Start by marking “Geliebter Schuft” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Geliebter Schuft

Jane Feather

Geliebter Schuft (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  890 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Constance Duncan may be the eldest of three sisters, but she has more important things on her mind than finding a husband, for herself, at any rate. Through the Personals services of her popular newspaper, The Mayfair Lady, Constance connects lonely hearts. But her own heart lies in her work, and nothing will distract her from it, until she finds herself irresistibly drawn ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Geliebter Schuft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geliebter Schuft

Vina Raintree
membosankan.. hahaha
bener-bener gag kuat baca

masa 3 bersaudara cewe, cantik-cantik, semuanya memutuskan untuk menghilangkan keperawanannya di usia muda...
dan yes, di critanya semua udh gag virgin,,
wkwkwk

give up smpe halaman 187, langsung tidur
Marian
Constance Duncan may be the eldest of three sisters, but she has more important things on her mind than finding a husband--for herself, at any rate. Through the Personals services of her popular newspaper, The Mayfair Lady, Constance connects lonely hearts. But her own heart lies in her work, and nothing will distract her from it--until she finds herself irresistibly drawn to a man of disastrously different views. Max Ensor is a politician whose out-moded attitudes outrage her--even as his power ...more
Julie
I went on a Jane Feather reading kick at one point and now I have a hard time remembering which ones I read. I remember liking them, but I also remember that after a few books, they're pretty much the same book but with different characters - and in the case of the series, the characters aren't even significantly different. Therefore, they aren't memorable enough to remember details. But I did read them and like them. I'd say if you're looking for a romance to read by the pool or on the beach, t ...more
Titis Wardhana
Jadi ceritanya ada 3 bersaudara Constance, Prudence, Chastity yang bikin koran gosip kalangan atas gitu. Tapi isinya juga ada politik, kebetulan mereka bertiga ini pendukung supaya wanita diberi hak pilih. Terus, mereka ketemu Max, anggota parlemen yang anti sama kesetaraan hak antara pria dan wanita. Meskipun begitu, hubungan Max sama Constance jadi deket meskipun hanya sebatas hubungan fisik hahaha (you know lah. Berantem terus tapi akhirnya ya balik2 juga.

gw baru nyadar kalo baca buku ini du
Judith
Too much about the food, too much sex, not enough romance. Lust has to be grounded in reality when reading a historical novel - women of that era were just too indoctrinated against just having sex for fun. In this novel it felt distracting and unrealistic. I liked the concept of this novel but the women, instead of being "smart" just came off frivolous, being more concerned about their sweet tooth than about women's rights.
Mahareni Maldini
Belum 100 halaman udah nyerah euy! Ternyata critanya emank gak menarik kayak sinopsisnya. Yeaaaahhh...ato mungkin daku yg gak berselera ama HR yg ada politik2nya ato emansipasi wanita, dan lain lain, dan lain lain.

Kok malah bagusan Widow's Kiss ya daripada buku ini?
Sherry
This is one of the better Jane Feather books. I enjoyed seeing the male chauvenist become reasonable even if the love was somewhat unbelievable. It certainly ended with making me want to read the next one.
Oky Septya
Awalnya aku pikir buku ini jenis HisRom yang tumben nggak mengangkat kisah bangsawan. Lihat aja Tokohnya: Max Ensor, seorang politisi. Constance Duncan, seorang feminis yang menerbitkan surat kabar untuk memperjuangkan hak-hak wanita.

Tapi rupanya mereka memang bangsawan kok. Cuma bukan bangsawan kelas atas dengan gelar mentereng macam Duke, Marquiss, Viscount, dst.

Tokohnya lebih ke bangsawan biasa dan keluarga terhormat soalnya jarang disebut embel2 lord/lady dan gelar lainnya. Si Ensor gelarny
Gerrie
This is my first book by this author. It's terrific in so many ways. The story takes place in 1906 Edwardian England, and is the first in a series about three sisters. Constance, the heroine and eldest sister, is a suffragette. She is mature, fiercely intelligent, and passionate about her cause. Max, the hero, is an up and coming member of Parliament, as well as a member of the inner circle of the Prime Minister. Max, like the PM, is opposed to granting women the vote, and they are looking for w ...more
Elle
A new trilogy dealing with three bluestocking, suffragist sisters.

Setting: Edwardian England.

Heroine: Constance (Con) Duncan, the eldest of three sisters. Their mother was an intellectually independent woman, who died some years ago. Shortly after, their father began blowing the family's money, and he's just not willing to face facts. So while he's merrily spending away, the three sisters are at wit's end trying to find ways to recoup the losses. One thing they have going is a newspaper that t
Amanda Sheila
Lumayan bagus, sedikit membingungkan tapi menyenangkan.

Constance setengah mati membela hak-hak wanita. Meskipun itu artinya dia harus membuat koran ilegal yang mengecam pemerintah dan mengancam nama baik keluarganya. Dan niatnya itu semakin menggebu saat dia bertemu Max, seorang politisi yang enggan mendukung hak-hak wanita. Malah, Max berniat mempengaruhi Con agar berhenti membuat koran dan menjadi wanita pada umumnya. Tanpa Max sadari, Con berniat untuk merayunya agar memberikan suara..

