Start by marking “Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?” as Want to Read:
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?

Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  531 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Kanga wants to make cookies, but someone has eaten all the cookie dough.Who could it be? Join in the fun and find out! This rollicking whodunit begs to be read aloud. The refrain will remind teachers and kids of the preschool game Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar, making Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? a perfect story-time choice in conjunction with the popular class ...more
Published May 27th 2008 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Pete the Cat by Eric LitwinBark, George by Jules FeifferThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleFrom Head to Toe by Eric Carle
How to rock toddler storytime
48th out of 289 books — 131 voters
Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Turtle Wish by Murielle CyrBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Toddlers Ages 1-3
22nd out of 148 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

June
Nov 14, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: animal and rhyme requests
Recommended to June by: Lizzie and Ruth
This feels like it would be a great story time book. Kanga goes around asking all the animals "Who ate all the cookie dough?" Nice repetition and rhyme and a surprise ending. Will try to remember to try it this fall.

Used in PJ Story Time and they loved identifying the animals, we had to go back to check out the ending.
midnightfaerie
A cute story that kept both my 5 yr old and 3 yr old twins engaged. Mother kangaroo is wondering who ate all the cookie dough and goes around asking all the animals, which are done in adorable illustrations. The surprise ending even had me guessing. Barely enough words to make a level 1 reading book, but still a fun read.
Tiffany Pitts
Eeny meeny miney moe! Who ate all the cookie dough? Kanga an her friends are on a hunt to solve this cookie mystery. As clues unfold we are introduced to friends that helps us come closer to the cookie dough bandit.

The author uses rhyme, rhythm and repetition as the primary craft of writing the story. He implements these concepts well by using sentences that play to the ear that engages young readers. Also, repetition was effectively used in that it allowed novice readers to predict sentence an
Catherine Austen
Oh my gosh, I love these critters. The cheetah is especially adorable. All the animals are gorgeous and so expressive. I love the use of the page. A great picture book for young kids. Sparse pictures and wording work so well together to draw attention to what matters. The rhyme is easy to read, nice repetition, gets the young ones reading along. Very sweet and fun with a surprise ending. Loved it.
Kristy
I liked Who Ate All the Cookie Dough because it got the kiddos thinking. Every few pages, I would ask the crowd who they thought took the cookie dough, and the kids had fun giving their answer and explaining why. I haven't had a kid guess correctly yet, even though there is a hint on the cover!

Good for Pre-K and K storytime.
Shelley
When I read this book to myself, I did not see the appeal. But, I just read it aloud for story break and it had them engrossed, especially the kid who was all surly thru most of the story time. Plan on using it again!

