Start by marking “The Perfect Guy” as Want to Read:

The Perfect Guy

When Rebecca's mother marries Pres's father, Rebecca is sure that living in the same house with the guy of her dreams will turn her new step-brother into her new love. Even though her best friend, Celeste, warns her to face reality, Rebecca doesn't listen. She thinks Pres is the perfect guy for her! But Celeste's brother, Josh, has been friends with Pres for years, and Cel ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Hard Shell Word Factory (first published March 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Guy

Sarika Patkotwar
Feb 19, 2013 Sarika Patkotwar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of The Perfect Guy from author Ann Herrick in exchange for an honest review. We thank Ann for the book!

The Perfect Guy was an extremely cute and jolly read that I completely relished. It is the kind of story that has a feel good effect that doesn't just come at the end but starts at the beginning, continues throughout and lasts until the very end.
An absolutely lovely story of two brother and sister duos who also happen to be best friends, The Perfect G
Beth
What happens when your mother marries The Perfect Guy’s father. You become his step sister, live in the same house and even share a bathroom.

For a while now, Rebecca has been dreaming of Pres, a senior at her school, but now that her mom has married Pres's dad he sees her as a kid sister. Even her best friend Celeste tries to discourage her from her obsession with Pres. But Rebecca is sure she can win Pres over, all she needs is time and now that they live together, they have plenty of time.

Pre
P.A. Warren
Apr 10, 2013 P.A. Warren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is probrably never a good idea to fall in love with a guy that is soon to be your step brother.Or have a mother who falls in love with a man whose son happens to be the guy you are crushing on.The Perfect Guy was a super cute read.I loved the main characters and the secondary characters.Celeste is so focused on one thing that she misses what has been right in front of her the whole time.Its real.That's what I love about it.I think many many teenage girls need to read this!This is definitely a ...more
Jess Mountifield
Originally posted on my blog on December 13th 2013

I want to start by saying that I'm not hugely fond of this cover and I think it's where the book lets itself down the most. Unfortunately it wouldn't have made me buy it, but it could be worse. The guy is rather cute though.

For the YA genre the characters are spot on and I could imagine myself being just like Rebecca when I was that age (I too had a step-brother). My only niggle was I thought Rebecca forgave a little too quickly. I won't say who
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
This was a fun short read.It's witty,well written,fast paced and full of fun characters.My favorite character was Josh.... He was the all time hottie in this book.Loved how he went out of his way for Rebecca and the little things he did just to be with her.

Rebecca has fallen in love with her "Perfect Guy".... Pres..(Prescott Nelson)
In her eyes he is the perfect guy. She has set her standards high and she will do whatever it takes to win his love.

Problem #1... is he is going to be her step-br
Ann♥♪♪♪♪
Two reviews for the price of one: I read The Perfect Guy last summer, as did a sib of mine, and we both enjoyed it! It's the first Ann Herrick book we'd read. Loved the romance. Rebecca, the main female character, had to figure out how she felt about the different guys in the book. Really like that both guys are nice, good, and handsome. That works well because then she has two great guys to decide whom she likes best.
Favorite character award goes to: Josh - he's very cool and fun. Love reading
Jenn

Very cute, fast paced, short, clean read. This story sucked me in right away. I appreciated how clean the story line was. I loved the 4 main friends/sibling pairs. The secondary characters were in this just as much as the leading lady, Rebecca. They added to the story nicely and they made you want to know them a little more.

Rebecca is a play writer, who's a sophomore in high school. Her mom is marrying her dream guys father. Pretty soon her and Pres will become one big happy family. Pr
Tami
Apr 14, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
Prescott Nelson is the perfect guy. He's president of the school council, an athlete, a talented singer, and absolutely gorgeous. Tomorrow, after the wedding, everything was going to be even more perfect. Rebecca would be living in the same house as Prescott Nelson. Soon they'll be madly in love. What could be more perfect?

