Start by marking “Connecting (Lily Dale, #3)” as Want to Read:
Connecting (Lily Dale, #3)

Connecting (Lily Dale #3)

Now that Calla has accepted her ability to communicate with the Other Side, she’s desperate to connect with the one spirit whose energy she can’t seem to feel anywhere: her late mother. As ominous supernatural signs imply that the devastating loss might not have been an accident, Calla sets out to uncover the truth, convinced that a shadowy stranger may hold the key. But

Published November 25th 2008 by Walker Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Connecting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connecting

Ginny Potter
Sep 09, 2016 Ginny Potter rated it really liked it
In this book, Calla, a girl who's mother was mustered and who has psychic powers, struggles with some really cliché things (yet somehow manages to be an interesting character). Let me explain HOW cliché. First, she struggles with choosing between two guys (yes, and it's a love triangle). Actually, at the end, it turns into THREE guys. The third guy is the dude that dumped her through text. I don't understand her feelings whatsoever. Meanwhile, she tries to figure out how to control her psychic p ...more
Rachael
May 28, 2015 Rachael rated it really liked it
I am loving this series. Sad that I am fixing to start the last one! Wish there were more with Calla and friends!
Dana
Jul 12, 2012 Dana rated it it was amazing
Calla, is still trying to get used to her ability. She experienced so much this year. Her boyfriend breaking up with her by text, her mom dying, going to live with her Gammy who lives in a spiritualist community then discovering she can see ghost and communicate with them. Only to find her first experience was to help find a dead girl and become the traget for the killer who she thwarted by finding his last victim before she died.

Not to mention to very hot guys she is learning to care about, how
Bonnie Archuleta
Amazing book

I love Staub's style of writing even though these are teen reads they are very enjoyable ... A quick escape
Holly
Jul 13, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, death-ghosts
Lily Dale: Connecting is the third in the Lily Dale series. Calla is just as lovable as she's always been and so are her friends (particularly the mysterious Jacy Bly, my favorite). She's on a mission to find out how her mother was murdered and the ex-boyfriend who appeared at her house only months before her mom was killed.

Jacy gives Calla a warning. He's been having a vision where she's underwater, struggling to reach the surface but unable to. Calla knows Jacy was right once before and takes
Linda Munro
Apr 11, 2011 Linda Munro rated it really liked it
The third of four novels in the Lily Dale series. In her quest to learn if her visons of her mother's death are accurate, young Calla sets herself up for a true "near death' experience. Despite warnings from her boyfriend Jacy, a psychic child she babysits, her grandmother and others; Calla convinces Jacy to drive her to Geneseo to locate a statue of a giant bear and a neon purple house as indicated on a billet draw. (A psychic workshop asks the participants to write a question on a small piece ...more
Robin Brown
This short series of Teen Fantasy books is an odd oxymoron.

Clearly aimed and written for a young teenaged audience, there are moments of violence, deep emotional devastation, and adult emotional themes. (not sex. there is no sex.)

Each book stands alone, although they really should be read together and in order.

Calla has just lost her mother, who buried her own teenaged years behind a wall of efficiency and 'normalcy.' This death is handled very well, and gives good insight into the grieving pr
Mrslabraden
Jun 21, 2016 Mrslabraden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good story by Wendy Corsi Staub. Calla continues to see more and more dead people, but none of them are who she wants to see most, her mother. As Calla continues to be given clues into her mother's death by members of the spirit world, she realizes that her mother was murdered. She enlists the help of Jacy to help her investigate the clues which only alienates her new best friend, Evangeline. Against her better judgement, Calla continues to date Blue, and now Kevin seems to be reaching o ...more
Lucia
I never read the first book, Awakening, in the Lily Dale series, but I think that the third book is okay to read and won't be confusing even if the first book is not read first. Connecting has a good plot and is interesting because there is a lot of suspense and tension, but it's written in third person. I personally prefer first person because it puts the reader in the character's shoes so that we can understand more about them. However, the setting of this book is mostly realistic, minus the p ...more
Heidi
Sep 08, 2016 Heidi rated it really liked it
When you wake up in the middle of the night and the time glowing on your clock is exactly the time that holds significance in this series of books, you either become totally convinced in the validity of the paranormal or you freak out or both.
Sarah Crawford
Feb 09, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Calla is still at Lilydale and is still trying to unravel the mystery of her mother's death. She thinks she has found the murderer, but it turns out the person she thought could not have done it, having been dead at the time.

So, there's still someone out there who murdered her mother and probably wants to murder Calla. To complicate matters, her father is thinking of moving near Lily Dale, she's not sure which guy she wants as a boyfriend, and she finds out that her mother had been hiding a maj
Lindsay
Nov 03, 2009 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
The story continues in the third book of the Lily Dale series. Calla has finally accepted her gift to communicate to the other side and desperately longs to be able to feel the spirit energy of her late mother. Although her mother’s death is thought to be an accident, Calla’s visions tell her otherwise. She enlists the help of Jacy who warns her about the serious danger that lies in her path. In her determination to uncover the truth she catches a glimpse of a shadowy stranger and gets more than ...more
Katy H
Apr 11, 2014 Katy H rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, 2014, ya, series
More Lily Dale entertainment! Seriously, between all the Lily Dale references I've seen on "Mysteries at the Museum" (yep, I'm a nerd) and these books, a visit to Lily Dale, NY is steadily moving higher up on my 'bucket list'. I also always enjoy Ms. Staub's Author's Notes. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because (despite a number of my earlier ratings here), I've decided a book has to be REALLY special/touching to earn "that elusive fifth star" (paraphrased line from a Frasier rer ...more
Natalie
May 30, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
Calla has managed to survive and thrive in Lily Dale. But now her dreams turn more violent as she focuses on her mother's death and who killed her.

