Start by marking “Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?” as Want to Read:
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?

Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  908 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Kanga wants to make cookies, but someone has eaten all the cookie dough.Who could it be? Join in the fun and find out! This rollicking whodunit begs to be read aloud. The refrain will remind teachers and kids of the preschool game Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar, making Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? a perfect story-time choice in conjunction with the popular class ...more
Published May 27th 2008 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

June
Nov 14, 2014 June rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: animal and rhyme requests
Recommended to June by: Lizzie and Ruth
This feels like it would be a great story time book. Kanga goes around asking all the animals "Who ate all the cookie dough?" Nice repetition and rhyme and a surprise ending. Will try to remember to try it this fall.

Used in PJ Story Time and they loved identifying the animals, we had to go back to check out the ending.
Heidi
A good choice for a toddler storytime with its repetition, animals to point out, guesses to make, and a fun surprise for the end. The illustrations of the animals are really good, too. The story/book reminds me a bit of the "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar."

6/22/16 & 6/23/16 Overall the book went well. It worked to have it as the last, since the repetitiveness slightly calmed the at the edge of their limit toddler crowd. And they all loved the little joey being the guilty party (wh
Melissa
Apr 07, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough is a good book for young readers. It lets the readers open up their imagination and follow along with the kangaroo as she tries to find out who ate all her cookie dough. This would be a good book for young readers because it would be fun for them since the different animal characters come to life and interact with each other. Also, it is an easy read so it would also be beneficial for beginners.
This book is a mystery book for young children. The main character, the
midnightfaerie
Sep 26, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A cute story that kept both my 5 yr old and 3 yr old twins engaged. Mother kangaroo is wondering who ate all the cookie dough and goes around asking all the animals, which are done in adorable illustrations. The surprise ending even had me guessing. Barely enough words to make a level 1 reading book, but still a fun read.
Marina Barajas
Written by Karen Beaumont, with whimsical illustrations by Eugene Yelchin, "Who Ate All the Cookie Dough" is an amazing read for early readers. Throughout the books, readers are able to follow along as the kangaroo goes around, investigating who ate all the cookie dough. This book will allow students to see how the animals interact with one another, and the verbal repetition allows the young readers to follow along.
This picture book opens children up to the mystery genre. The young kangaroo has
Hailey
Apr 08, 2016 Hailey rated it liked it
"Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?" is a fun picture book for young readers. It takes them on a journey of figuring out who ate the cookie dough. Every page has a new animal that is questioned and makes the reader engaged. At the end it goes back to the baby kangaroo who ate the cookie dough and provides a little comedy to the ending.

I personally thought this story was a great mystery book for very young readers. It is something that children as young as a toddler can enjoy. It makes the reader get
Renate Robey
It is a rhyming book with a fun chant and rhythm - make sure to pause after "do your know" before saying who ate all the cookie dough? Teach it to the children so they can read along. You could have half the class say "Do you Know- who ate all the cookie dough" and the other half of the class do "it wasn't me, maybe (fill in the blank), let's go see.
The book promotes vocabulary and phonological awareness. Many animal names are introduced, including cheetah, zebra and llama. There is a surprise e
Tiffany Pitts
Jul 16, 2013 Tiffany Pitts rated it liked it
Eeny meeny miney moe! Who ate all the cookie dough? Kanga an her friends are on a hunt to solve this cookie mystery. As clues unfold we are introduced to friends that helps us come closer to the cookie dough bandit.

The author uses rhyme, rhythm and repetition as the primary craft of writing the story. He implements these concepts well by using sentences that play to the ear that engages young readers. Also, repetition was effectively used in that it allowed novice readers to predict sentence an
Catherine Austen
Jun 13, 2014 Catherine Austen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Oh my gosh, I love these critters. The cheetah is especially adorable. All the animals are gorgeous and so expressive. I love the use of the page. A great picture book for young kids. Sparse pictures and wording work so well together to draw attention to what matters. The rhyme is easy to read, nice repetition, gets the young ones reading along. Very sweet and fun with a surprise ending. Loved it.
Kristy
Dec 08, 2014 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-books
I liked Who Ate All the Cookie Dough because it got the kiddos thinking. Every few pages, I would ask the crowd who they thought took the cookie dough, and the kids had fun giving their answer and explaining why. I haven't had a kid guess correctly yet, even though there is a hint on the cover!

