Start by marking “Dragon Lord” as Want to Read:
Dragon Lord

Read Book

Dragon Lord

Raina had never been employed as a 'domestic', but she was gung ho to try anything once, however unnerving and 'strange' she found the occupants of the remote island estate. Foreigners, she thought, with strange eyes, unfamiliar ways, and an even more alien language .... Very alien.

As unnerving as she found the dark, devastatingly handsome, and infinitely mysterious Simon
Published April 2007 by New Concepts Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Lord

Daisiemae
Apr 12, 2008 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fellow Romantica Lovers...This book was great
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Julie (JJ) who started my Kaitlyn O'Connor Addiction
Does Kaitlyn O'Connor write a bad book? I am really beginning to doubt that she has. This book had a different feel for me than the previous ones I had read of hers. If I had to describe it I would say it was more romantic and definately more emotional than some of her other books. This book had me laughing one moment and tearing up the next...that is a well written storyline in my opinion.

Raina has had to work hard to survive. Being on her own since she was 16, she has worked the odd jobs to pr
Becky
This is definitely one of her better books! It was fast paced and pretty funny. I loved the characters and am extremely happy with the way the book ended!
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 11, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Daisiemae and hot dragon lovers!!
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
I thoroughly enjoyed this futuristic erotic tale. If you are offended by explicit sexual situations and multiple sex partners, then avoid this book. Another keeper for me!!

Raina knew there was something strange about her new employers. They were all over 6 1/2 feet tall, built, and incredibly hot! There was also something strange about their eyes...

Simon Draken is a king living in exile from his home planet. He's biding his time and recovering from a devastating defeat and personal loss. When he
ValerieC
I will read this one again...

This was one of the better Kaitlyn O'Connor stories I've read. It has a much better ending than most of them.

Raina is hired as a housecleaner for the mysterious Simon Draken and his bodyguards, who live on an island in a mansion. Naturally, romance blooms between Raina and the troubled widower Simon.

Raina is also befriended by Audric, Simon's half-brother, who has fallen for her in a big way, but knows that she will never love him as much as Simon.

What Raina doesn
Wyrdness
Mar 10, 2014 Wyrdness rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
2.5 stars.

This isn't necessarily a bad book so I award it an extra half star, but it definitely wasn't for me. It was far too heavy on the "s/he doesn't love me!" miscommunication thing and, like always, that was because at no point did the characters ever bother to talk about their real feelings. I just don't have any sympathy for stupid characters wallowing in their self-made angst for hundreds of pages when a paragraph of dialogue would sort it out.

There was some sort of space plot inbetween
Pamela(AllHoney)
Jun 07, 2008 Pamela(AllHoney) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Pamela(AllHoney) by: Marion
Great plot and keep me interested. Not too keen on certain aspects of the story but enjoyed it just the same.
Spuffed
I'm a little bit all over the place with this book. I liked it enough to stick with it. Found some very wonderful parts that I enjoyed; found the beginning a bit slow and I was kinda clueless as to what was going on; found the middle to be most pleasant but not very sensical; and the ending to be pleasant but a little uncomfortable.

Quick Rundown: Chick needing a job, applies for a maid position on a privately owned island and finds herself among the mysterious owner surrounded by serious lookin
Kizi
A lot could had been solved faster by talking to each other. For that reason 4 stars.
norcalgal
Mar 24, 2016 norcalgal rated it it was ok
“Dragon Lord” was one of those novels that had moments of good storytelling, but just not enough of them.

I’m the type of reader who liked my heroines to be a kick-ass female, rootable female, and although Raina had flashes of spunk and gumption, they were overwhelmed (especially in the beginning of the story) by her feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. It also didn’t help that after her encounter with Simon in his bedroom, Raina was so over the top overwrought with emotion – more than the
Kym
Oct 16, 2014 Kym rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, fantasy
Surprise surprise! I actually like it. Well a little more than liked. I am beginning to love this author.

Raina has become the center of a love triangle that is doing no more than bringing the past to the light. Simon and Audric has been down this road. The only difference is that Simon will finally see a way to fix the pain he once brought to his brother. Between the three, their love is strong no matter how difficult it may be at times.

Emperor Simon Draken lost his love Evangeline and daughte
Renee
Jacqueline
Not only a great SFR read but a very well written and totally enjoyable book all around. This is the story of a human woman who goes to work for a group of aliens who have been exiled to Earth. She falls in love with the exiled Prince but also has feelings for his illegitimate half brother who is also one of his guards. The brother is used to his brother drawing all the attention from women. They have both been in love with the same woman before, the Prince's murdered wife. The illegitimate brot ...more
Claudia
Jan 03, 2015 Claudia rated it really liked it
This book had a different feel for me than the previous ones I had read from Kaitlyn O'Connor.

