Start by marking “What Your Doctor Doesn't Know about Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You” as Want to Read:
What Your Doctor Doesn't Know about Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You

What Your Doctor Doesn't Know about Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The impact of nutritional medicine has had a dramatic and controversial--but documented--impact on the lives of Dr.Strand's patients and can now change readers' lives too.

When Dr. Ray Strand found himself in a losing battle, unable to successfully treat his wife who had suffered chronically with pain and fatigue, he agreed to try the regimen of nutritional supplements that...more
Published May 15th 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about What Your Doctor Doesn't Know about Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You

Jodi
This book is excellent and provides information that we all need about our health, and how and why vested interest groups are negatively affecting our health in various ways.

It also explains why the information on health and treatments by the media and government is not all that it seems.

This book is a great introduction to the topic of nutrition, health and supplements for the beginner. It is well written and well put together and provides a great basic overview of many vitamins and other nutri...more
Taleanski
It's alright I guess. The book breaks down the medical part very well for lay people to read, that bit I like. Yet I can't help but feel that because he's in the business of selling the nutritional products (or at least has an affiliation with companies that sell them), he may be biased. Do a google search on him and you'll be able to find out that he used to be on USANA's medical advisory board, and later went to another company called ARIIX. Of course, this can be a chicken-and-egg situation....more
Harley
Highly recommended for anyone concerned about their health and the rising number of serious diseases. If you want to be able to live a full and healthy life to a ripe old age, make sure this book, if not a part of your library, is at least on your list of books you've read VERY THOROUGHLY. Take lots of notes, and go ahead, buy those supplements you know you need to take. They just may save your life.

The great thing about this book is that it doesn't bash current medicine, but instead aims to com...more
Barbara Leckie
This book is contains information that your family doctor likely will not give you regarding using food and supplements to help ease certain diseases and conditions. It is certainly worth a try and makes total sense for people with heart disease, diabetes, chronic fatigue, etc. to give Dr. Strand's suggestions a try. Really glad I read this book!!
Mark Conwell
Nov 15, 2007 Mark Conwell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
I have worked in healthcare for ten years and some of the things this books said opened my eyes. I could not find anything to argue with in this book and I am usually playing the devil's advocate. I actually read this book after I read "Death by Prescription". I shared this book with my boss, who is an endocrinologist and she said this book has a lot of merit. Dr. Strand offers an objective point of view to the value of "nutritional medicine" as a form of complimentary medicine. If you read this...more
This is a facinating book - kind of a shocking title, but its really very basic. The amount of enviromental stress (of all kinds and levels) we as modern (americans) put ourselves through is staggering. Most chronic/degenerative conditions are caused at a fundamental level by oxidative stress, which produces free radicals, which cause damage to all parts of the body. Nutiritional supplements can help prevent and protect against that damage. I'm convinced! You can skim thourhg many of the chapter...more
Terri
Very informational and true to the point. I am a firm believer that pharmaceuticals causes extreme side effects that would eventually require additional pharmaceutical medication to remedy. Therefore, the best way is via natural remedies and supplementation. I know firsthand what these natural elements can do for the human body based on my witnessing of a VERY VERY extreme situation that later converted to a stable condition.

This book is HIGHLY recommended.
Fatima Rafat Qadri
As a nutritionist I found myself being overtly critical while reading the book. Dr. Ray has done a remarkable job in amalgamating the realms of medicine and nutrition. I agree with his take on the pharmaceutical industry since I have been a long believer in natural and complementary medicine. This book renewed my trust in the role nutrition plays in preventive medicine. A must read for anybody who wishes to improve the quality of their life.
Angela Squires
This book emphasizes the importance of nutritional supplementation to help prevent--and in some cases reverse--the chronic degenerative diseases which are our nation's top killers today. Written by a Christian doctor who changed his mind about nutritional supplements after seven years of research and many changed lives.
Salwa
i think the book is amazing. Supplements are important. My mum had a breast cancer. But i always remind her to keep on consuming supplements especially her powerful antioxidant..Revenol. One of the ingredients is tumeric..which proven powerful to fight free radicals..as suggested by the doctor in the famous private hospital.
Maria Calhoun
Great book!!! This edition was from 2002 so I'm hoping he has since changed his thoughts on fat, soy, and corn. Also what he thinks the daily iud of vitamin D should be (500? Really, that's all?). I Would highly recommend for anyone with ailments or who want to prevent horrible diseases before they surface.
Julie
"Through my research I learned that the strongest defense against these diseases is our bodies’ own natural antioxidant and immune systems. These are far superior to any drugs I (the doctor) can prescribe." Pg 8
"I have no doubt that God is our true Healer." Pg 34
Carel
The title is a little wierd, but I can't argue with his premise that nutrition is premiere to our health. . . I didn't know anti-oxidants played such an important role. (so now we take the CoQ10 & grapeseed extract :-)
Howard
Excellent, it teaches me what I don't know and corrects me what I thought I know.
The knowledge helped me to help others to be healthier.
I'll say it is in the category of "Must Read".
Sandra
Doctors deal with diseases not proactive solutions to problems. It's always better to not get things by knowledge.
Cindy
It has honestly changed my life. I've started adding vitamin supplements to my diet thanks to Dr. Strand's book!
Krissy
Very informative. Know more and dig deeper about the your body's natural antioxidants and its natural healing power. :)
Heather
My physician urged me to buy and read this book, I'm on chapter five. It makes a lot of sense.
Katie Q
This is a wow book for those who regularly use prescribed medications.
Merida Marston
great, easy read. concise with great information. only the tip of the iceberg.
Wendyd
Excellent book for everyone who wants to improve their health.
Clinton
Sep 02, 2008 Clinton rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Clinton by: Store
Very good basic information on keeping healthy in America.
Norabaha Rudin
Empowering and health enhancing information
Ramakrishna
A must read to understand about nutrition
John
Very interesting, difficult to follow at times.
De'Shawn
Good book. Lots of killing for a doctor.
Ramakrishna
A good book to understand Nutrition
Healthy for Life: Developing Healthy Lifestyles That Have a Side Effect of Permanent Fat Loss Death by Prescription: The Shocking Truth Behind an Overmedicated Nation Releasing Fat: Developing Healthy Lifestyles That Have a Side Effect of Permanent Fat Loss Bionutrition: Winning the War Within- The Amazing Health Benefits of Vitamin Supplements Living by Design: Discovering the Spirit Soul and Body Connection