Story break 4/24/2014
Preschool April 30 and May 1, 2014
Rima Aroutiounian
"Who ate all the Cookie Dough?" does not have lot of writing and every word rhymes. This book is great for toddlers and babies. Its fun, it has repitition for building vocabulary.
Shayla.boyle
This is a fun, creative book that provides the reader the ability and opportunity to predict what will happen in the story. The book is constantly asking the question in relation to who ate the cookie dough, and it is asked to many different animal characters within the book. Therefore, it can be used in a lesson with a focus on animals but can also be included in a lesson that addresses honesty (in a milder tone). As you read this to a child you can tie in the importance of answering questions ...more
Lizzie
This killed at PK storytime. KILLED.
I really loved reading this dialogue driven book outloud. The surprise at the end was such a kid friendly twist.
Stefanie
Totes adorbs and perfect for storytime! ;)
Anne
Very funny! My 4 y.o. loves this book!
Atena Oyadi
This is such a fun book! It has a great rhythm that you can take and improvise with - my daughter loves to play with the rhyme, substituting familiar names for the ones in the book. And the illustrations are very cool: stylized and fun, yet clearly based on real animals. One of my pet peeves in children's books is pictures of animals that are based more on animal concepts than actual animals. Good story, good drawing, good design. I like it.
Sandy Brehl
This simple book engages with repetitive phrasing, tightly rhymed verse, a compelling meter, and the direct invitation to the reader to try to help figure things out. Just as with Klassen's I Want My Hat Back, attention to visual detail (in Klassen's case, the eyes, in this case the apron) will yield a degree of success in the guesses.
Easily reread-able and likely to be a good choice for early independence in emerging readers.
Hannah Guerra
This cute picture book is good for students in pre-school and kindergarten. It is about a kangaroo who makes a large batch of cookie dough and then discovers i has all gone missing. She hunts all over the forest and asks all of the animals who ate all of her cookie dough. When none of them have eaten it, she finally discovers that it was baby kangaroo eating it in her pouch! This book has a theme of fun and not jumping to conclusions.
Amber
This book was really cute! I did not know what to expect when I picked it up off the shelf, but I ended up liking it. I am using it for my first Supported Reading Lesson Plan, because it is a predictable book and the children should be able to identify the beginning, the middle, and the end of the book pretty easily! It also, starts introducing the children into the genre of mysteries.
Scott Roark
Cute book that my kids love. Great for rhyming, sequencing and different animals portrayed. Possiblity for students to add onto the animals that didn't eat the cookie dough. The students could add new ryhmes to these animals as well. Teacher could make cards that have the different animals on them. Students would have to place the cards in order to retell the story.
Andrea
Cute baby animals being grilled by mama kangaroo on who ate the cookie dough. Little ones will like the repetition. It made me want to make up a batch of cookie dough for snacking.
Mary
This is a great rhyming story with lots of repetition for building phonological awareness in ECE level readers. They become involved in the story and try to figure out the ending along with the other characters. The surprise ending can help encourage a discussion about animals and things that make them unique. Such a fun read!
Shelby Usrey
This is a very cute book! It could be considered a predictable book because it gives the children a chance to predict who ate the cookie dough! It has a rhyme throughout the story that has a upbeat feeling to it! I enjoyed reading this book and I think the students in a classroom would enjoy this as well!
Rosemary
Nice surprise ending.
Mhm Storytelling
This book has very simple rhyming text. It could fit with zoo-animal theme or baking. There is some opportunity for engaging kids with the repeated phrase "Eeny meeny, miney, moe! Who ate all the cookie dough?" whether through repeat-after-me or discussion about who they think ate the cookie dough.
Celeste
This book is great. We first heard it at reading time at the library. This wonderful book goes through safari animals in search of the mysterious eater. You're lead to believe it was someone, when it was someone else. I guessed wrong but my two year knew from the first page! Great book!
Heidi
A good choice for a toddler storytime with its repetition, animals to point out, guesses to make, and a fun surprise for the end. The illustrations of the animals are really good, too. The story/book reminds me a bit of the "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar."
Jen
This is a very cute book where the reader needs to help Kanga solve the mystery of who ate all the cookie dough. I'm surprised my husband's or my boys' pictures weren't at the ending of this as they are always stealing the cookie dough when I make it!
Amanda
This book was definitely for younger readers. I liked the way the book rhymed and used repetition in a way that young children could predict and "read along". I didn't love the simplistic illustrations, although the large words and font were good.
Gwen the Librarian
Eeny, meeny, miney, moe! Who ate all the cookie dough? Kangaroo has an idea and goes all through jungle looking for the culprit. Zebra? Llama? Monkey? This rhyming book has a catchy rhythm and great illustrations. Perfect read-aloud.
Allison
What a fun style this author has! Like her other story that we recently enjoyed, the words follow a very entertaining predictable pattern, and Jordan has been able to repeat the rhythm and determine what's next. So very cute.
Kris
I really like Karen Beaumont's books for preschool read-alouds and I think this will be another favorite for storytime. The repetitive text lets kids chime in, the ending is cute, and who doesn't like cookie dough?
Paula
Although the main character is a kangaroo, it is not really about Australia but a fun story for story time with lots of animals.
Kanga and her friends try to discover who ate all of her cookie dough.
Jen H.
Another GREAT book by Karen Beaumont. Rhyming texts that asks the different animals- "Do you know who ate all the cookie dough?" great illustrations and kids will love this book!! Best to read with cookies :)
  • Clip-Clop
  • Monkey And Me
  • The Cow Loves Cookies
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Blue Goose
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Mouse Mess
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • Trashy Town
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
  • Hello Baby!
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Lots of Dots
  • Tiptoe Joe
I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! I Like Myself! Move Over, Rover! No Sleep for the Sheep! Where's My T-R-U-C-K?