Start by marking “At Peace in the Light: The Further Adventures of a Reluctant Psychic Who Reveals the Secret of Your Spiritual Powers” as Want to Read:

In At Peace in the Light, Dannion Brinkley continues his unique spiritual exploration that began in his phenomenal national bestseller, Saved by the Light, where he revealed the two near-death experiences that left him with an extraordinary sense of perception. Here Brinkley describes, with absolute candor, his struggle to become accustomed to his disorienting psychic abil ...more
Published July 9th 1996 by HarperTorch (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about At Peace in the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Peace in the Light

Louise
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Dannion Brinkley's second novel about his near death experience and the work he has done since. I found the first novel a little better as this one tended to repeat alot of the info. from the first one. Still, it was an interesting read.

From back cover:

"Dannion Brinkley continues his unique spiritual exploration that began in his phenomenal national bestseller, 'Saved by the Light', where he revealed the two near death experiences that left him with an extraordinary sense of perception. Here Bri
Annica
Jun 30, 2014 Annica rated it really liked it
Shelves: informative
I probably should have given this book 5 stars because it was well written, easy to read and, based on the author's experience, with which I cannot argue not having any knowledge on the subject, it is very informative.

What I like:
It has no religious connection. This is what happens to everybody regardless of their religious beliefs. No "you were not a good [insert religion] and therefore you're going to hell".
It is encouraging. We all will be taken care of in the after life.
The life review. Yes
Eden
In total Dannion Brinkley has had three near-death experiences. The first in 1975 and the second in 1989, both of which are covered in this book and his first book, Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received.

After having his first near-death experience, Dannion Brinkley was a changed man. And this book continues his journey after having his first two near-death experiences.

I read the first book only a week or two ago and loved it. It is a
Tania
Mar 29, 2009 Tania rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-friends
quotes#575694 from my notebook

Dying people don't have much time or energy to talk. Yet more than anyone else, they have a deep need to wrap up issues in their lives. By using my psychic issues to get issues and feelings out in the open, I could help the dying and their loved ones face things that had bothered them for years, and thus heal psychological wounds before their deaths.
As I sat there with my friend Peyser, I knew that his life was ending. At the same time, I knew that mine was beginnin
Mary
Feb 12, 2014 Mary rated it liked it
interesting
Marianne Jay
Jul 19, 2009 Marianne Jay rated it did not like it
I read a lot of books about death, dying, the other side, etc. However, this book was absolutely ludicrous.

Beings of Light????????? It sounds like he was taken up on a space ship.

I'm sorry, I think Mr. Brinkley needs to be examined by a doctor. I can't believe this book actually sold any copies.

I couldn't even finish it.
Polly
Jun 16, 2010 Polly rated it really liked it
The author had 2 near death experiences. Beings of Light told him what he had to do. It was pretty interesting. I would recommend it.
Michael
Apr 03, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
I like his first book Saved by the Light better, but this book was still very good. I enjoyed learning more about his experiences.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Kaia
Kaia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Enrico
Enrico rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Deborah Caporale
Deborah Caporale rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Bea Trisha
Bea Trisha rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Azriel
Azriel rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Sadie Rita
Sadie Rita marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Maria Monti
Maria Monti rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Rylan Winward
Rylan Winward marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Jenn Culp
Jenn Culp marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Kathy Anspaugh
Kathy Anspaugh marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Kristy Patterson
Kristy Patterson rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Julie Poole
Julie Poole rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Zerihun Meshesha
Zerihun Meshesha marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dannion Brinkley is an American author who described two near death experiences (NDEs) in his 1994 book Saved by the Light. He is also a hospice volunteer, speaker, and prominent figure in the New Age and New Thought Movement.
More about Dannion Brinkley...