Problem. The marriage ceremony is for Rebecca's mother and Prescott's father. Prescott is now going to be Rebecca's stepsister. I just don't see how this is going to work out
Loverlypurple
May 26, 2013 Loverlypurple rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a super sweet YA romance story. I love books that are written in first person. This story is told from the perspective of Rebecca who is in high school. I was pulled into the story right from the beginning and loved watching the story unfold. I have read a few of Ann's books and all of the characters she writes are very easy to relate to. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Ruba Sabban
Jul 29, 2013 Ruba Sabban rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read indeed
though i understood Rebecca's feelings and her not knowing much, i saw through the secrets and was waiting for the vail to left in front of her eyes.
i really enjoyed it because it was realistic like that could happen in real life actually i've seen it happen in real life.
i really hope there's a book 2 next because i'm already dreaming book 3 and 4
Mandy
Feb 15, 2015 Mandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one as much as the others but I loved it! Sometimes we stare at one person or thing so long we don't notice what has been there all along and this was that kind of story and I am happy it turned out the way it did!
Chasisty
Dec 16, 2011 Chasisty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books.
Betty Jo
Jan 23, 2016 Betty Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great YA read. I was fascinated by the story and how skillfully Ann wove in so many important issues without making them seem preachy. She has a good grasp of teens today.
Rachel
Apr 04, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfectly adorable YA Read:)
Tia
Feb 26, 2013 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay but if it was up to me, I wouldn't of been so forgiving to Celeste. I would of kicked her ass. She betrayed her friend, no matter what the novel says. Disgusting!
Virgy
Oct 04, 2016 Virgy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i will realy love this book i will take some advice and i will enjoy it
Tammy
Jan 08, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorite books from my childhood. The story was cute, took a nice turn, and makes you fall in love with Josh :-)
Katie Fitzgerald
The Perfect Guy is a new edition of a young adult romance novel previously published in 1989 and again in 2005. Like Twisted Window by Lois Duncan and Fog by Caroline Cooney, this book has apparently been modernized from its original form in the hopes of reaching a new, 21st century teen audience. The main character of the story is Rebecca, whose mother has just remarried to the father of Rebecca's crush, Pres. Rebecca is naively convinced that this new family dynamic is sure to cause Pres to fi ...more
Ann Herrick
Feb 05, 2013 Ann Herrick rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Now available as an ebook and in paperback!

AWARDS:

International Reading Association/Children's Book Council Readers Choice Award
Young Adult Library Services Association Quick Pick for Reluctant YA Readers

REVIEWS:

"...it is delightful to trace the twists and turns of the plot. ...The author maintains a fast pace and brings off natural-sounding dialogue; overall, this novel is good entertainment."
--Publishers Weekly

"...close attention to plot and character development have produced a believable sto
axola
Apr 15, 2013 axola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

The book was ok, a light read but utterly forgettable. You know, the kind of book you read once and forget about it quickly enough.

Josh was the only character I really liked. He was sweet and charming, plus I liked how he worked to make Rebecca pay him attention. It was great to have him around, especially because Press wasn't very interesting and Rebecca was a little too naive and self centered.

However the character I really disliked in this story was Celeste. Even though it was clea
Karla
Feb 07, 2013 Karla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. I really enjoyed Josh's character but at times Rebecca got on my nerves with all her daydreaming and the bestfriend didn't feel like a bestfriend but a frienemy. I'd say if you like a happy read then this will work.
Emma
Mar 06, 2013 Emma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hopeless pining the-entire-book.
Alyssa
Feb 07, 2013 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
review to come
Christine
3.5 stars! I enjoyed the story but would recommend to a younger audience. Very PG. Josh was my favorite character.
Maggi
Maggi rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Anna Renee
Anna Renee rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Isha0307
Isha0307 rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Freewill (Freewill, #1)
  • Centaur Rivalry (Touched, #3)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Storm Born
  • John Dreamer
  • Death Wish (Ceruleans, #1)
  • Princess Rose and the Crystal Castle
  • Amalgam: Expanded Edition (The Valaran Chronicles, #1)
  • Red Planet Pioneer: Modulus of Resilience
  • Leah and the Jackhammer
  • Steam and Sensibility (Sensibility Grey #1)
  • My Life Untold
  • Voluspa: A Magical World
  • Dragon Fae (The World of Fae, #5)
  • Deviate (The Light Key Trilogy, #2)
  • Kiss Me Hello
  • Hunted (Talented Saga, #3)
  • Empyreal Fate
Books by Ann Herrick:
Boss of the Whole Sixth Grade
My Bad Boy Summer
Someone Like Him
The Next Great Rock Star!
Also Known as Lard Butt
The Farewell Season
My Fake Summer Boyfriend
Life, Love, and Surviving High School
All's Fair in Love and Words
Hey, Nobody's Perfect
How to Survive a Summer Romance (Or Two)
Someone Like Him
Snowed In Together
The Real Me
Trading Faces

Ann Herrick is the author
More about Ann Herrick...