Connecting (Lily Dale, #3)

Connecting (Lily Dale #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  661 ratings  ·  42 reviews

Now that Calla has accepted her ability to communicate with the Other Side, she’s desperate to connect with the one spirit whose energy she can’t seem to feel anywhere: her late mother. As ominous supernatural signs imply that the devastating loss might not have been an accident, Calla sets out to uncover the truth, convinced that a shadowy stranger may hold the key. But

Published November 25th 2008 by Walker Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Connecting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connecting

Dana
Calla, is still trying to get used to her ability. She experienced so much this year. Her boyfriend breaking up with her by text, her mom dying, going to live with her Gammy who lives in a spiritualist community then discovering she can see ghost and communicate with them. Only to find her first experience was to help find a dead girl and become the traget for the killer who she thwarted by finding his last victim before she died.

Not to mention to very hot guys she is learning to care about, how...more
Katy H
More Lily Dale entertainment! Seriously, between all the Lily Dale references I've seen on "Mysteries at the Museum" (yep, I'm a nerd) and these books, a visit to Lily Dale, NY is steadily moving higher up on my 'bucket list'. I also always enjoy Ms. Staub's Author's Notes. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because (despite a number of my earlier ratings here), I've decided a book has to be REALLY special/touching to earn "that elusive fifth star" (paraphrased line from a Frasier rer...more
Linda Munro
The third of four novels in the Lily Dale series. In her quest to learn if her visons of her mother's death are accurate, young Calla sets herself up for a true "near death' experience. Despite warnings from her boyfriend Jacy, a psychic child she babysits, her grandmother and others; Calla convinces Jacy to drive her to Geneseo to locate a statue of a giant bear and a neon purple house as indicated on a billet draw. (A psychic workshop asks the participants to write a question on a small piece...more
Holly
Lily Dale: Connecting is the third in the Lily Dale series. Calla is just as lovable as she's always been and so are her friends (particularly the mysterious Jacy Bly, my favorite). She's on a mission to find out how her mother was murdered and the ex-boyfriend who appeared at her house only months before her mom was killed.

