Start by marking “The First Epistle to the Corinthians” as Want to Read:
The First Epistle to the Corinthians

The First Epistle to the Corinthians (The New International Commentary on the New Testament)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Gordon Fee's work on I Corinthians is a contribution to The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Prepared by some of the world's leading scholars, the series provides an exposition of the New Testament books that is thorough and fully abreast of modern scholarship yet faithful to the Scriptures as the infallible Word of God.
Published July 10th 1987 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company (first published July 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The First Epistle to the Corinthians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Epistle to the Corinthians

David Smiley
This commentary is a masterpiece! Fee always knows how to leave both the layperson and the scholar satisfied. I bought a copy for a course I took on the Corinthian letters. I keep going back to it time and time again for great material to preach and teach on. I HIGHLY recommend anyone who is studying the Bible (preachers, students, long time scholars, and laypersons...pretty much everyone!) to go out and buy a copy. You will not regret it!
Luke Evans
This is an example of how commentaries should be. Excellent.
Mike Hyatt
Good but get's weird when it comes to roles of men and women.
Dan
Jul 15, 2012 Dan added it
This is an outstanding commentary on First Corinthians. Fee balances the excesses on either side of the sign gift controversies. He offers some intriguing new insight into speaking in tongues. Though I consider myself well grounded in understanding the phenomenon, I discovered what I consider to be an error in my prior understanding. Outstanding book, carefully exegeted.
Joe Woodard
Few people will actually be able to read this entire book. However, I was able to work through a good amount of it. Fee is pretty incredible in his insight and interpretation of 1 Corinthians. He also has A LOT of great practical application for today's church.
Радостин Марчев
Шедьовър! Най-доброто разглеждане на 1 Коринтяни, което съм чел.
Jay
Best commentary on 1 Cor, no contest.
Noah Stepro Stepro
Best commentary I've ever read...period
Matthew
A heavy read, but worth it. He leaves nothing undone.
Jessica Naomi
Oct 08, 2012 Jessica Naomi marked it as to-read
confuse...???
Brad
Brad is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
Johnny Wilson
Johnny Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Angel Seven-one
Angel Seven-one marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Brian French
Brian French marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Joshua Morrison
Joshua Morrison is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Abbey Farley
Abbey Farley marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
  • The Epistle to the Romans
  • The Book of the Acts, Revised
  • The Letter to the Ephesians
  • The Gospel according to John (Pillar New Testament Commentary)
  • The Message of Acts: The Spirit, the Church, and the World (Bible Speaks Today NT)
  • Romans (Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament, #6)
  • Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
  • The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
  • Dictionary of Paul and His Letters: A Compendium of Contempoary Biblical Scholarship
  • Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • Evangelical Dictionary of Theology
  • Genesis: Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching
  • Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek
Gordon Fee is Professor Emeritus of New Testament at Regent College, where he taught for sixteen years. His teaching experience also includes serving schools in Washington, California, Kentucky, as well as Wheaton College in Illinois (five years) and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Massachusetts (twelve years).

Gordon Fee is a noted New Testament scholar, having published several books and
More about Gordon D. Fee...
How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth New Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour Paul, the Spirit, and the People of God Paul's Letter to the Philippians

“Truly Christian conduct is not predicated on whether I have the right to do something, but whether my conduct is helpful to those about me.” 0 likes