Start by marking “Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)” as Want to Read:
Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)

Suite 606 (In Death #27.5)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  4,840 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
Suite 606
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published November 4th 2008 by Berkley (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Suite 606, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suite 606

Julie (jjmachshev)
Oct 30, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
How in the heck do I rate "Suite 606"? This is a collection of four paranormal romantic suspense stories by four different authors, and I had four very different reactions.

First up (and the overwhelming reason to buy this sucker) is J.D. Robb's "Ritual in Death". Here we're treated to the latest doings of Eve and Roarke. When the glittering society party Roarke and Eve are attending is interrupted by the appearance of a very nude, very bloody man with a knife, Eve thanks whatever god is watching
Micky Cox
Jun 20, 2016 Micky Cox rated it it was ok
This is a collection of short stories that all have ghostly or supernatural connotations to them. I picked up the book to read the first story which was a novella from the In Death series by JD Robb and it was very interesting. While it won't kill the series if you miss it, it is entertaining. Most of the stories were entertaining, but I just wasn't that into them. It took me forever to finally read all the stories in the book as I kept picking up other books that were more interesting. If you h ...more
Cyn Armistead
Aug 17, 2008 Cyn Armistead rated it did not like it
I only read the story by J.D. Robb. I glanced at the other three, but they're primarily romance stories, which do NOT interest me.

The whole point of these little anthologies is to introduce readers who enjoy an established author's work to other, similar authors, right?

I know that J.D. Robb is a pen name for Nora Roberts. I know that the stories she publishes as NR are romances. If I saw an anthology anchored by an NR story, I'd expect it to be full of romances.

However, I don't read the NR stuf
BeParticular
Mar 10, 2016 BeParticular rated it it was ok
I read this because I am addicted to the Eve Dallas series by J. D. Robb. That story was good, but limited by the short 85 pages. I've never read the other authors before and I realize they too were dealing with space limitations. But Mary Blayney's story actually managed to be extremely boring and tedious in a mere 79 pages. Ruth Ryan Langan's story was plain awful. The main character is supposedly the best homicide detective, specializing in closing cold cases, that his department has ever see ...more
Peejay Who Once Was Minsma
Like all of the anthologies in this series by J. D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Ruth Ryan Langan, and Mary Kay McComas, the Robb and McComas stories are the best—and the chief reason I buy these books. Robb because I'm a long time fan, and McComas because she has a wonderful flair for character and puts them into some cleverly imaginative stories. I really wish she wrote more, but alas, these anthologies seem to be her main output. The Blayney and Langan stories are sometimes okay, but not generally muc ...more
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Jan 04, 2009 Sarah ~Sehrenity~ rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Barely readable. The only story I was able to finish was "Ritual in Death" by J.D. Robb, and even then I felt short changed. Eve was just surly (well, more than usual), and poor Roarke was reduced to silliness.

I found the writing of "Love Endures" by Mary Blayney very poor, and the characters were all unlikeable. If this story is representative of her writing, I will not pick up any more.

"Cold Case" by Ruth Ryan Langan was somewhat better, and the story was interesting, but I found the emotional
crayolaab
Jan 15, 2009 crayolaab rated it did not like it
I'm marking this as fantasy, though I don't think that's quite the right category. It's a set of four novellas/short stories all involving "Suite 606" in some fashion. I picked this up because it has an Eve Dallas story by J.D. Robb, which is a pen name of Nora Roberts'. This is a series about a cop in the future, so far I haven't read any of these books but I have been curious. I thought a short story would be a good way to sample it.

Well, I enjoyed the J.D. Robb story but the other three were
Mo
Feb 22, 2009 Mo rated it it was ok
JD Robb's Eve Dallas story (Ritual In Death) was the main reason I read this compilation. Love that series.

Mary Blayney's Love Endures fell flat for me in regards to both the characters & the storyline. And the mention of the magic coin... I think this story was a play on one she might've had in a previous compilation I've read.

Ruth Ryan Langan's Cold Case was lame. Didn't care for the characters or the storyline.

Mary Kay McComas' Wayward Wizard started out slow but somewhat redeemed itsel
Nancy
Sep 16, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Again, an anthology with one good one, one ok and the rest throw-away. The JD Robb was up to her standard. I can't figure why she publishes with other writers.

The last one by Mary Kay McComas was at least worth the first read and it was cute how she tied all the others to her story.

The one by Mary Blayney was terrible. We are supposed to have heard of some centuries-old mythical room, "Suite 606" where fantasies come true. STUPID, BADLY WRITTEN!!!