It had more romance, more feelings and pretty well written.

Raina was on her own since she was 16, she has worked different jobs to provide for herself. She finds a job as a housekeeper at an estate close to the sea and meets her new employer.

Simon Draken coming from another world, that is recovering from the loss of his wife and child. He is hiding and waiting on earth for the right time to reclaim hi
Brenda (b)
I loved Audric and was pleased to see him included in the resolution. Even though I really liked this book, there were a few things that pulled me out of the story and kept me from rating it higher. First, poor editing. I try not to let this effect my enjoyment of reading since it seems to be more prevalent nowadays. However, there were enough words omitted and what appeared to be odd words leftover from changes made that they caused me to question meanings and irritated me too much. Next, durin ...more
Carolyn F.
Jul 17, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
I don't know who does most of this author's covers but they're not doing a very good job. This cut and paste with the head is done very poorly and the head is much too big for the body.

Now the book itself was really good. This author has such a talent of getting the essence of the heroine and almost every single one of her books the heroines are so completely different. Raina has had a rough life and finally has settled for a job as a housecleaner because she's unable to find a job in any of th
Brutally Honest
Dec 17, 2016 Brutally Honest rated it it was ok
Ugh, I didn't enjoy this book. At all.

Raina: uh, you're literally living paycheck to paycheck and you still pull all kinds of bullshit on a job? I'm sorry, wtf?? She was bitchy, annoying, and completely unprofessional.

And honestly wtf was up with just ignoring Audric for 90% of the book and just leaving him hanging.... I just... I don't get it. Simon was also just a fucking idiot, unable to identify an enemy who was literally HIS BROTHER, when the exact same thing had happened to him before.....
Kimchi
Sep 25, 2012 Kimchi rated it liked it
Confused and a little disappointed. I thought this book was funny and great until everyone started losing their mind. The story is great , Simon is on the verge of losing his mind when in walks Raina she is everything he wants and starts to lift his spirit. Somehow they come together to create something big. All of a sudden i'm turned for a loop there is another love interest she is just as in love with him as she is with the lead male character and they are just nuts. I loved Simon and Raina to ...more
Angarad
May 13, 2013 Angarad rated it it was amazing
Totally loved it. Raina was just so funny and sensitive without forgetting stubborn!!! She was so real you couldn t help but love her. I would have love to read more about her, Simon and Audric and about their world. It would have been the ice on the cake but we can still do without. Great read
♂♀♂ Mary's Menage Reviews ♥♥♥

love love love this story.

a must and re-read. a true keeper!
Jules
Jan 11, 2013 Jules rated it liked it
Entertaining. My first read by this author. Will look forward to the next one!
ValerieC
This is the same book as 'Dragon Lord' B00OFKHXWE

Cannot find any box set.

She's republished this book at least 3 times, so look carefully.
Elisha
Aug 05, 2012 Elisha rated it really liked it

I truly enjoyed the story line and found myself literally laughing out loud at the banter between the characters. The only downfall I noted was the over use of foul language. Great read!
Susan Marie
this one had a bit more angst and sorrow
Cheri
Dec 12, 2014 Cheri rated it liked it
Meh. Didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would. The heroine annoyed me too much. Also wasn't a fan of the medieval dragon royalty mixed with scifi elements. Still a fan of this author.
Stefany
I really liked this book. I have to say though that I felt really bad about Audric. I felt like he never really got his happy ending.
Anne
Jan 03, 2009 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2014-bir
Definitely not one of my favorites by this author. The first half (or more) was pretty slow and boring. When they went to the other place, things got a bit more interesting.
Belinda
Belinda rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Rennegade Hunter
Rennegade Hunter rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2015
Kimar
Kimar rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2014
  • Conquest: Earth
  • Night Raven
  • Dragon Blood
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals, #1)
  • Dragon Summons (Sector Guard, #8)
  • Draco (Accidental Mates #1)
  • Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3)
  • Captured
  • Unbridled (Centaur Chronicles, #1)
  • The Katres' Summer (The Soul-Linked Saga , #3 )
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed #2)
  • Passion Model
  • Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2)
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Promises to Keep (Gaian Stories #1)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
Stats:
■Kaitlyn has written and completed nearly 140 intellectual properties under several pen names in different genres.
■She has written over 8,000,000 (yes, more than 8 million!) words in published works.
■She has nearly 50 partials in various genres in various stages of completion. :0
■In 2004 she wrote 27 different stories which, together, amounted to nearly a million ‘printed’ words.
■Howeve
More about Kaitlyn O'Connor...