Start by marking “Vildanden” as Want to Read:
Vildanden

Vildanden

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  4,426 Ratings  ·  125 Reviews
This 1884 masterpiece may have had its genesis in the hostile reception Ibsen-widely regarded as the father of modern realist drama-had received from the Norwegian public and critics for Ghosts, which gave theater-goers a larger dose of truth than most were willing to bear. His next three plays - "The Wild Duck", "An Enemy of the People", and "Rosmersholm" - focused on the ...more
Published 1976 by Gyldendal Norsk Forlag (first published 1884)

Mariel
Feb 21, 2013 Mariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a lonely man doesn't laugh so easily
Recommended to Mariel by: William Gaddis and Thomas Bernhard
If he loves The Wild Duck and he wishes he had written it, he wants to be Ibsen for just that moment, and dedicate his play to someone who's been kind to him, is that lying? It isn't as bad as people doing work they have no respect for at all. Everybody has that feeling when they look at a work of art and it's right, that sudden familiarity, a sort of... recognition, as though they were creating it themselves, as though it were being created through them while they look at it or listen to it and
Bushra
مسرحية ممتعة ومحيرة..
في البداية توقعت انني فهمت المغزى ثم كلما تقدمت في قراءتها وجدت أنه يقصد شيئاً آخر ثم آخر..
أترك لكم متعة اكتشافها وتأمل تفاصيلها..
Vigdis
Jul 30, 2015 Vigdis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hørte Radioteatrets innspilling fra 1952. Liker disse! Fin måte å komme seg gjennom Ibsen på uten å måtte slite med flaue filmatiseringer fra 90-tallet eller se moderniserte versjoner på Nationaltheatret og ikke minst uten å måtte lese det, spør du meg, ganske så kjedelige språket til Ibsen, som gjør seg langt bedre fremført av 50-talls-skuespillere enn i hodet mitt.

Om selve stykket klarer jeg bare å si dette akkurat nå: Og jeg som trodde Thorvald i Et Dukkehjem var en dritt, han kan ikke måle s
سمر محمد

ليه كده -_-
من كل الاعمال اللي المفروض اقراها اختار البطة البرية عاشان اقراها وتكون اخر حاجة اقراها قبل بداية السنة الجديدة
نشنت يعني :/

احم نرجع للريفيو

للمرة الثانية مع اعمال هنري إبسن بعد بيت الدمية
كانت ختام عام 2014 مع مسرحية البطة البرية
مسرحية جميلة ونهايتها غير متوقعة نهائياً على الرغم من أحداثها البديهية الواضحة في البداية
ولكنها لم تكن بروعة "بيت الدمية" بالنسبة لي

قد تكون الفكرة كلها في هذه الجملة
"ان الحياة محتملة لو تخلصنا من هؤلاء الدائنين الملاعين الذين ياتون إلينا ملحين في تقديم م
NocturnalBlaze
Il tema centrale di questo dramma in cinque atti è senza dubbio quello della verità, sia come concetto contrapposto alla rassicurazione delle bugie che come valore più alto, elemento necessario per vivere in maniera completa. Eppure, le conseguenze della verità si dimostrano tragiche, esemplificando ancora una volta - poiché questo è un concetto centrale all'interno della produzione di Ibsen - come conoscere la realtà dei fatti non sia sempre liberatorio come può sembrare nella teoria, ma, anzi, ...more
Ben
Aug 04, 2016 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this work, and I'm not quite sure that I am able to write a very thoughtful review at this time, but I'll attempt it. I read this just after finishing A Doll's House, which was my first encounter with Ibsen, and one that I enjoyed very much. This work is much darker in tone and it is perhaps because it rattled me so much with its tragic ending that I lean more toward giving it 4 stars rather than 5 -- but then I also think that for the work to have so affe ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Vildanden = The Wild Duck, Henrik Ibsen
عنوان: مرغابی وحشی: همراه با مقدمه در باره ایبسن و رئالیسم؛ نویسنده: هنریک ایبسن؛ مترجم: بهزاد قادری؛ یدالله آقاعباسی؛ تهران، مرکز هنرهای نمایشی، 1372، در 207 ص؛ چاپهای بعدی در سال 1387، نشر نغمه زندگی؛ در 176 ص؛ و در تهران، بیدگل، 1394، در 2222 ص، شابک: 9786007806173؛ موضوع: نمایشنامه های نویسندگان نروژی قرن 19 م
عنوان: مرغابی وحشی: تراژدی در پنج پرده؛ نویسنده: هنریک ایبسن؛ مترجم: اصغر رستگار؛ تهران، نشر فردا، 1379، در 174 ص؛ شابک: ایکس - 964632830؛
Ericpegnam Pegnam
The most poetic of Ibsen's prose plays and I think his masterpiece in that form. It makes me wish I could read Norwegian because there is likely more there than one can understand through english translation. Its beautifully structured play filled with subtle details. This is one of Ibsen's least didatic plays and it is important not confuse Ibsen's point of view with what his characters say.