Sudah
Tishke
I truly loved this book. Constance is a strong-minded feminist, and Max is pretty realistic for a traditional Parliamentarian of his era: the early 1900s. The three sisters are suffragists, and after the passing of their mother are keeping their family finances in order by publishing Mayfair Lady anonymously. The Mayfair Lady is a newsletter originally published and offered for free by their mother about the suffragist movement. The sisters have included an advise column and society gossip to in ...more
Lin Stepp
This is the first book in a series about the Duncan sisters - this one featuring Constance Duncan. The sisters' mother, a remarkable blue-stocking and very intelligent woman, has died ... and the three sisters find themselves struggling to make ends meet, as their father handles finances in a very poor way. Scrambling for money, the sisters write a newspaper, The Mayfair Lady, get involved in a matchmaking service, dabble in politics, and support the rising women's movement of the time. In areas ...more
Gay N
I enjoyed this book so much, I read the next two in the series. Three sisters write an underground newspaper, "Mayfair Lady." They also start a business, "Go Between." They are secretly financially supporting a widowed father. I've love to read all three books again.
Barbara Woodford
I like reading a series and this was certainly worth continuing the series. The two characters who seemed like oil and water were interesting to watch. It was also satisfying to see the father finally realize his financial situation. His daughters were very loyal and devoted to their father.
EB
I don't even think I hated this book, I just didn't fucking care. Neither party is particularly likable or loathsome. But it's the most ill-conceived and poorly thoughtout coupling I've read in a while. Not to mention there's zero spark between them.

Lilyth
Interessante per ambientazione e argomento trattato, il voto alle donne ma purtroppo non ho trovato nulla di romantico nei protagonisti e nella loro storia d'amore.
February Four
I liked the sisters and thought this was entertaining. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Gail
: The first in a new, late Victorian trilogy. Three sisters, raised by their suffragette-type mother, are trying to keep body and soul together and keep their father, who is some sort of nobility, but I can’t find out what, from discovering just how nearly impoverished they are. They make their money by publishing a gossip sheet for money, and by running a “go-between” matchmaking service. The eldest attracts the attention of a Member of Parliament and they have a rather stormy courtship. Good r ...more
Barbara Woodford
I believe I already rated this book.
Tantri Setyorini
Nah, yang ini meskipun HR british, sama seperti seratusan HR lain yang aku baca, tapi settingnya agak beda. Nggak tahu setting-nya tahun berapa tapi di sini sudah mulai marak gerakan yang mendukung emansipasi wanita dalam politik. Sudah ada mobil dan anggota House of Lords nggak didominasi bangsawan lagi. Mungkin ini termasuk steampunk kali ya. Critanya bagus sih. Aku suka perdebatan intelektual antara Constance dan Max (yang selalu ada setiap mereka bertemu), tapi HR tanpa virgin heroine kok ra ...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Con, seorang debutan yang sudah cukup diambang garis umur pernikahan, memiliki karakter yang berkemauan keras, feminimisme, pandai melobi orang dan sayang kepada adik-adiknya.

karakter Con berbeda dari tokoh-tokoh wanita yang sering gw baca. menurut gw terlalu luas pemikiran Con sebagai wanita, dimana mengorbankan keperawanannya karena berpikir tidak akan menikah. Aneh tapi mungkin banyak yang seperti itu.

Lucu pertengkaran Max dan Con ketika pemikiran mereka berbeda antara 1 hal
Roshpinna
I like Constance the best...
Naira
Different time period, women's rights movement. Definitely an interesting, yet good choice. Constance was an intriquing character, but I still hoped to see more. Not as funny as to be expected based on the title. The romantic development is slow, but that's not a disadvantage. Finally, no love at first sight. That tends to get exasperating after a while.
Cecilyn
Easy read...liked the interaction between the sisters and their individual personalities. It was nice to read a romance with a slightly different plot than then normal. The main character's personality was pretty forward thinking, and I appreciated that as well. Will read the next one!
Rebecca Huston
First and best of the series, with some unusual elements not found in most HR's. Heroine is not a virgin, late Victorian setting, and some real maturity among the characters.

For the complete review, please go here:
Kathy
I liked a) they were true to their time b) it raised the issue of women's rights and c) they didn't fall into lust w/ each other and get married within the first week of meeting each other. It ended somewhat abruptly but overall was an enjoyable light read.
Keri
This book was just ok for me. It wasn't up to JF's usually smooth writing. I really never warmed up to Constance or Max and even in the end it felt that they were too at odds to really acheive happiness or still trying to one up one another.
Ashley
An interesting tale of women's suffrage and a trio of sister looking to save their father from debt while helping others to be happy. Not an all time favorite, but the hero and heroin have strong personalities and a steamy romance.
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • Impetuous Innocent (Regencies #3)
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
  • One Little Sin (MacLachlan Family, #2)
  • The Marriage Wager (The Matchmakers #1)
  • I Thee Wed
  • My Fair Temptress (Governess Brides, #7)
  • The Devil's Web (Web, #3)
  • Almost a Princess
  • A Groom of One's Own (The Writing Girls, #1)
  • Rule's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #3)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...

Matchmaker Duncan Sisters (3 books)
  • The Bride Hunt (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #2)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2) The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2) Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1) The Least Likely Bride (Bride, #3) A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)