Start by marking “Cinta SIlih Berganti - Loving” as Want to Read:
Cinta SIlih Berganti - Loving

Cinta SIlih Berganti - Loving

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  2,541 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Bettina Daniels hidup bak dalam dongeng, bertaburkan kemewahan, pesta-pesta meriah, dan dikelilingi orang-orang top Amerika-hanya karena dia adalah putri cantik pengarang Amerika terkenal, Justin Daniels. Kemudian dalam sekejap, tragedi datang menimpanya... ayahnya meninggal, dan Bettina harus menghadapi kenyataan yang pahit-ayahnya telah menghamburkan seluruh penghasilann ...more
560 pages
Published 1997 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Cinta SIlih Berganti - Loving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinta SIlih Berganti - Loving

Rhiannon VanBlaricom
To me when I first started reading "Loving" I could tell by the writing and the style that this was one of her earlier books. There was a lot of repeating (of the emotions that she was trying to convey) in the beginning and it got to the point where you felt like the feelings that you were supposed to be feeling were being shoved down your throat. As the book went on it got considerably better. I felt like you grew with the character and that the character came out into her own.

The quote at the
Michelle Bacon
Nov 03, 2011 Michelle Bacon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The is possibly the most dreadful book ever. Hated the characters and totally felt like she needed to grow up! UGH If ever there was a book showing how weak a woman can be, Danielle Steel has accomplished it in this one. I cannot even force myself to be sympathetic to this poor girl's situations. Seriously. She loses her father then moves in with his editor and close friend. She falls in love with him and they get married despite their age difference. She winds up leaving him for someone closer ...more
Ajla
Aug 26, 2015 Ajla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Yes, the cover is beautiful and the writing style is easy to read, but the actual story pissed me off in so many ways. I won't blabber about specific plot details since I don't want to spoil anyone but the characters (especially the main heroine, Bettina) were so unconvincing and there was a tone of instalove in this book. It was also super easy to predict what was about to happen.
Anyways, I have a lot of Danielle's books on my shelf, that I'm looking forward to reading so I hope the others wil
Hussein
Mar 22, 2013 Hussein rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So far, I read 3 novels for Danielle Steel (Loving, Star and The Long Road Home) and I can't tell the difference between them. they all have the same plot and similar main character whose a female suffers in her life. this may refer to a weakness in the character and weakens the image of woman in general.

There should be more activities for the secondary characters or at least let another character takes bigger part in the novels.
Tina
Jul 25, 2011 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enough already! How stupid can the main character be? She just kept jumping into one relationship after another; marry, divorce, marry, divorce, etc. Can't figure out why Danielle Steele would create such an empty-headed character; she wasn't given any intelligence at all. The book just barely earned the three-star rating. I was very disappointed; not up to snuff for a Danielle Steele story. Not a book I would recommend.
Halcyon
Jun 10, 2014 Halcyon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
I only skimmed this story because of the summary since I couldn't believe Danielle Steel would go there, and yes, she does.

(view spoiler)
Christi
Jan 08, 2011 Christi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started out loving the book. As I continued to read, I began to dislike it, then I cried over it, then I liked it again. However, by the time it was over, I don't believe this will be a book I will read again. It was an interesting book, just not exactly my style.
Allen Kelley
Feb 03, 2015 Allen Kelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good lord this woman went through men like wildfire!
Maria João
Aug 07, 2016 Maria João rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meu, 2014
Num dia em que tive de passar a noite acordada aproveitei para ler um livro que andava por lá perdido e que eu também tinha no caso de não o conseguir terminar poder fazê-lo em casa. Não foi necessário, só o pousei depois de ter terminado.
Independente dos preconceitos que algumas pessoas possam ter contra esta autora eu continuo a gostar dela. Acho que consegue contar uma história de amor. Sim já se sabe que tudo vai terminar bem por mais voltas que a história dê. Já sabemos que a personagem pri
MamaErra
Jan 20, 2010 MamaErra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Siapa tak kenal Danielle Steel? Namanya sudah cukup terkenal di kalangan penggemar novel. Namun bagi aku, inilah kali pertama aku berkesempatan untuk mengulas novel karyanya walaupun agak banyak juga novel-novelnya telah aku baca sebelum ini.