What's most amazing is how Ibsen suggests the innerworkings of individuals families and their friends and
Melissa
Oct 10, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-school
What did I just read O.o
Carolina
Apr 28, 2016 Carolina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O Pato Selvagem é uma análise e crítica à sociedade, com um olhar especialmente focado na classe social baixa que, de certa forma, não se apercebe de que está perdida e que precisa de ajuda. Os elementos em questão vivem quase que uma ilusão que criaram para si mesmos de que vivem da melhor forma possível. O que há de errado nas suas vidas "não é assim tão mau" porque "há pior", e o facto de haver pior quase que invalida qualquer coisa que possa estar mal.
Por outro lado, é também criticada a "fe
Dawn
Apr 20, 2015 Dawn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, read-2015
Do people such as Gregers still exist? Can anyone be naïve enough to think that the unvarnished truth is always better then misconception? I have always thought that there is a time and place for the truth and a time to just let it go. In the case this play portrays, I have a hard time thinking that any of these secrets were Gregers to tell and think he was being willfully naïve in order to get back at his own father. I can’t see him as an idealist man but rather as an extremely selfish one. Ver ...more
Rolls
Jan 08, 2009 Rolls rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a truly beautiful play. I had no idea Ibsen had such range as a writer. I thought all he wrote about was scandal, suicide and S.T.D.s. in big bold capital letters. I thought he was all booming thunder like a Wagnerian opera and here we get the dazzling lightness of a Mozart sonata. This play is full of sadness and loss but it also has humor and ultimately forgiveness. It is now one of my favorite plays ever.
Pedram
Jan 22, 2017 Pedram rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nourhan
Well, another collage recommendation, ehhhh!!
However, I read it wearily, this play hits an important point. It really cares about "Ordinary People" who want to live life as it is without any mess or change that may turn it upside down.
"Take the saving lie from an average man, and you take his happiness away, too"
Briefly, Stable life for Hjalmar was the saving lie; when Gregers disclosed the truth of Gena, everything went wrong."
Hjalmar is a weak-character that can not face the reality so he li
Rebekka Reed
Lest 1 og 1/2 gang

En og en halv måned etter at jeg begynte på Villanden, klarte jeg endelig å fullføre den. Jeg synes det er et godt skrevet skuespill med god bruk av symboler og frempek. Også mange gode replikker som får deg til å tenke.
Likevel kan jeg nok ikke si at dette er det mest underholdene jeg har lest. Hadde det ikke vært for at jeg allerede hadde lest en kortversjon og jobbet mye med teksten i skolesammenheng, tror jeg ikke jeg ville fått så mye ut av den. Ettersom den ble skrevet for
zeinab
Feb 18, 2016 zeinab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أنه أبسن ياساده
أبو المسرح الحديث.....رفيق المهنه كونه صيدلانيا
أشهد لك يا سيد أبسن ان مسرحياتك كلها حتى الآن تمس شغاف القلب كلها واقعيه تناقش حياة اجتماعيه
البطه البريه ثالث قراءة لك
يأتيها المرأه لاتخدعى رجلا اعلميه بكل ماله حق فى ان يعلمه أذا كان يريدك سيفهم وإذا كان لايفهمك لأننى لسة بحاجه إليه
فما بالك أذا كنت تخدعيه ف طفل وحياه تراه سيغفر......الاجابه عصى نفسك مكانه

