Start by marking “Runaways: Marvel Age, Vol. 1: The Pride” as Want to Read:
Runaways: Marvel Age, Vol. 1: The Pride

Runaways: Marvel Age, Vol. 1: The Pride

Library Binding, 24 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Runaways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaways

Erin
Jan 06, 2016 Erin rated it liked it
That was short and fun.
Tiffany Tews
Aug 12, 2015 Tiffany Tews rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD!! Such an addicting story, I just had to know what was going to happen to them. I loooove not only the art style, but all of the characters and just the general dialogue! I believe that this is actually the first 'comic book' I've ever read, and I'm glad of that because it just makes me want to read more. LOVED IT.
Peyton
Jun 12, 2012 Peyton rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comic-book
So my friend and I have been interested in reading comic books for a while, but we didn't really know where to start since most series have a huge amount of backstory and reimaginings and just COMPLICATIONS. Finally, I posed the question to some friends online and got the response that we should start with Runaways and Young Avengers.

Now if Young Avengers is as good as the first book of Runaways was, I can see a bright future for comic books in my life! I loved the dialogue, the characters, the
Brie
Jan 18, 2014 Brie rated it really liked it
I gave this graphic novel a chance despite my dislike for superhero type stories and am glad I did. I like the aspect of the story that these teens had no idea about their parents being possibly super villains. I also like that they are coming into their own powers and feel the need to fight against the evil of their parents. But are their parents truly evil? I guess I will find out as I continue reading this series.
Tabitha
Mar 06, 2008 Tabitha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a fun series, the art is very well done and the story is easy to follow with a lot of laugh out loud moments. The characters are somewhat stero typed but you can't help but enjoy them nevertheless. The plot concept is also very interesting and causes the reader to want more
Casandria
Oct 01, 2010 Casandria rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-readers
This started out a little slow, but once these kids discovered that their parents were the evil counterparts to superheroes, things picked up. It got even better when they began discovering their own unique gifts and uncovering the mystery of who they are. Too short!
Andy
Jun 20, 2011 Andy rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I felt like the book was a little average starting out however things quickly got much more interesting with the kids discovering their parents secret. I like the art style a lot and the story seems to be pretty interesting, i'm excited to see where the story goes.
Jenn
Nov 07, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
Okay, I picked these up at the library, and I think they are just hard cover copies of the comics? So that it took me six books to read what was probably just 1 TP? Oh, well, I'll take it. Great storyline, lots of fun, will have to check out more.
Eliana
Feb 10, 2013 Eliana rated it really liked it
This book was good. I found that the author didn't know much about how teenagers actually act (because there is a very wide range!) and he stuck a lot of the stereotypical things in there. Overall, it was very good and intriguing!
Glen
Oct 01, 2013 Glen rated it really liked it
not a big comic reader but this sucked me in. Have read the first 5 volumes on Kindle and just ordered the rest. can't believe Marvel dropped this one
Laura J
Jan 16, 2010 Laura J rated it it was amazing
My opinion of this comic in one sentence: Terrific plot, amazing dialogue, fantastic art, and you're crazy if you don't love it.
Sasha
Sep 20, 2012 Sasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Clever, fun, engaging. And great illustrations.
Eseul
Dec 01, 2010 Eseul rated it it was amazing
Funny, clever, and just cool!
Blaise Channing Synar
Blaise Channing Synar marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Zoe Farrugia
Zoe Farrugia rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Jessica Dumitru
Jessica Dumitru rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Stuart Yellop
Stuart Yellop rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Joel David Jenkins
Joel David Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Cera-Michelle Carr
Cera-Michelle Carr rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Fye
Fye marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Ambre Lee
Ambre Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Brainy Boro
Brainy Boro rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Slayerscott
Slayerscott marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
KRose
KRose marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Louisa Claudette
Louisa Claudette marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
  • Will Supervillains Be on the Final?: Liberty Vocational    Volume 1
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 3: Of Like Minds
  • Hexed
  • JLA Classified, Vol. 3: New Maps of Hell
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Bayou Vol. 1
  • Essential X-Men, Vol. 3
  • X-23: Innocence Lost
  • Hopeless Savages: Greatest Hits 2000-2010
  • Kimmie66
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...