Bettina Daniels, anak kepada penulis terkenal Justin Daniels merupakan seorang gadis belasan tahun yang cantik menawan serta hidup dalam kemewahan dan kemasyhuran bapanya. Namun begitu kehidupannya berubah secara mendadak apabila Justin meninggal dunia. Bett
Julie Barrett
Sep 26, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving by Danielle Steel
Bettina has just lost her father, a millionaire who's given her everything she's ever wanted.
The family friend, Ivol Stewart helps her sell all the houses around the world and other items and now she has to pay back his debts and there's not much left.
She planned to go to a woman's shelter til she gets a job and a more permanent place to stay.
Love the details of the items, very descriptive and I can't even imagine seeing never mind having these items in my hands.
He starte
Kim Bardon
Jul 27, 2016 Kim Bardon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kathy Troy
Recommended to Kim by: Joan Troy
A story that will have you frustrated, upset, crying and laughing with every turn of the page. A sad story of a girl that has everything and suddenly her whole world is turned upside down at the age of 19! At each stage you think "well what else can go wrong" and suddenly you are gasping at the horror for what she goes through next! I really enjoyed this book. No matter what life throws at you, never give up.....
Kwenadi
Nov 11, 2013 Kwenadi is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Bettina Daniels lived a fairytale existence of glamour, endless parties, and luxury among America's top celebrities--simply because she was the beautiful daughter of famous American author Justin Daniels. Then, in one moment of tragedy, her father was dead, and Bettina discovered the truth--he had spent every dime he'd ever earned and run up millions in debt. At eighteen, penniless and alone, she had lost everything except her father's dearest friend, Ivo Stewart. A wealthy, handsome publisher o ...more
Neha Azhar
What on earth happened in this book. God. How can someone write a book like that? How can a woman herself write such painful book about a woman. This was utter garbage for me. I hate this book. I'll hate Danielle Steel until I read any of her decent books. And unfortunately Loving is my first Danielle Steel book and I am NOT fangirling over her books for a while. The only thing I actually liked about her book was her writing style. The story, the characters, everything was garbage. I just finish ...more
Clara
May 27, 2015 Clara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book but the crazy life the character led seemed a little too much for me. Maybe I'm coming off of some really good books and this was unbelievable. I like happy endings so that was nice but the roller coaster ride was too much for me.
Victoria Evangelina Belyavskaya

~WANT MORE DEPTH~

This is my first book by Danielle Steel, and while I see why she is such a famous writer (the story many women can easily relate to; beautiful descriptions; a light profound moral at the end) this book left me wanting for a deeper insight into Bettina's mind and heart, her relation to the world around, her newly-found strength. The accidental marriages she had underline just how insecure she was, and it's a great mirror for many ladies who are on the edge of saying YES! when dee
Diane Wachter
PB-B @ 1981, 3/86. When a wealthy man dies, his 18 year old daughter discovers that he spent everything and left her with millions in debt. His 62 year old friend marries her to get her out of this predicament. Unbelievable fluff.
Manon Bohrer de Kreuznach
Oct 15, 2013 Manon Bohrer de Kreuznach rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
Toolan
Mar 13, 2015 Toolan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life is full of mistake. Grown up. A story full of emotions, love, upset - miscarriage, a hell delivery, disappointment, ambition and dreams ;)
Zakaria
The end was so abruptly shocking for me, I was beginning to have hope for her future when she was about Olli Paxton, he is the real deal for her, no one else, she was about to fulfill his dreams as well as hers, finally settling down with him and finish a happy life. I didnt like the end as it might have been more interesting to demonstrate how good end can happen. All in all, the story was great, but the character was always in trouble till the end.
Javeria Dar
Beautifully written. The story keeps on giving you unexpected outcomes. A surprising love life of Bettina.
Christine
Sep 04, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Steel, again has wrote a book that you cannot put down then wish it hadn't finished
Miracle Runtu
Mar 10, 2016 Miracle Runtu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most favorite!!!
Julie
Oct 11, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok
Georgette
A good read for the most part. 3/4 way through it got predictable and started to lose interest. But the majority was worth the read.
Brandy
Jan 29, 2012 Brandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was good but you wonder while reading it - how much more can this poor girl take (Bettina) 4 marriages! It's like she gets taken advantage of over and over and never learns her lesson. I wish her father was alive longer in the book, we needed more background on her and why she was the way she was. Overall, a pretty good book.
Tara
Feb 01, 2011 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It started off so sad and then it got really good. Had lot of twists and finally turned out in a way that was good for the main character. It kind of reminded me of the book she wrote "The Ring" because of the multiple husbands/divorce/miscarriages. But it was a great book.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Loving 1 2 Nov 20, 2012 03:12AM
what was disturbing about this book 3 24 Apr 08, 2012 11:48PM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Danielle Steel
  • First Impressions / Blithe Images
  • Portraits
  • Tangled Vines
  • Christmas at the Cove (Templeton Cove, #4)
  • Prelude to Reveille:  A Vietnam Awakening
  • Gypsy
  • Brumby's Run
  • Texas Fury (Texas, #3)
  • Jessica (Springwater, #5)
  • Father's Day
  • Variation on a Theme
  • Lost Yesterday
  • Dream a Little Dream
  • Blue Moon
  • Stakeout for Love
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...

“can rent a bed. It’s either” 0 likes