Ruth Ryan Langan's - not much better. The only t
Cybercrone
Dec 06, 2016 Cybercrone rated it it was ok
Here again the Robb story was great, but the others weren't really up to much. Notas bad as those in the last anthology I read with (I think) all the same writers.
And this one had the added problem of everyone having to work a "suite 606" into the story and it seemed artificial and forced.
I can't decide whether it's Robb that comes up with these strange ideas and much less readable authors or her editor or publishing company, but from here on in I'm not even going to try and read the others.
Jan
Sep 05, 2015 Jan rated it it was ok
I brought this book thinking it was a J.D. Robb book, however it is a collection of short stories, with three other authors, Blayney, Langan and McComas. Of course I enjoyed the first short story, as it was a Lt. Eve Dallas story. The others, were o.k. not my cup of tea. Fast read.
Liza Wiemer
A great novella in the In Death series
Tonya Coleman
Oct 17, 2016 Tonya Coleman rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I loved the J.D. Robb story!
Emily
Jun 04, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok
The only novel worth reading in this anthology is J.D. Robb's.
Cris
Robb's Eve Dallas story was good, but all the other stories were truly terrible. I'm so glad I didn't buy this book.
Diana
Sep 16, 2009 Diana rated it it was ok
The only story I enjoyed out of this was the J.D. Robb; everything else was a waste of time.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was just okay for me. I borrowed the book just so I could read the JD Robb novella. Not memorable at all.
SF_Reads (Mod)
May 28, 2009 SF_Reads (Mod) rated it did not like it
for the love of all this is holy Nora Roberts please stop publishing your wonderful novellas with the rest of this pablum as it fills me with an unholy rage.
Susan Kosel
Aug 01, 2016 Susan Kosel rated it did not like it
The first story by J. D. Robb wasn't so bad. The other three were terrible and contrived.
Penny
Nov 20, 2008 Penny rated it did not like it
Only the first story is great. The others are just o.k.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Kristina Simon (StormyScribe)
I enjoyed the J.D. Robb In Death story, but I really didn't like the others.
Gina
A great anthology!

Ritual in Death by J.D. Robb ~ While attending a fancy party, Eve and Roarke are thrown into another mystery when a stranger, naked and covered in blood head to toe, holding a knife in his hand, stumbles into the room from down the hall. But Jackson Pike doesn’t remember what happened, and the more he tries, the more the pain in his head becomes intolerable. Other witnesses are like Pike: unable to remember and too much pain. But that doesn’t stop the team from bringing down th
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Suite 606 (in death)

4 books about dark magic. Eve and Roarke at a party and naked man covered with blood which lead to the murder in one of Roark's hotel. All story are good you love them.
Debbie
Nov 03, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
This is an anthology with four stories there for basically four reviews. It seems a bit long but it covers all four stories as individuals.
Ritual in Death by J.D. Robb
When a naked stranger covered in blood and holding a knife crashes a party, lieutenant Eve Dallas goes into action. Along with her husband Roarke, the owner of the hotel that the party is taking place in, they try to unravel not only who the stranger is but where all the blood came from. Finding a body in Suite 606 added the qu
Maura
Jill
Suite 606 contains 4 short stories, two of them are very entertaining, while two are just abysmal. Therefore a rating of 2.5
J.D. Robb did another amazing job with Eve Dallas in "Ritual in Death". Only 85 pages, yet a fully fleshed out story with suspense, love, and a little ass-kicking. I would love to spend a day in Eve Dallas's shoes.
The next two stories by Mary Blayney and Ruth Ryan Langan were convoluted, confusing and just all around awful. In one story a conniving liar never feels remorse
Cherise
Nov 07, 2008 Cherise rated it liked it
This is a novella containing 4 short stories from 4 different authors.

Ritual In Death by J.D. Robb – This is the 33rd book (when including novellas) in the In Death Series, taking place shortly after the events in Salvation in Death. While at a swanky party Homicide Lt. Eve Dallas and her husband Roarke become aware of a grizzly murder that has taken place on scene.

This is my favorite story in the book, no surprise there. I like any story where Eve is forced to step outside of her carefully dra
Cherisse
Feb 01, 2012 Cherisse rated it liked it
LibraryLass
Mar 22, 2009 LibraryLass rated it liked it
J.D Robb's Ritual in death - 4 stars - awesome as per usual, but too short

Mary Blaney's Love endures - 3 stars - good. I liked all the characters in this one. Summer was not too wimpy (just a bit). It did have the standard 'mis-understanding cos of no communication' thing going on which has stopped me from reading historical romance (which used to be my absolute favourite) for the last 8-9 months.

Ruth Ryan Langan's Cold case - 1 star - could not like this one no matter how I tried. I did not lik
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
  • Naked Came the Phoenix
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Moonglow
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • Fantasy (Includes: Leopard People, #1; Midnight, #0.5)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)