Good for Pre-K and K storytime.
Amanda
Feb 03, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, poetry
This book would be great for the young students. The book turns into a fun game of discovering who are the cookie dough. This book would be a great 'make your own prediction' book. The surprising ending would be great to show students that some stories have an unexpected turn of events.
i read this book multiple times to a kindergarten er, and a one-year-old today, and once with a third grader. They all enjoyed the book. We made the sounds the animals make. They were all surprised by the ending. It is a really good book to read with children. I asked them all if they like cookies and if they ate the cookie dough. We could follow this book by playing who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.

Interest Level
Grades K - 2

2 Awards
Emily
Feb 09, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
This is a fun and appealing book for all ages. The author takes readers through many different animals to ask them who ate all the cookie dough. It allows readers to introduce new animals and make animal noises. This is a great book for a read aloud as well.
Shelley
May 02, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it
When I read this book to myself, I did not see the appeal. But, I just read it aloud for story break and it had them engrossed, especially the kid who was all surly thru most of the story time. Plan on using it again!

Story break 4/24/2014
Preschool April 30 and May 1, 2014
Rima Aroutiounian
May 27, 2014 Rima Aroutiounian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1
"Who ate all the Cookie Dough?" does not have lot of writing and every word rhymes. This book is great for toddlers and babies. Its fun, it has repitition for building vocabulary.
Shayla.boyle
Nov 30, 2012 Shayla.boyle rated it liked it
This is a fun, creative book that provides the reader the ability and opportunity to predict what will happen in the story. The book is constantly asking the question in relation to who ate the cookie dough, and it is asked to many different animal characters within the book. Therefore, it can be used in a lesson with a focus on animals but can also be included in a lesson that addresses honesty (in a milder tone). As you read this to a child you can tie in the importance of answering questions ...more
Jenn Swanson
Jul 24, 2016 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
This book would be perfect to read to younger children because the illustrations are adorable and the story is full of repetition. Overall an adorable book.
Megan Miller
Feb 08, 2015 Megan Miller rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, rhyming
I think this is a good book for younger children (pre-K- 2nd grade. It lists a lot of animals with the sounds they make, and rhyming is a theme throughout.
Lizzie
Aug 05, 2014 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
This killed at PK storytime. KILLED.
I really loved reading this dialogue driven book outloud. The surprise at the end was such a kid friendly twist.
Becca
Sep 04, 2015 Becca added it
Shelves: storytime
good for repetition and getting everyone involved in asking "who ate all the cookie dough?" The surprise at the end is a great crowd pleaser.
Veronica
Jul 09, 2016 Veronica rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-books
Jackie
A rhyming story, short & simple for storytime, to guess who ate all the cookie dough. Kids will have fun imagining who did it.
Carol Scrimgeour
Feb 09, 2016 Carol Scrimgeour rated it really liked it
Fun book for preschool and kindergarten. Pair with the song, Who Stole the Cookies?
Stacy Natal
Cute repetition, rhyme book for a preschool or kindergarten read aloud
Nichole
This was read at Baby Story Time at our local library. Cute story and illustrations.
Tracy Morton
Feb 03, 2016 Tracy Morton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Really cute. Not a lot of text. Rhyming. A lot of animals.
Brooke
Apr 14, 2016 Brooke rated it really liked it
This is a very good sing along book for storytimes!
Stefanie Kellum
May 16, 2014 Stefanie Kellum rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Totes adorbs and perfect for storytime! ;)
Anne
Aug 06, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Very funny! My 4 y.o. loves this book!
Joyce Himmel
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • Jingle-Jingle
  • Dancing Feet!
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Jump!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Hi, Pizza Man!
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Snip Snap! What's That?
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting