Start by marking “Winnie-The-Pooh” as Want to Read:
Winnie-The-Pooh

Winnie-The-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh #1)

4.33  ·  Rating Details ·  209,346 Ratings  ·  2,822 Reviews
Peter Dennis has made himself Pooh's Ambassador Extraordinary and no bear has ever had a more devoted friend. So if you want to meet the real Pooh, the bear I knew, the bear my father wrote about, listen to Peter. You will not be disappointed.
Unknown Binding, 0 pages
Published December 11th 2006 by Findaway World (first published October 14th 1926)

To ask other readers questions about Winnie-The-Pooh, please sign up.

Bodhi Looks like it's not a direct quote (from a little research). It's poetically strung together from a series of ideas in the last scene in the second…moreLooks like it's not a direct quote (from a little research). It's poetically strung together from a series of ideas in the last scene in the second book, The House at Pooh Corner. I guess it was made as some sort of "greeting card" blurb and was so touching, it spread all over the place. (congrats to whoever that author is). Christopher Robin asks Pooh to promise to never forget about him, then they go off together, but it says they will always be playing there…(less)
Rick I read this book to my kids before they could read and I loved all of it. Eeyore's humor is much too droll for any child to appreciate. I believe it…moreI read this book to my kids before they could read and I loved all of it. Eeyore's humor is much too droll for any child to appreciate. I believe it was written to be read to kids by adults.(less)

Paul Bryant
Winnie-the-Pooh, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Win-knee-the-Pooh: the tip of the lip taking a trip of three steps down the palate to return at four to kiss : Pooh. He was Pooh, plain Pooh, in the morning, standing eighteen inches in one sock. He was that scruffy old bear at school. He was Mr Winnie Pooh on the dotted line. But in my arms he was always Bear.
Manny
In which the animals meet a Hostile Reviewer, and Pooh invents a New Breakfast

One morning, Pooh and Piglet were walking through the Hundred Acre Wood, when they spied a strange Creature lying on the ground. As they got closer, they could see that it looked a bit like a very large Boy. But what was most remarkable was that someone had tied it down with hundreds of tiny ropes. It could hardly move a finger, and there was even something tied over its mouth.

"Mmf!" said the creature in a loud but rat
Summer
The Winnie the Pooh books are great because everyone has some sort of problem. Pooh is painfully naïve, Piglet is neurotic, Owl is a narcissist, Eeyore has major depression, Tigger is hyperactive, Rabbit is a sociopath, and Kanga needs to spend an afternoon with The Feminine Mystique. It's good for kids to learn that pretty much anyone you meet will have some sort of major problem.

Mariel
Oct 04, 2011 Mariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Winnie's poo
Recommended to Mariel by: Eeyore's hot tail
Celebrity Death Match versus Heart of Darkness.
Dear Christopher Robin,
Your father and I miss you but we feel that it would be best if you spent the remainder of the summer at camp, as previously agreed. You quit the boy scouts, band and your newspaper route to spend more time with those... things. Really, my son, you are much too told to play with... stuffed animals. To think, all my friends in the bridge meetings have all-star athlete sons and honor roll daughters to brag about. I have Christop
Kai
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

Since Winnie-the-Pooh is my favourite Disney movie, I decided to read book it's based on. Turns out it is one of my favourite books.
It is so absolutely sweet and filled with smart humor. What I like most about Winnie-the-Pooh is this melancholic feeling you get while reading. I just really really love it so much. I will forever read this to my future children (or dogs. Depends.)
Clouds

Following the resounding success of my Locus Quest, I faced a dilemma: which reading list to follow it up with? Variety is the spice of life, so I’ve decided to diversify and pursue six different lists simultaneously. This book falls into my BEDTIME STORIES list.

I have a little boy and love reading to him, so this reading list will cover the classic (and new) children’s stories we’re enjoying together.

My baby son is six months old and as part of his bedtime routine we're reading him stories. I
Jonnie
Nov 04, 2014 Jonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever I think of Winnie-the-Pooh, I think of an incredibly sweet melancholy. Like, A.A Milne is not allowed to make me feel these feels in the form of a children's story book!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

“You can't stay i
Jason Koivu
Jun 03, 2011 Jason Koivu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: childrens book lovers and gun nuts
Recommended to Jason by: yo momma...no wait, i think it was my momma
Shelves: fiction
Pooh gets shot for godsake! I don't remember that in the version that was read to me as a child! What I recall were the sweet, pastoral tales of human-like animals living semi-silly existences in their quaint village-esque neighborhood in the woods. I liked Pooh, his muddled world view and convoluted logic, and Piglet's utter meekness had its charm, however Tigger was mah boy! He was my favorite character in the book and coincidentally my favorite ornament on my family's christmas tree. Reading ...more
Bryce Wilson
Jun 16, 2008 Bryce Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classic-lit, children
It's tough to read something this perfect and pure without feeling a bit like Milton's Satan, dismayed by just how far from true innocence and grace I've fallen.

Will
Jul 25, 2016 Will rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, bother! I’ve started this Review and now I don’t know how to continue. I had a Very Good Idea for one and then it sort of just Flew Away.
(“What’s a Revue? asked Piglet, "can they really fly?”
“Well, they can,” said Bear, “it Depends. Sometimes they just Plod, if you know what I mean. You have to say something of Very Great Importance, so that it will be Liked.”
“Pooh," said Piglet helpfully, "if you wrote it I would like it anyway.”)

But maybe there isn’t anything new I can say that hasn’t
Tolstoy
Oct 28, 2011 Tolstoy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celebrity deathmatch review in which Winnie the Pooh wins.

I know some here think I am unnecessarily wordy, so let me get straight to the point. Hamlet sucks.

[Editor's note to these recently discovered papers. Tolstoy tries really REALLY hard to leave it at that, but he can't. And thus Tolstoy continues...]

As I wrote some time ago now:

None of Shakespeare’s characters shows, in such a striking fashion, the playwright’s - I don’t want to say inability—complete disregard for proper characterization
Jo Woolfardis
Read as part of The Infinite Variety Reading Challenge, based on the BBC's Big Read Poll of 2003.

Winnie-the-Pooh is such an English Treasure, it seems impossible that I had never read it before, not in my childhood or in my adulthood. However, being English means that I already know all about Pooh Bear, his friends and that most treasured English-childhood past-time of Pooh Sticks.

It was so charming and written so well, but I found it really didn't go anywhere. I wish I had read it as a child be
·Karen·
Dec 27, 2010 ·Karen· rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Celebrity Death Match Quarter Final

The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh versus Mary Poppins

BANKS FAMILY EXPRESS SHOCK AT NEW REVELATIONS IN POPPINS CASE

London, Friday 14th October 2011

The Banks family have expressed their 'deep disappointment' at new discoveries in the Poppins corruption scandal. 'We just can't understand it' a tearful Mrs Banks said to reporters yesterday. 'She always looked as if butter would not melt in her mouth. It's hard to believe that she was working against t
notgettingenough
Sep 27, 2009 notgettingenough rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Celebrity Death Match review in which Hamlet and Winnie demonstrate their people skills in a job interview at a secondhand car lot.

Who would YOU buy a used car from?

or

Michael Kneeland
Upon seeing my five-star rating of Winnie-the-Pooh via my Facebook feed, my sister made the following comment: "The originals were depressing. I prefer Disney's cuddly version." I made the following response, which I think sums up my feelings about this wonderful classic children's book:

One day, Pooh and Piglet were walking through the Hundred Acre Wood when they came upon a Facebook Comment. "The originals were depressing," it read. "I prefer Disney's cuddly version."

"Th-th-that's a v-v-very b-
Amanda
Feb 21, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

This book was so lovely. So, so sosososo wonderful.
I used to watch the Swedish versions of Winne-the-Pooh when I was younger, but it was not until now I decided to read the book. It is of course very enjoyable for children but I love how I could, as a teenager (or hopefully soon-to-be-adult), enjoy it to a very high extent.
I was very enthralled by A.A. Milne's way of telling this story and I thought it to be very funny, but at times also very serious and thought provokin
Gisoo
Jul 13, 2016 Gisoo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
داستان های شیرینی که پدر کریستوفر رابین با مهربونی و حوصله برای پسرش تعریف می کنه و خوانندگان هم کنارشون نشسته ن و گوش میدن.
قهرمانان داستان ها ، پسرک و اسباب بازی هاش هستن و می شه از روی این کتاب حدس زد که نویسنده با خلق این قصه ها، چه کودکی شیرینی برای کریستوفر رابین ساخته
Kiwi
Dec 18, 2014 Kiwi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya, classics
A classic for the very young. The original illustrations by Ernest H. Shephard are adorable. 3.5 stars
Melanie
review to come :)
NGE's Brother
Nov 19, 2011 NGE's Brother rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Divine Comedy vs Winnie the Pooh Celebrity Death Match review because my sister was so sad that Pooh is not in the lead.

Really, of course, this is no contest; although I can understand the misguided believing there is a genuine argument here.

The trouble is the prism of time in which we are reviewing these additions to literature. One has been around for 700 years and the other for a mere 70. The genuine question that needs to be answered is: which of these works will still be considered impo
Anna Banana
Oct 20, 2015 Anna Banana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having to read these stories for my college class has been so much fun. I never got to read any of the fairytales or children's stories when I was younger and I kind of feel like I've been missing out.

Pooh and the gang are so adorable and I love everything about this book. I now have the urge to watch the show (which I've never seen before). Are there movies too? After 21 years, I'm finally a fan of Winnie the Pooh (lol)!
Miss Ravi
Jan 19, 2016 Miss Ravi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, 1394
When I was a kid, my older sister had a version of "winne the pooh" with lots of beautiful illustrations but she don’t let me to turn the pages of it. However I exactly remember all of those images of pooh, rabbit, baby Roo and Christopher robin. All of those characters had many amazing adventures in the book and just a honey jar made pooh happy. I think that "winne the pooh" says to its readers of any ages: live and enjoy!
Laura Leaney
May 13, 2010 Laura Leaney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why are there so many cynical and satirical reviews of Winnie-the-Pooh, aka the life and times of Edward Bear, on Goodreads? What's wrong with people? Who could not love this bear and all his friends? When I was young, I adored this book - and the lovely illustrations ("decorations by Ernest H. Shepard"). I wonder if my love had to do with a fascination with all things British (thanks Mary Norton, Frances Hodgson Burnett, umbrellas, gorse bushes, and tea time). Such a complicated narrative too, ...more
Gonçalo
Jul 01, 2015 Gonçalo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
It's a special book. Really liked it :)
Jasmine
Mar 08, 2010 Jasmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british
okay, so recently I've had a problem with children's books. Children specifically not even teen. They seemed too simple, and even if well plotted poorly written. I was at a basic point where I was willing to assume I had been wrong and no children's book was actually all that good.

and then I had a really bad day. customers were jerks and ten minutes after the store opened I was already being complained about. Karen was gone no one was really on the floor for much of the midday. We are talking s
Bagger
Feb 18, 2008 Bagger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winnie The Pooh, the philosopher of my childhood, and dare I say quite a few other people.
You can't go wrong with Winnie, Piglet and all the other friends in the 100 Acre Wood.
Which speaking of Piglet, it was ten years later before I realized he was a little pig, he was just Piglet to me, which just shows how great these characters are, its like Stuart Little you never think of him as a mouse, he's just Stuart, its the same way with the characters of Winnie The Pooh, this has some things to do w
Ryan Wilkey
Oct 03, 2016 Ryan Wilkey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just so darn cute. I love the Disney movie, so I figured, Why not read the book? Loved the book!
Stephen
Aug 15, 2010 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
4.0 stars. One of my favorites growing up (at least until I discovered comic books). As with most Children's book, I enjoyed them even more when I finally got to read them to my daughters.
Kevin Cole
May 23, 2014 Kevin Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you don't like Winnie-the-Pooh, I want you to go away.
Around the Year i...: Winnie-The-Pooh, by A.A. Milne 5 45 Jan 16, 2017 07:49AM
101 Books to Read...: Winnie-the-Pooh 1 3 Jan 06, 2017 07:01PM
Goodreads Librari...: Winnie-the-Pooh 12 286 Jun 05, 2015 08:56AM
  • The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck
  • Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3)
  • The Children of Noisy Village
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • Five Children and It (Five Children, #1)
  • The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (The Wolves Chronicles, #1)
  • The Story of Ferdinand
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3)
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac
More about A.A. Milne...

Winnie-the-Pooh (5 books)
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • When We Were Very Young (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3)
  • Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh, #4)
  • Winnie-the-Pooh and the Royal Birthday

“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.” 8137 likes
“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” 8063 likes