Start by marking “Charles Dickens And Friends” as Want to Read:
Charles Dickens And Friends

Charles Dickens And Friends

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
With trademark liveliness and wit, the creator of BRAVO, MR. WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE! moves into Victorian territory-presenting five retellings of classic Dickens that are sure to lure the most reluctant reader.

What the Dickens? GREAT EXPECTATIONS, OLIVER TWIST, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, DAVID COPPERFIELD, and A TALE OF TWO CITIES - five literary classics take on a new life in these
Published (first published October 7th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Charles Dickens And Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charles Dickens And Friends

Crys (The Hodgenator)
This children's book of Dickens tales makes the writer approachable for a modern reader - aka our students.

Many of our students find Dickens tough to get through because of the complexity of his style. The is a great way to introduce Dickens and move beyond plot so students can dig into his words, his style, his message.

Stories included: Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities
Heather
My kids loved this book. They looked at it over and over and one of my sons read most of it himself before I got around to reading it out-loud. For obvious space reasons the books are very, very condensed but you still get a good feel for the plot and the main characters.

I felt like the little cartoon blurbs said by the characters were not useful in this book. Most of the time they were confusing and didn't add anything. I also don't really care for the artwork although my boys think it's great
Lacy
Another great way to introduce children to the classics. Includes Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, and A Tale of Two Cities.
Huda
Apr 17, 2009 Huda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Huda by: بركات كتابنا
Shelves: en-pic-books
I really liked the idea of rewriting it in a comic book. Looking forward to read Shakespears' plays as well (;
Yunisa KD
I read other edition retold by Brenda Ralph Lewis
Nojood Alsudairi
A great introduction to Dickens.
Emily Powell
Emily Powell marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Rodolphe Dubois
Rodolphe Dubois marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kaui
Kaui marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Edie Overduin
Edie Overduin marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Helen
Helen added it
Feb 28, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Vickimouse61
Vickimouse61 marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Gaurav Arora
Gaurav Arora marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kris
Kris is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2014
Georgia
Georgia is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
Victor
Victor is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Angel Antonio
Angel Antonio marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Marcia Williams began to develop her distinctive comic-book style at an early age: "When I was about ten and wrote home to my family from boarding school," she says, "I never wrote normal letters. I tried to tell my family about what I was doing in a way that was more fun. Also, my parents didn't let me read comic books, so I decided to create my own."

This former nursery school teacher blends her
More about Marcia Williams...
Chancer's Canterbury Tales Lizzy Bennet's Diary: Inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice My Secret War Diary, by Flossie Albright: My History of the Second World War 1939-1945 The Iliad/The Odyssey Ancient Egypt: Tales of Gods and Pharaohs