not leave any details out of her novels concerning the grisly murders, autopsies, etc. I was expec ...more
Edel
Everbright
The chocolate chip cookies recipe is worth the price of the entire book. Best I've ever had. My family loves them. I had a copy of this from years back and lost it, and took me forever to track down another just to get that recipe!
Trish
I picked this up at a library book sale and found a recipe for ravioli and can want to use my press that I found at an estate sale. The scene is set with a flashback to the part in whichever book the meal came from, making me go and start reading them all over again. The recipes are fantastic, easy to make, and taste great. Next time Kay Scarpetta whips up some of her fabulous pasta, I'll know just how good it is!
Carol
Mouth watering pictures and excerpts from these great murder mystery books, but I doubt I will ever make any of recipes. Fun to look through for ideas, though.
Denise Degregorio
I cook several of these dishes. Love this cook book
Lyna
really enjoy the recipes!
Tien
Disclaimer: I'm not a huge cook but I do like to cook sometimes & I am a Kay Scarpetta fan.

I love how this book explores the food in the series and gives me a chance to appreciate all the yummy description of what Kay Scarpetta enjoys as comfort food.

Whilst I find most recipes looks a little bit more complicated (ie. requires more effort on my part than I'd like to) there are at least half a dozen recipes I'd like to try. And I've even baked 'Lucy's favourite chocolate chip surprise cookies'
Amber
I have followed the Kay Scarpetta's book series from it's beginning. I love the character of Scarpetta who is a Medical Examiner/Pathologist/Criminologist.
This book contains many of the recipes written about in the books. I loved reading the author's information about where the recipes came from, and great ways to serve them...
If you love Italian cooking, I recommend this book!
(Ok I admit that many of the recipes are more time consuming than I am willing to spend, but it's fun to dream.)
Karla
Fabulous recipes in here. If you love Italian food, must try. Dan and I used to have every Thursday be "Italian Night"....we would try out a new recipe every Thursday with a bottle of wine. This was before the kids schedules became a priority of course..........maybe someday it will get back to that???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ho hum............
Helen
not read so much as cooked from!! Her recipes are definitely to die for & fairly easy to do as I'm a bit useless in the kitchen. If you want to do something a little different that sounds & looks posh & tastes delicious than this is the book for you!
Betty May
This is wonderful. In addition to being a forensic expert, Kay Scarpetta is a great Italian cook - this is mentioned in the novels. When I saw this cookbook, it was a must have. 'fun because of the novels, but great recipes, too.
Gina
Best recipes ever!
Jean Christofferson
Some of the recipes are good, but there aren't many "unique" recipes in here. She makes everything from scratch, so for those of us who are convenience cooks, it's probably not high on the list.
Fun addition to the Scarpetta books. Tried a few of the recipes and I must say "pretty darn good." I also like that the recipes are categorized under the book they originated from.
Lisa
My aunt bought me this book for Christmas. I keep it on my kitchen counter and have made many recipes. I love the grilled pizza the best!
Allison
This is a cookbook, but a really good one. I have made a few of the recipes a few times now and they are becoming fast favorites.
Afloridagal
I don't recall any other author doing this for their series. I think Evanovich should for Plum series :)
Jeanie Harper
Haven't tried the receipes but they certainly sound delicious.

They are included in most of her books.

Elizabeth C L
Mar 14, 2011 Elizabeth C L marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
Her recipes make my mouth water while I read the novels, I would love to have this cookbook!
Suzie
I love her Kay Scarpetta books and now I can cook what I've been reading about in her stories.
Kimber
Oct 15, 2009 Kimber added it
I like how each recipie is tied to a scene and the characters in one of the books
Heather
this is a neat gift for anyone who really loves the scarpetta series
Alicia Wozniak
Haven't prepared anything from it yet, but I had to have it.
Christine
recipes are easy to follow and are delicious.
Linda
I love Lucy's Chocolate Chip Cookie Surprise.
Amanda Robinson
Basically just a recipe book.
Lydia Zamacona
The lasagna recipe is delicious.
Cheryl S.
interesting Italian recipes
  • The Complete Patricia Cornwell Companion
  • The Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit
  • The Herbfarm Cookbook
  • The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book: Protect Yourself and Your Family from Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies � and More
  • Oldman's Guide to Outsmarting Wine: 108 Ingenious Shortcuts to Navigate the World of Wine with Confidence and Style
  • From Julia Child's Kitchen
  • In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah's Favorite Recipes
  • The Year of Eating Dangerously: A Global Adventure in Search of Culinary Extremes
  • High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton
  • Keys to Good Cooking: A Guide to Making the Best of Foods and Recipes
  • The Heinie Prize (Rotten School, #6)
  • Lidia's Italy
  • Hard Call: Great Decisions and the Extraordinary People Who Made Them
  • The Italian Baker
  • Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook: Recipes Inspired by Dr. Seuss
  • Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Italian: Recipes from the New and Old Worlds, Simplified for the American Kitchen
Patricia Cornwell sold her first novel, Postmortem, while working as a computer analyst at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond, Virginia. At her first signing, held during a lunch break from the morgue, Patricia sold no copies of Postmortem and fielded exactly one question – an elderly woman asked her where she could find the cookbooks.

Postmortem would go on to win the Edgar, Cre
More about Patricia Cornwell...
Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) Cruel & Unusual (Kay Scarpetta, #4) The Body Farm (Kay Scarpetta, #5) Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta, #2) Point of Origin (Kay Scarpetta, #9)