Dragon Lord
read book

Dragon Lord

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Raina had never been employed as a 'domestic', but she was gung ho to try anything once, however unnerving and 'strange' she found the occupants of the remote island estate. Foreigners, she thought, with strange eyes, unfamiliar ways, and an even more alien language .... Very alien.

As unnerving as she found the dark, devastatingly handsome, and infinitely mysterious Simon...more
Published 2007

Daisiemae
May 18, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fellow Romantica Lovers...This book was great
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Julie (JJ) who started my Kaitlyn O'Connor Addiction
Does Kaitlyn O'Connor write a bad book? I am really beginning to doubt that she has. This book had a different feel for me than the previous ones I had read of hers. If I had to describe it I would say it was more romantic and definately more emotional than some of her other books. This book had me laughing one moment and tearing up the next...that is a well written storyline in my opinion.

Raina has had to work hard to survive. Being on her own since she was 16, she has worked the odd jobs to pr...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 11, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Daisiemae and hot dragon lovers!!
Shelves: erotica, 2008-reads
I thoroughly enjoyed this futuristic erotic tale. If you are offended by explicit sexual situations and multiple sex partners, then avoid this book. Another keeper for me!!

Raina knew there was something strange about her new employers. They were all over 6 1/2 feet tall, built, and incredibly hot! There was also something strange about their eyes...

Simon Draken is a king living in exile from his home planet. He's biding his time and recovering from a devastating defeat and personal loss. When he...more
ValerieC
I will read this one again...

This was one of the better Kaitlyn O'Connor stories I've read. It has a much better ending than most of them.

Raina is hired as a housecleaner for the mysterious Simon Draken and his bodyguards, who live on an island in a mansion. Naturally, romance blooms between Raina and the troubled widower Simon.

Raina is also befriended by Audric, Simon's half-brother, who has fallen for her in a big way, but knows that she will never love him as much as Simon.

What Raina doesn...more
Wyrdness
2.5 stars.

This isn't necessarily a bad book so I award it an extra half star, but it definitely wasn't for me. It was far too heavy on the "s/he doesn't love me!" miscommunication thing and, like always, that was because at no point did the characters ever bother to talk about their real feelings. I just don't have any sympathy for stupid characters wallowing in their self-made angst for hundreds of pages when a paragraph of dialogue would sort it out.

There was some sort of space plot inbetween...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Great plot and keep me interested. Not too keen on certain aspects of the story but enjoyed it just the same.
Jacqueline
Not only a great SFR read but a very well written and totally enjoyable book all around. This is the story of a human woman who goes to work for a group of aliens who have been exiled to Earth. She falls in love with the exiled Prince but also has feelings for his illegitimate half brother who is also one of his guards. The brother is used to his brother drawing all the attention from women. They have both been in love with the same woman before, the Prince's murdered wife. The illegitimate brot...more
Carolyn F.
I don't know who does most of this author's covers but they're not doing a very good job. This cut and paste with the head is done very poorly and the head is much too big for the body.

Now the book itself was really good. This author has such a talent of getting the essence of the heroine and almost every single one of her books the heroines are so completely different. Raina has had a rough life and finally has settled for a job as a housecleaner because she's unable to find a job in any of th...more
Stefany
I really liked this book. I have to say though that I felt really bad about Audric. I felt like he never really got his happy ending.
Kimchi
Confused and a little disappointed. I thought this book was funny and great until everyone started losing their mind. The story is great , Simon is on the verge of losing his mind when in walks Raina she is everything he wants and starts to lift his spirit. Somehow they come together to create something big. All of a sudden i'm turned for a loop there is another love interest she is just as in love with him as she is with the lead male character and they are just nuts. I loved Simon and Raina to...more
Angarad
Totally loved it. Raina was just so funny and sensitive without forgetting stubborn!!! She was so real you couldn t help but love her. I would have love to read more about her, Simon and Audric and about their world. It would have been the ice on the cake but we can still do without. Great read
Elisha

I truly enjoyed the story line and found myself literally laughing out loud at the banter between the characters. The only downfall I noted was the over use of foul language. Great read!
Jules
Entertaining. My first read by this author. Will look forward to the next one!
Susan Marie
this one had a bit more angst and sorrow
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Alyisa
Alyisa added it
Apr 06, 2014
Leslie Reno
Leslie Reno marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Mar 31, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Rei Tan
Rei Tan marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
  • Conquest: Earth
  • The Rogue Prince (Lords of the Var, #4)
  • Starkissed
  • Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Promises to Keep (Gaian Stories #1)
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Wolf
  • Captured
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Captive Surrender (Beast Planet, #1)
  • Passion Model
  • Zeraac's Miracle (Fallon Mates, #2)
  • No Fear (Trek Mi Q'an, #5)
  • Alien Mate 3 (Alien Mate, #3)
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
Stats:
■Kaitlyn has written and completed nearly 140 intellectual properties under several pen names in different genres.
■She has written over 8,000,000 (yes, more than 8 million!) words in published works.
■She has nearly 50 partials in various genres in various stages of completion. :0
■In 2004 she wrote 27 different stories which, together, amounted to nearly a million ‘printed’ words.
■Howeve...more
More about Kaitlyn O'Connor...
Genesis (Enslaved, #1) Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #2) The 9th Orb Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #1) Cyborg Nation (Cyberevolution, #3)