Start by marking “Around Again” as Want to Read:
Around Again

Around Again

When Robyn Panek is summoned by her ailing uncle Pal to operate his pony ring for one final season on his Massachusetts farm, her years away form the vacation spot of her youth seem an unbridgeable gap. But she is pulled by forces stronger than memory to piece together the events of that last childhood summer -- when a dark mystery swirled about her friend Lucy Dragon. The ...more
Published July 30th 2002 by Washington Square Press (first published June 26th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Around Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Around Again

Sue
Feb 18, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Susan, Kristen
Shelves: by-authors-i-met
Simply wonderful. It's made extra-special for me because the author is local to western MA, and sets this story in Ware, referencing a lot of actual places and lore. Also, because I'm half Polish, I appreciate the stories she writes that incoporate Polish-American life, which this one does especially well.
Margaret
Aug 06, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2006
I loved this book! Robyn seemed like a real person and I loved her relationship with the ponies. And Pal & Victory reminded me of relatives of mine. The plot had some good twists & turns and I thought the ending was very touching.
Apr 12, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the descriptions, but I might be partial to it since I live in the area the book is set in and can really picture the setting. I thought the ending was unexpected and interesting (also probably unrealistic, but lots of books are)
Rianna Rowsell
Aug 24, 2016 Rianna Rowsell rated it really liked it
I'm not sure how to categorise this book. I can't say I enjoyed it, but I couldn't put it down. It certainly made me cry. It was a compelling story, unfolded slowly, told beautifully. I want a pony!
Leanne Sarubbi
Nov 17, 2010 Leanne Sarubbi rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2010
I would have liked this book better if at times it hadn't felt like the author was writing for children. Some of the descriptions felt somewhat condescending. I think the author should expect more out of her readers. Overall, it was okay. An enjoyable, light read.
Dee Kohler
Aug 27, 2016 Dee Kohler rated it liked it
Sweet little story takes place on a New England farm in the 1970s. About childhood, betrayals, disappointments, redemption and forgiveness
Sue
Apr 13, 2013 Sue rated it liked it
Really 3.5 stars but an enjoyable read. Somewhat predictable but a meaningful story. Especially a fan of Shea's narrative and scene depiction.
Angela
Jan 14, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it
This has to have the best ending I have ever read in a book! This is the first book I have read from this Polish author and will read more.
Kelly
Jun 25, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
I like Shea. Her books never disappoint me. This is about second chances. We all know the story well, but Shea writes sweetly.
Tara  Rugg
Sep 10, 2008 Tara Rugg rated it it was ok
This was ok...but I didn't enjoy it as much as Becoming Finola. I had a hard time getting through it.
Wendy
Oct 19, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it
Small story about Robyn, who loved her family's farm in Massachusetts, where once a "crazy" girl boarded and did something that changed Robyn's life forever.
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2008
PWRL
Jan 07, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Babs
Babs rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2008
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Robin Allard
Robin Allard rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2014
Kristenfalsocapaldi
Kristenfalsocapaldi rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Franny Burd
Franny Burd rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2008
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2009
Bonnie Tharp
Bonnie Tharp rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2010
Naomi Young
Naomi Young rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2011
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2010
Diane M
Diane M rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2009
Jhcarneygmail..Com
Jhcarneygmail..Com rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2010
Amanda
Oct 01, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Another great one filled with scenes of beautiful New England.
Gail
Jul 25, 2013 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Loved this book! Nice summer read.
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Suzanne Strempek Shea is the author of five novels: Selling the Lite of Heaven, Hoopi Shoopi Donna, Lily of the Valley, Around Again, and Becoming Finola, published by Washington Square Press. She has also written three memoirs, Songs From a Lead-lined Room: Notes - High and Low - From My Journey Through Breast Cancer and Radiation; Shelf Life: Romance, Mystery, Drama and Other Page-Turning Advent ...more
More about Suzanne Strempek Shea...