Ravyn's Flight (Jarved Nine #1)

Ravyn's Flight (Jarved Nine #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A PASSIONATE JOURNEY

Ravyn Verdier was the communications specialist on a mission to test the habitability of Jarved Nine. Damon Brody was the commander sent to rescue her when the rest of her team was mysteriously killed. Trapped on a planet that harbored an unimaginable evil, they must depend on one another, trust each other explicitly.

An abandoned city held the key to th...more
Published November 1st 2002 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Ravyn's Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravyn's Flight

Mcvane
Jane Stewart
Ok for science fiction, but too light on romance for me.

It reminded me of a star trek adventure. I was expecting more romance and would have preferred more. Instead, it was primarily about an evil alien on a far away planet who could use mind control over humans and then kill them. Two humans are on the run, trying to escape from the alien.

CAUTION SPOILERS:
The humans later learn that by using their own psychic powers and the power of love they could prevail over the alien. I didn't like three as...more
SheLove2Read
Re-read Jan 2011

Original review: 1/2010
This is the 1st book in O'Sheas Jarved 9 series. Very very good and explained a few things that I was somewhat confused about in Eternal Nights. I'm an absolute sucker for a rescue storyline and this had every element that made it good: lone survivor, hunky alpha rescuer, unbelievable danger, intense passion and a good storyline.

My ONLY problem with the book was that the heroine is described as having brownish black hair and in her mid 20s with the hero bei...more
Rachel
This book is romance meets Aliens (the Sigorney Weaver variety.) There are parts of this that are downright scary. I loved it and I'm going to read the whole series!
Melissa
Even readers who don't normally go for futuristics (like me) will be completely drawn into this story from the very first page and will (also like me) be unable to put it down. Fast-paced, vivid and original, Ravyn's Flight is the very best that the genre has to offer. The elemental conflict of one couple versus an unknown killer is riveting-- I bit my fingernails to nubs during the first couple of chapters! The narrative is rich and compelling; the characters are charming and believable; you ca...more
Kathryn
Aug 25, 2010 Kathryn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of paranormal romance with a hint of dangerous suspense
Recommended to Kathryn by: bookworm@pixiemouse.com
I love this book and have read it many times. It had a great sense of danger mixed with the immediate attraction of the main characters. I have this in paperback but desperately want it for my kindle, sadly very few of Patti's books have been released here in the UK in kindle format, I hope this changes very soon.
Meril
it just got so ridiculous in the last 90 pages that I almost put it aside. I hate it when books don't show their true ridiculousness until I put in a great deal of time in reading it. (in short--sf goes to paranormal-land, which I didn't really expect)
Jill
I think I was feeling generous when I gave this book a four-star rating. It was an enjoyable read. There was a little more romance than I like in my sci-ri romance, though. It's a keeper, but I think it deserves more around a 3 to 3.5 rating.
Melindeeloo
This was a decent twofer romance (well maybe a romance and a half romance).
Sonya Heaney
This cover is so inappropriate for the story!
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Susana
Susana added it
Sep 06, 2014
Joy Thompson
Joy Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Camille Williamson
Camille Williamson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Angarad
Angarad marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Nationally bestselling author Patti O'Shea has won numerous awards for her writing and been nominated for many more. Her books have appeared on the Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, and Borders bestseller lists and have earned starred reviews in prestigious publications such as Booklist.
More about Patti O'Shea...
Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3) The Power of Two (2176, #4) In the Midnight Hour (Light Warriors, #1) Dark Awakening (A Crimson City Novella) In Twilight's Shadow (Light Warriors #2)