Start by marking “Golf for Enlightenment: The Seven Lessons for the Game of Life” as Want to Read:
Golf for Enlightenment: The Seven Lessons for the Game of Life

Golf for Enlightenment: The Seven Lessons for the Game of Life

Deepak Chopra has discovered the delights—and frustrations—of golf, and he is passionate about the game. Confronted by the wild ups and downs of his own play, he consulted with golf professionals and developed a new approach to the game that any golfer can follow—from the novice to the expert. The results can be measured not only in increased enjoyment and skill, but also ...more
Published March 4th 2003 by Harmony (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Golf for Enlightenment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golf for Enlightenment

Zurino
Jun 05, 2012 Zurino rated it really liked it
The way Dr. Chopra writes is so clear and concise, you can't help but understand what he is trying to put across. This man speaks so clearly that I find myself rereading this book for the simple pleasure of reading his words.

That, and I find his perspective rather brilliant.
Its not that I fully endorse his way of thinking or beliefs, its that I find this work of value in providing a clear succinct perspective on a life well lived.

Surrender is the dominant theme of the book, and is the only thin
Gregg Bell
Mar 04, 2015 Gregg Bell rated it liked it
I can't draw a bead on Deepak. I think he's sincere, but he writes so much on so many subjects (from spirituality to weight loss) I can't help but be a little skeptical. His main interest no doubt is spirituality, though, and that's the basis for Golf for Enlightenment. Now full disclosure is probably in order here. I admit it—I am a golfer. I know that means that half of you will automatically think that I am a moron and you're probably right, but I play on—I am addicted.

Okay, glad I got that o
CarolynKost
Jun 04, 2014 CarolynKost rated it it was ok
Shelves: rel-spir
Superstar spiritual entrepreneur and prolific bestselling author Chopra successfully translates Hindu philosophy into language that appeals to Western masses. The core Hindu teaching that humans already know perfection, but illusion masks it means that we need only "align ourselves with our etheric senses," to achieve mastery of all things, including golf. At its best, golf can be a journey toward mastery, which, when attained, will result in growth in one's entire life. (Golf widows and ...more
John
Nov 19, 2011 John rated it it was amazing
Golf insruction books can be a msssive waste of time. Trying to translate well-intentioned tips and shortcuts to your golf game and actually cutting your storkes can be futile. Having read Carl Hiassen's hilarious, frustrated paen to the sport (Fairway to Hell), I thought something more serious was in order. This book was a quick, simple read that focused more on the mental or inner game and pretty much ignored the mechanics of golf. No analysis of swings, grips, stances et al. Just basic, ...more
J
...Having finished up Chopra’s Golf for Enlightenment, I really like the book. Toward the its conclusion, he said, “Golf is like life and life is like golf.” At face value it seems almost cliché until I realize, Chopra’s argument is not that far off; there are lessons to be learned and the biggest one for me is that of detachment which I believe is confused with ‘not caring’ – but in reality, it means not holding onto anything- either hate or love. My mentor and academic guide, Juan told me a co ...more
Joseph
Mar 09, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
Golf for Enlightenment offers a unique perspective on the game by matching some universal tenets on the balance of life to a balance in one's game. Chopra does well in creating an outline of the important actions one would take to achieve balance in their lives and distills them into seven lessons in a Covey-esque manner. The book is well-organized and easily applicable to one's own game.

Each lesson begins with a story involving a player (Adam) and his teacher (Leela) and is then followed by Cho
Eric
Jun 24, 2012 Eric rated it really liked it
Deepak Chopra unravels the mystery of golf and why some of us get so frustrated with our progress or lack there of. he uses eastern philosophy to link our emotions and mental affairs to the game. i'm not sure how this book relates to the game of life except that "the game - given the personality and name of Leela" is ever-present. A good read for disgruntled golfers looking for a different approach.
Jean
Jan 11, 2009 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
Enjoyed the part on relating a golf shot with Karma. It is a relatively easy read. Nothing extraordinary but I feel that it can be beneficial to someone who lives and breathes golf and would like to find higher meaning and justification to devoting so much time to the game of golf. It is most probably a reference book for a professional or serious amateur of the game.
Manne Necker
Jan 15, 2014 Manne Necker rated it did not like it
No me gustó el método que usó el autor para describir las situaciones del golf con la vida real. Quizá se deba a que el golf me aburre enormemente, y además también porque su estilo es demasiado lento para mí, lo terminé a duras penas y con el compromiso de no dejar más libros a medias... esa es la verdad.
D. Michael
Apr 17, 2012 D. Michael rated it it was amazing
This is far more than a book about golf. It is indeed about life and the problems, anxieties, attitudes, strengths, spiritualities, hopes, and aspirations we golfers put on display every time we tee up that devilish little ball.
James Willey
Jan 28, 2016 James Willey rated it did not like it
Not a book for serious golfers. 275 (large print) pages that could be condensed to seven or less. A lot of flowery fluff about an angel guiding an emotional, angst ridden golfer to enlightenment with many pretty metaphors which don't make sense.
Tony
Mar 06, 2012 Tony rated it liked it
golf is a 'spiritual' game, forget about being technical...leave the results to God and enjoy the game.
Dhavisha Raveena Mojhoa
An ethereal and delightful experience. A beautiful illustration of life, that is to see life in a different perspective. This is a ''must read'' for anyone.
Andre Chiasson
A good, quick read. Interesting application of spirituality to golf. may be a better choice than 1001 Golf Tips.
just Me
just Me rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2010
Nancy E
Nancy E rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Mary E. McKinney
Mary E. McKinney rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Dean Taylor
Dean Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2009
Owen
Owen rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Carleen
Oct 07, 2012 Carleen rated it it was ok
"The greatest joy in life comes when inner and outer experiences match each other." - Deepak Chopra
Bob Brown
Bob Brown rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Nick Herbert
Nick Herbert rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Johanna Maria
Johanna Maria rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2007
Mike Moskos
Mike Moskos rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Marytere
Marytere rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2009
Solana
Solana rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2013
Gonzalo Nunez
Gonzalo Nunez rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2013
Madison McVeety
Madison McVeety rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
  • Service Failure: The Real Reasons Employees Struggle with Customer Service and What You Can Do About It
  • And If You Play Golf, You're My Friend: Further Reflections of a Grown Caddie
  • Every Shot Must Have a Purpose: How GOLF54 Can Make You a Better Player
  • Every Shot Counts: Using the Revolutionary Strokes Gained Approach to Improve Your Golf Performance  and Strategy
  • Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life
  • Dave Pelz's Putting Bible: The Complete Guide to Mastering the Green
  • One Magical Sunday: (But Winning Isn't Everything)
  • Thin Air
  • The Art of Creative Thinking: How to Be Innovative and Develop Great Ideas
  • The Inner Game of Golf
  • The You Code: What Your Habits Say About You
  • The Breakout Principle: How to Activate the Natural Trigger That Maximizes Creativity, Athletic Performance, Productivity, and Personal Well-Being
  • Be a Party Plan Superstar: Build a $100,000-A-Year Direct Selling Business from Home
  • L'onda perfetta
  • I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy
  • The Secret Lives of Dogs: The Real Reasons Behind 52 Mysterious Canine Behaviors
  • Expect Miracles
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...

“Freedom comes when you see the built-in contradiction of trying to manipulate something that is going right to begin with.... Stop trying to steer the river.” 11 likes