Jacy gives Calla a warning. He's been having a vision where she's underwater, struggling to reach the surface but unable to. Calla knows Jacy was right once before and takes...more
Lucia
I never read the first book, Awakening, in the Lily Dale series, but I think that the third book is okay to read and won't be confusing even if the first book is not read first. Connecting has a good plot and is interesting because there is a lot of suspense and tension, but it's written in third person. I personally prefer first person because it puts the reader in the character's shoes so that we can understand more about them. However, the setting of this book is mostly realistic, minus the p...more
Connecting is the third book in the Lily Dale series. Calla desperately tries to connect with her dead mother, and find out why she was killed. I really enjoy the Lily Dale series and have grown to like Calla and her friends and family. They are very likable characters, and each book is a fun, light read. This book also leaves a cliffhanger ending, so I'll soon be on to the next book in the series.
Lindsay
The story continues in the third book of the Lily Dale series. Calla has finally accepted her gift to communicate to the other side and desperately longs to be able to feel the spirit energy of her late mother. Although her mother’s death is thought to be an accident, Calla’s visions tell her otherwise. She enlists the help of Jacy who warns her about the serious danger that lies in her path. In her determination to uncover the truth she catches a glimpse of a shadowy stranger and gets more than...more
Kathy
Third in the Lily Dale series. I felt this was a little better than the second one. I like the idea of a psychic community but am a little creeped out by the fact that Calla sees ghosts absolutely everywhere. I think that would be a hard thing to get adjusted to. The pace was quick and the characters are enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. Would recommend to teens looking for books dealing with the supernatural.
The BookWhisperer
Wow! I am really impressed by the Wendy Corsi Staub Lily Dale series. Calla continues in her search for the possibility that her mother may have been murdered. After finding that her mother had a romance as a teenager; she finds a new key to the mystery of her mother. With Jacy's help she finds a trail that may lead her to her mothers killer. Only she finds more than she expected, and may be putting herself in more danger.
Dascha
Book 3 of the Lily Dale series. Calla has come to terms with having paranormal talents, and is learning to hone them. She is getting mysterious signs of a teen relationship her now deceased mother had while living in the house she now lives in and it could be a lead to her mother's murderer. In the midst of all this she's still a teen trying to making new friends & dating at school. Intriguing read. Hard to put down.
LuAnn
I'm hoping to find time to read the first two books in this series. I read this for a review in LMC and I was immediately hooked. Interesting main character and problem, her connection to the dead. It seems she sees ghosts everywhere, except the one she wants and needs to see, her own mother. Was her mother murdered? Is that same person now trying to murder her?
Jamie Brooks
I feel like nothing is really getting resolved in these books, just more questions are popping up! Yet they are still keeping me interested and I am still eager to see the questions answered. I just requested the fourth book from the library. I want this whole situation with Calla's mom resolved once and for all.
Sharon
The idea of a whole community filled mostly with people who can communicate with the dead is an intriguing idea for a story. This is so much more than just that, a love story, a mystery, and grieving for a mother who is gone to the other side. A great read and part of a series about the community Lily Dale.
Erin
There was even more mystery and suspense in this one than the first two. Even though the second book is still my favorite- this one was still very entertaining and (view spoiler)
Sophia
Fascinating book and I cannot wait to read the others. Usually I don't like to read books in a series out of order but this one was excellent! It didn't hive away info about the previous books so now I can read those too!
Molly
Third in the series - love how the author leaves you hanging with questions unanswered at the end of the book. On the fourth in the series now. If there is a fifth I'm SOL bc we don't have it at our library! Good YA book series!
Melissa
I liked this one better than the last two. They keep getting better.We finally find out what happened to her mom and finally a love interest. LOL I can't wait for the next one. doesn't come out till october.UGH!
Brook
I like this series. Teeny bopper but still engaging. I am looking forward to reading the next one. I get creeped out reading about ghosts but it makes the book that more interesting to read!
Teen Department Homewood Library
This third book in the Lily Dale series answers some questions while continuing the ongoing story lines. I highly recommend the series to fans of mysteries and the supernatural.
Anna Dosio
Best one yet, I just love calla and her awesome abilities. I can't wait to read book 4! There is still much to find out! I always wanted to visit Lilly Dale, now it's a must.
Cara
At this point I am only reading these to finish the series. I think that teens would like them, but they just aren't doing it for me. I really hope the conclusion is good.
Paige
I love the suspence in this book. At the end i was so scared of what might happen i couldn't put the book down. I was up untill 12:20 last night finishing the book.
Julie
I really liked this series. Its good young adult fiction. Staub is a good writer and if you are into mediums and ghosts etc., you'd probably like these books too.
Ms. Rosas
The mystery surrounding Calla's mother continues to unravel as her powers grow. I can't believe I have to wait until OCTOBER to find out what happens next.
Christi
Part ghost story, part romance, part murder mystery. Set in the small New York town of Lily Dale, which happens to be a town filled with psychics and mediums.
Karen
Jan 14, 2009 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
I'm not exactly sure why I've been sucked into this supernatural series, but I find I can't resist picking up latest book each time a new one comes out.
Kathy
was really good. This one didn't end with a cliff hanger like the first two... I will read the 4th one, but not compelled to do so right away.
Caroline
The writing was ok. the story was good. But the best part was the depiction of the Spiritual Community of Lily Dale in New York (near Buffalo.)
Afsana
I loved this series. They were quick reads but in a good way and I read the whole series one after another in about 3 days

all 4 books

• Look Both Ways (Midnight Twins, #2)
  • Wavesong (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • The Angel of Death (Forensic Mysteries, #2)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Creative Thinkering: Putting Your Imagination to Work
  • Crossing Over
  • Spirit
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Capture (Cryptid Tales, #2)
  • The Guidance (Ghost Huntress, #2)
  • Hex Education
  • Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences
  • Highway to Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl Vs. Evil #3)
  • Picture the Dead
  • Cat (Fear Street, #45)
  • The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)
  • Dead Is Just A Rumor (Dead Is, #4)
  • The Mystery Of The Haunted Boxcar (The Boxcar Children, #100)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus...more
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) Don't Scream All The Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)