Start by marking “American History 1: A Survey (w/Powerweb)” as Want to Read:
American History 1: A Survey (w/Powerweb)

American History 1: A Survey (w/Powerweb)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Highly-respected for its impeccable scholarship and elegant writing style, American History: A Survey provides students and instructors with a comprehensive account of the American past in which no single approach or theme predominates. From its first edition, this text has included a scrupulous account of American political and diplomatic history. Today, however, the book ...more
Published May 29th 2003 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages (first published December 28th 1979)

To ask other readers questions about American History 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American History 1

Taylor Troncin
This book probably would have gotten a higher rating had my professor used the book correctly. The professor I had did not use the book greatly... From my own glancing through the book the text seemed boring. However, since history is not my major I probably have a skewed views as to how a history book should be laid out.
zltg
The flow of poetic language is admirable. The perspective is well balanced, but sympathetic to the left. A great introductory survey of American history. Amazingly well written.
Elizabeth
Apr 02, 2014 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those interested in an overview of American History.
Recommended to Elizabeth by: My hilarious history professor.
Shelves: school
I haven't read tons of history books, but this one is really interesting and pretty clear and easy to read! I'm keeping it after I'm done with my history class.:-)
Michael K. McCool
Michael K. McCool marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Aneta
Aneta is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2014
Chloe
Chloe added it
Sep 13, 2014
Wcsims
Wcsims added it
Jun 21, 2014
Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
Mar 01, 2014
Lacole
Lacole added it
Feb 23, 2014
Devan Raj
Devan Raj marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Erik Manning
Erik Manning marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Shallon
Shallon is currently reading it
Oct 16, 2013
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Andrea
Andrea added it
Sep 01, 2013
Taylor
Taylor added it
May 17, 2013
Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin & the Great Depression The End of Reform: New Deal Liberalism in Recession and War The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century Franklin Delano Roosevelt American History: A Survey (w/Primary Source Investigator/Powerweb)