Start by marking “At Peace in the Light: The Further Adventures of a Reluctant Psychic Who Reveals the Secret of Your Spiritual Powers” as Want to Read:

In At Peace in the Light, Dannion Brinkley continues his unique spiritual exploration that began in his phenomenal national bestseller, Saved by the Light, where he revealed the two near-death experiences that left him with an extraordinary sense of perception. Here Brinkley describes, with absolute candor, his struggle to become accustomed to his disorienting psychic abil ...more
Published July 9th 1996 by HarperTorch (first published November 23rd 1995)

To ask other readers questions about At Peace in the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Peace in the Light

Louise
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Dannion Brinkley's second novel about his near death experience and the work he has done since. I found the first novel a little better as this one tended to repeat alot of the info. from the first one. Still, it was an interesting read.

From back cover:

"Dannion Brinkley continues his unique spiritual exploration that began in his phenomenal national bestseller, 'Saved by the Light', where he revealed the two near death experiences that left him with an extraordinary sense of perception. Here Bri
Eden
In total Dannion Brinkley has had three near-death experiences. The first in 1975 and the second in 1989, both of which are covered in this book and his first book, Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received.

After having his first near-death experience, Dannion Brinkley was a changed man. And this book continues his journey after having his first two near-death experiences.

I read the first book only a week or two ago and loved it. It is a
Annica
Jun 30, 2014 Annica rated it really liked it
Shelves: informative
I probably should have given this book 5 stars because it was well written, easy to read and, based on the author's experience, with which I cannot argue not having any knowledge on the subject, it is very informative.

What I like:
It has no religious connection. This is what happens to everybody regardless of their religious beliefs. No "you were not a good [insert religion] and therefore you're going to hell".
It is encouraging. We all will be taken care of in the after life.
The life review. Yes
Tania
Mar 29, 2009 Tania rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-friends
quotes#575694 from my notebook

Dying people don't have much time or energy to talk. Yet more than anyone else, they have a deep need to wrap up issues in their lives. By using my psychic issues to get issues and feelings out in the open, I could help the dying and their loved ones face things that had bothered them for years, and thus heal psychological wounds before their deaths.
As I sat there with my friend Peyser, I knew that his life was ending. At the same time, I knew that mine was beginnin
Marianne Jay
Jul 19, 2009 Marianne Jay rated it did not like it
I read a lot of books about death, dying, the other side, etc. However, this book was absolutely ludicrous.

Beings of Light????????? It sounds like he was taken up on a space ship.

I'm sorry, I think Mr. Brinkley needs to be examined by a doctor. I can't believe this book actually sold any copies.

I couldn't even finish it.
Polly
Jun 16, 2010 Polly rated it really liked it
The author had 2 near death experiences. Beings of Light told him what he had to do. It was pretty interesting. I would recommend it.
Michael
Apr 03, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
I like his first book Saved by the Light better, but this book was still very good. I enjoyed learning more about his experiences.
Enrico
Enrico rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it liked it
May 05, 2009
Richard Mitchell
Richard Mitchell rated it did not like it
Nov 26, 2016
Judi
Judi rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Pete
Pete rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Gwendolyn Layton
Gwendolyn Layton rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2014
Miss Ruff
Miss Ruff rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Lynnette Weaver
Lynnette Weaver rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
Raquel
Raquel rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Octavius
Octavius rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Lorena Medius
Lorena Medius rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
David
David rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2009
Laurie Owen
Laurie Owen rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2008
Pearlie
Pearlie rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2007
Julie Poole
Julie Poole rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Jason Fowler
Jason Fowler rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2011
Jmgoldberg
Jmgoldberg rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Bridge
Bridge rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2007
Lisa Romanek
Lisa Romanek rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2007
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dannion Brinkley is an American author who described two near death experiences (NDEs) in his 1994 book Saved by the Light. He is also a hospice volunteer, speaker, and prominent figure in the New Age and New Thought Movement.
More about Dannion Brinkley...