Start by marking “Anna Smudge: Professional Shrink” as Want to Read:
Anna Smudge: Professional Shrink

Anna Smudge: Professional Shrink (The Professionals #1)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A dangerous escaped hitman. An art teacher who has lost her mind. A naked man covered in seaweed, talking in rhymes. But what do they all have to do with the criminal mastermind MR. WHO? It's up to ANNA SMUDGE to find out. But Anna's no ordinary eleven-year-old. She's the top shrink in Manhattan, holding therapy sessions in a cramped storage closet in the lobby of her apar ...more
Published May 2nd 2008 by Toasted Coconut Media

To ask other readers questions about Anna Smudge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Smudge

Jenny
Jan 25, 2009 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Everyone who 1) has a tween in their life 2) wants to encourage someone to read or 3) is a teacher HAS to read this book. This is the first in a series of 6, the second to be released this spring. Anna is a fantastic heroine that will appeal to both sexes and creates the first novel/graphic novel hybrid. I really enjoyed it - so much I started teaching it in some of my classes.
Maria Elmvang
It's not often that I give a children's book 5 stars. Especially not a children's book I read for the first time at the ripe old age of 30 ;) But just once in a blue moon it's justified, and I do believe this to be one of those instances.

The book's well written - or at least well translated, since I read it in Danish. It's aimed at children, but the language isn't 'dumbed down' in any way. The characters are well described, and although not exactly likely, they make the best out of being enterta
Kristi
Mar 18, 2009 Kristi rated it liked it
This was a new children's book, beginning of a new series. I think the basic idea of the series is to create "superheroes" that have kind of mundane powers. Anna's specialty is that she somehow knows exactly what to say to people to help them be more mentally healthy. She can persuade lifelong hardened criminals to give up their life of crime with a few sessions of talking to them.

Of course, all heroes need villains to fight, and Anna has Mr. Who. She manages to foil his plot (of course) with t
Gary
Jun 26, 2009 Gary rated it really liked it
What a fun book. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. A very unexpected delight. I will look forward to the next book of the Professionals. I think young and old would enjoy this book. Anna Smudge is a darling and well developed as are all the characters of this story. The story has a nice twist to it that is unexpected. I definitely recommend it.
Trine
Apr 25, 2010 Trine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, danish, children, 2010
A very entertaining children's book with an atmosphere that sucks the reader in. And with some surprising twists. I heartily recomend it to all children from the age of 10 - and adults as well.
Melissa
Dec 16, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Clever, exciting, fast-paced -- reads kind of like a movie script. Great mystery and adventure book. Plus: a sequel in the works. Great fun.
Carrie Lynne
Feb 13, 2009 Carrie Lynne rated it it was amazing
Great fast-paced read...perfect for upper elementary and middle school students.
Kim Baccellia
Apr 13, 2008 Kim Baccellia rated it it was amazing
Fun tween mystery where an eleven-year-old Anna helps solve a mystery.
s o n n a
Feb 21, 2009 s o n n a rated it liked it
this was a really awesome mystery!!!!
Hannah Chin
Hannah Chin marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Jeff Peterson
Jeff Peterson rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Ray
Ray rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Johanne Linderoth
Johanne Linderoth rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Jennifer Dillon
Jennifer Dillon rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2014
Booklover
Booklover rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Alisha
Alisha added it
Mar 14, 2014
Mindy Ann
Mindy Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Deuane
Deuane rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2010
Susan Walters
Susan Walters rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2010
Shraddha
Shraddha marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2010
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Rserbins
Rserbins rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2010
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2010
Fun tween tale where Nancy Drew meets Dr. Phil 1 9 May 24, 2008 07:13AM
Before writing Anna Smudge: Professional Shrink, MAC wrote for Popular Science Magazine, interviewing NASA scientists and covering some pretty cool topics such as asteroids, space junk, and the development of Mars space suits. But MAC is probably most famous for her article regarding catching diseases from public toilets. How is that for a claim to fame?!

More about Mac...

The Professionals (3 books)
  • Quenton Cohen: Professional Chef
  • Rachel Riley: Professional Reporter (The Professionals #3)