Start by marking “Loving Each Other” as Want to Read:
Loving Each Other

Loving Each Other

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  722 ratings  ·  31 reviews
In this exploration of loving and living, bestselling author Leo Buscaglia addresses the intricacies and challenges of love relationships. He asks such important questions, as: How do we best interweave our lives with our loved ones? Do we change our way of relating depending on the circumstances: If we fail in one relationship, can we succeed in others? In this exhilarati ...more
Published March 12th 1986 by Ballantine Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Each Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Each Other

Blink by Malcolm GladwellOutliers by Malcolm GladwellFreakonomics by Steven D. LevittPredictably Irrational by Dan ArielyThe Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
Greatest Psychology Books
417th out of 487 books — 573 voters
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee1984 by George OrwellAnimal Farm by George OrwellThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Giver by Lois Lowry
Books that Changed My World View
112th out of 194 books — 250 voters

More lists with this book...

Lily Pilly
I felt moved, inspired and a little more loved and loving. Leo's way of looking at life only enhances my attempts to live my life in a more mindful way.
Martine
This was not my first Buscaglia book that I read. He's from an Italian family and is very demonstrative in expressing his emotions. This book was helpful for me at the time I read it since my childhood memories are from a volatile and dysfunctional family, so I relished reading books where the families were loving and open.
Steve Sapato
Leo makes reaing a real joy. Sharing is experiences and life and travels. I know you will enjoy all of Leo's books, tapes or CD's.
Ziyanda Xaso
This is one of the best books on relationships I've read, and I have read a lot! I love Leo's informal and simple, yet effective, style of writing. The book is an amazingly easy read, the ideas presented are simple to grasp, yet not simplistic. The book flows easily from one topic to the next and I love how he introduces the topics in the beginning of the book as well.

One of the first things he tackles is the "and they lived happily ever after" myth - one of the most tragic sentences in literatu
Catherine Madry
This is a great self-help book for people who are having problems loving through communication, in honesty, in forgiveness,in joy, in letting go,and in intimacy. Many people are afraid to commit to actually loving each other. The lessons learned is intended to help you show love, tenderness, compassion, caring, sharing, and thereby relating to each other using our most vital human behaviors.

Most people lived their lives without using these qualities. Although they may have the best of health, t
Μαρία
"Η τρυφερότητα αναδύεται από το γεγονός ότι τα δύο πρόσωπα,επιθυμώντας,όπως και κάθε άλλο άτομο,να ξεπεράσουν το χωρισμό και την απομόνωση,καταστάσεις που όλοι κληρονομούμε,ακριβώς επειδή είμαστε άτομα,μπορούν να συμμετάσχουν σε μια σχέση που,προς το παρόν,δεν αποτελείται από δυο απομονωμένους εαυτούς,αλλά από μια ένωση."
"Η ευτυχία είναι το μεγαλύτερο κατόρθωμα του ανθρώπου.Είναι η ανταπόκριση της ολοκληρωμένης προσωπικότητάς του προς έναν παραγωγικό προσανατολισμό προς τον εαυτό του και τον έξω
Vampiregirl14
Dr. Buscaglia has rightly asserted that not many books have been written about relationships. This easy-to-read book deals with all the facets that constitute healthy relationships. While Dr. Love does not limit the relationships to women-men, and he includes our closest relationships (parents, children, etc.), his prescription for loving one another is broken down into categories (intimacy, jealousy, etc.) and is a fairly quick read. Anyone who is in a love-based relationship ought to read this ...more
Jazzie
This was one of the first books I bought from my own school allowance. It was a great read. I still get to reread it every time I would have questions about relationships. We are all social beings, whether we like it or not, we need to relate with other people in order to live our lives to the fullest.

One of my favorite lines in this book is,
" What you learn about yourself will infinitely help in trying to understand others."
Joyzi

This is a gift given to me by my new friend. She gave this to me for my birthday. Although I'm not really a fan of self-help books particularly about love, this book is quite helpful and tolerable. It's a short read and it's a nice break from reading a lot of books about law. :)
Donna
I have read several of Leo's books and Iove them all! I really enjoyed this book.
Holly
I enjoy all of his books. A mentor of my life.
Mark Fallon
Re-reading this beautiful book reminded me of how important the loving relationships are to me.
Ariyanna
Amazing, insightful, inspiring.
Emily
Apr 23, 2008 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like this subject
Recommended to Emily by: me
An old amigo -- I can pop this author's works open, and they will speak to me, anytime. I might let them rest for awhile...then read read read, or maybe just briefly 'peek'.
Useful tool of a book. At least, works for me :)
Ballpeendash
Jul 27, 2008 Ballpeendash rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ballpeendash by: The Stop and Shop parking lot
I found this book in a stop and shop parking lot...I believe I was on my way to a psychologist at the time. I took it as a sign. Not a bad book...the style just seems a tad outdated at this point.
Corinne
This is a really old book that I happened to check out because it was recommended by another author I really liked. It was a quick read and had some great tips mainly for a marriage relationship.
Marilu
Lei este libro hace mucho años, pero recuerdo muchas de las reflexiones acerca de como establecer relaciones interpesonales mas saludables.
Jen
It was good, but I was not as impressed as I thought I'd be by Leo's musings. Maybe I'll have to read some of his other stuff.
Steve Sapato
AN excellent book about how love changes you and the people you touch. Leo Buscaglia is a wonder and I enjoy all of his swork.
Mike Lester
Feb 16, 2013 Mike Lester marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
See my review for I Hate Other People's Kids for the reasoning behind this selection. Think I'll go for the audio on this one....
Marlee
This book is easy to read and mostly positive. I enjoyed most of it. It was mostly encouraging. It was an easy, quick read.
Krys
Awesome book! I read it when I was single and now again with my husband. A must read for healthy relationships!
Daylynn Foster
This was very valuable. He said things I didn't know or realize. Easy to read, too.
Lisa Sellers
Another great book - see Living, Loving, Learning for the details.
Meg Foglietti
Leo Buscaglia is so insightful and a joy to read!
Melinda
Good advice for loving relationships.
Covenant Presbyterian Springfield Ohio
Call Number: 158 BU

Checked Out.
cel de Jesus
Sep 29, 2007 cel de Jesus rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
love in different perspectives..
Leighann
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World II
  • The Silent Passage: Menopause
  • Creating Love: The Next Great Stage of Growth
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
  • Gifts from Eykis
  • Addiction and Grace: Love and Spirituality in the Healing of Addictions
  • The Elements of Grammar
  • The Be Happy Attitudes
  • Emotional Chaos to Clarity: How to Live More Skillfully, Make Better Decisions, and Find Purpose in Life
  • The Way to Love
  • Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Towards Spiritual Growth
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a
More about Leo Buscaglia...
Living Loving and Learning Love The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: A Story Of Life For All Ages Personhood: The Art of Being Fully Human Bus 9 to Paradise

“When we give ourselves in love we become our most vulnerable. We are never safe. We become open to disappointment and hurt.” 60 likes
“When you love someone you do not love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity; when the only continuity possible, in life as in love, is in growth, in fluidity - in freedom” 47 likes