That's not to say other things are fine. She is finally with Jacy, but Evangeline is hurt and Kevin seams to still be in the picture. And when Calla heads to Tampa to find out more about her mother, the killer follows.

Another great addition to the series!
Kathy
Jan 18, 2010 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Third in the Lily Dale series. I felt this was a little better than the second one. I like the idea of a psychic community but am a little creeped out by the fact that Calla sees ghosts absolutely everywhere. I think that would be a hard thing to get adjusted to. The pace was quick and the characters are enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. Would recommend to teens looking for books dealing with the supernatural.
Dascha
Mar 03, 2010 Dascha rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, series, ya
Book 3 of the Lily Dale series. Calla has come to terms with having paranormal talents, and is learning to hone them. She is getting mysterious signs of a teen relationship her now deceased mother had while living in the house she now lives in and it could be a lead to her mother's murderer. In the midst of all this she's still a teen trying to making new friends & dating at school. Intriguing read. Hard to put down.
The BookWhisperer
Nov 13, 2009 The BookWhisperer rated it really liked it
Wow! I am really impressed by the Wendy Corsi Staub Lily Dale series. Calla continues in her search for the possibility that her mother may have been murdered. After finding that her mother had a romance as a teenager; she finds a new key to the mystery of her mother. With Jacy's help she finds a trail that may lead her to her mothers killer. Only she finds more than she expected, and may be putting herself in more danger.
Jul 02, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Connecting is the third book in the Lily Dale series. Calla desperately tries to connect with her dead mother, and find out why she was killed. I really enjoy the Lily Dale series and have grown to like Calla and her friends and family. They are very likable characters, and each book is a fun, light read. This book also leaves a cliffhanger ending, so I'll soon be on to the next book in the series.
Sharon
Mar 03, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it
The idea of a whole community filled mostly with people who can communicate with the dead is an intriguing idea for a story. This is so much more than just that, a love story, a mystery, and grieving for a mother who is gone to the other side. A great read and part of a series about the community Lily Dale.
Jamie Brooks
May 01, 2010 Jamie Brooks rated it really liked it
I feel like nothing is really getting resolved in these books, just more questions are popping up! Yet they are still keeping me interested and I am still eager to see the questions answered. I just requested the fourth book from the library. I want this whole situation with Calla's mom resolved once and for all.
LuAnn
Feb 23, 2009 LuAnn rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm hoping to find time to read the first two books in this series. I read this for a review in LMC and I was immediately hooked. Interesting main character and problem, her connection to the dead. It seems she sees ghosts everywhere, except the one she wants and needs to see, her own mother. Was her mother murdered? Is that same person now trying to murder her?
Melissa
Jun 10, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I liked this one better than the last two. They keep getting better.We finally find out what happened to her mom and finally a love interest. LOL I can't wait for the next one. doesn't come out till october.UGH!
Rayne
Jan 12, 2015 Rayne rated it liked it
3.5 stars for this book. An easy read that kept me turning the pages to find out - what next. Nothing is ever as it seems but finally the pieces fall into place. Just one more piece left of the puzzle ...
Molly
Feb 09, 2012 Molly rated it really liked it
Third in the series - love how the author leaves you hanging with questions unanswered at the end of the book. On the fourth in the series now. If there is a fifth I'm SOL bc we don't have it at our library! Good YA book series!
Erin
Oct 21, 2011 Erin rated it really liked it
There was even more mystery and suspense in this one than the first two. Even though the second book is still my favorite- this one was still very entertaining and (view spoiler)
Barbara
Oct 14, 2014 Barbara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No improvement over the first two. in fact, there was so much repetition of past events, wordiness, and inconsistentcies in facts of the story line, that it took away from some of the pleasure of the story.
Sophia
Aug 04, 2011 Sophia rated it really liked it
Fascinating book and I cannot wait to read the others. Usually I don't like to read books in a series out of order but this one was excellent! It didn't hive away info about the previous books so now I can read those too!
Bonnie
Aug 16, 2011 Bonnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this little series of young adult mysteries. Suspenseful and easy. I need to get my hands on the fourth book!
Teen Department Homewood Library
This third book in the Lily Dale series answers some questions while continuing the ongoing story lines. I highly recommend the series to fans of mysteries and the supernatural.
Anna Dosio
Jan 18, 2011 Anna Dosio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best one yet, I just love calla and her awesome abilities. I can't wait to read book 4! There is still much to find out! I always wanted to visit Lilly Dale, now it's a must.
  • Look Both Ways (Midnight Twins, #2)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Everything
  • Wavesong (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • Bringing up the bodies (Spookshow, #4)
  • The Awakening (Ghost Huntress, #1)
  • The Angel of Death (Forensic Mysteries, #2)
  • Lost in Lexicon: An Adventure in Words and Numbers
  • Real-Life X-Files: Investigating the Paranormal
  • Second Sight (Sherry Moore, #4)
  • Pseudoscience and the Paranormal
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • The History of Atlantis
  • Pagan Christmas: The Plants, Spirits, and Rituals at the Origins of Yuletide
  • The Other Side of Blue
  • Cicada Summer
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • Crossing Over
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...

Lily Dale (4 books)
  • Awakening (Lily Dale, #1)
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale #4)