ولكن ياسيدى ابسن مازالت بيت الدميه ذات المكانه الأعلى فى قلبى
Steven
Dec 05, 2013 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ibsen's best and 1 of the greatest plays of all time, in which Ibsen most successfully and poignantly explores his grand theme of the conflict between an absolute morality laid down by scripture and the damage such inflexible morals inflict on good, but human people, who have made a mistake in their youth, gone on to build decent lives and then have everything self-destruct on them, when their old sin comes to light...
Adina
Jun 10, 2015 Adina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much darker than the other play I read by him, The Doll's House. The main questions in this play are: how far should one go in pursuit of the truth and how much should somebody interfere with someone else's life in order to "save that person'. I thought the ending was the only way this play could have ended.
Aase Maren
Oct 29, 2012 Aase Maren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I watched the play for a project in 10th grade and I absolutely loved it. Definitely a book you read multiple times to fully understand everything.
Kevin
Mar 05, 2015 Kevin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gregers egy pozitív szereplő. Gregers. Én. Vagyok. Szándéketika emberek, nem következmény!
Nishant Chauhan
This drama presents a continuum between the opposing values of the Ideal and the Real world. How a beautiful and deceitful life collapses by just a blink of truth. Henrik Ibsen's quote “Rob the average man of his life-illusion, and you rob him of his happiness at the same stroke.” summed up the entire play. A man's moral character can be completely sapped; that is the dreadful part of it. The Climax of this play has shown the failure of applying pure principles to inappropriate situations. Parap ...more
Kate
Dec 14, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The notes introducing "All My Sons" pointed me definitively toward this play. I found it almost novelistic in its attention to details of set decoration and backstory: the production that was taking place in my mind was sumptuous! Evidently Ibsen was concerned that it would be played as satire --!! Impossible for me to see how; I found the characters tragically human.
Ef Grey
Dec 03, 2016 Ef Grey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Buď jsem si odvykla číst divadelní hry (trapas) nebo jsem to úplně nepobírala, ztrácela se v ději, v postavách, úplně všude (ještě větší trapas). Každopádně jsem si to chtěla přečíst a až pak jít na to do divadla. Přecejen mi to tam bude dávat větší smysl a musím souhlasit s anotací, že spíš si otázky kladete než abyste na ně dostávali odpověď.
Carlos
Jan 19, 2017 Carlos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, plays
On curious tale/play on the pursuit of truth at all costs and the price of idealism. A nice enough read.
Mary Kelly
Jan 04, 2017 Mary Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sad and sordid tale, of a would be "good man" bringing destruction instead of enlightenment. A fine example of the road to hell being paved with the best of intentions.
Matthew
Jul 31, 2014 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wild Duck is something of a curiosity in Ibsen's career in that its central message appears to contradict the ethos that Ibsen usually espouses. What are we to make of a play in which the most sensible character (admittedly a dissolute drunkard) suggests that if you take the life-lie away from the average man, you take away his happiness?

Ibsen's plays usually involve tragedy caused by lies and he espouses the need for more truthful relationships. Yet here we have a play in which the exposur
Realini
Feb 15, 2015 Realini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The Wild Duck by Henrik Ibsen
Extraordinary work

This is an exhilarating play.
Even if it does fit the paradigm which was written by Somerset Maugham, I did enjoy The Wild Duck very much.
There is a quandary, for I am not sure how to write about this work without giving in any details about the terrible events.
One way is to place a spoiler alert and then a potential reader is warned about anything he may find here that he does not already know.
The other tempting option is to go right ahead, since th
Gale
Jun 13, 2016 Gale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
PLUMBING THE DEPTHS OF A POISONOUS MARSH

THIS STARK PLAY, WRITTEN AT THE END OF IBSEN’S MIDDLE PERIOD, REPRISES SIMILIAR THEMES: A PHLANDERING FAMILY MAN, AN ESTRANGED FATHER AND SON, AND THE QUESTIONABLE PARENTAGE OF A MAID’S DAUGHTER. CURIOUSLY ENOUGH THE TITLE CHARACTER--A WOUNDED WILD DUCK, TEMPORARILY TAMED AND LIVING IN AN ATTIC—IS NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN ON STAGE, JUST REFERENCED IN MANY CONVERSATIONS AND POSSIBLY HEARD QUACKING.

ACT ONE REVEALS OLD WOUNDS AND THE REASON WHY THE EKDAL FAMILY
Richard
Sep 18, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: powys-100
Incredibly powerful and moving drama, which has a hold on you long after you finish reading. Very much an insight into human behavior. He’s a bit godless, but accurately reflects the human meddler with claims of the ideal.
CatarinaCosta
Apr 25, 2016 CatarinaCosta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
It is a type of play I am still trying to figure out. There's happiness, that happiness is disrupted, and in the end someone dies for there to be peace. Yet, I am sure there isn't peace after death.

The reader is given a possible, an ambiguous ending, and he is expected to believe the characters will continue with their lives by putting the tragedy aside... Everything about this sounds odd. The author makes it sound like if there is an obstacule in someone's life, it has to be eliminated. And wh
Public Play House: Wild Duck 5 13 Aug 27, 2013 10:04AM
  • The Three Sisters
  • Sexual Perversity in Chicago & The Duck Variations
  • Becket
  • The Way of the World
Henrik Johan Ibsen was a major Norwegian playwright largely responsible for the rise of modern realistic drama. He is often referred to as the "father of modern drama." Ibsen is held to be the greatest of Norwegian authors and one of the most important playwrights of all time, celebrated as a national symbol by Norwegians.

His plays were considered scandalous to many of his era, when Victorian valu
More about Henrik Ibsen...

“Rob the average man of his life-illusion, and you rob him of his happiness at the same stroke.” 23 likes
“Men are funny characters, they must always have something to bemuse them.” 3 likes