Start by marking “Loving Each Other” as Want to Read:
Loving Each Other

Loving Each Other

In this exploration of loving and living, bestselling author Leo Buscaglia addresses the intricacies and challenges of love relationships. He asks such important questions, as: How do we best interweave our lives with our loved ones? Do we change our way of relating depending on the circumstances: If we fail in one relationship, can we succeed in others? In this exhilarati ...more
Published March 12th 1986 by Ballantine Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Each Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Each Other

Ziyanda Xaso
Mar 20, 2012 Ziyanda Xaso rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books on relationships I've read, and I have read a lot! I love Leo's informal and simple, yet effective, style of writing. The book is an amazingly easy read, the ideas presented are simple to grasp, yet not simplistic. The book flows easily from one topic to the next and I love how he introduces the topics in the beginning of the book as well.

One of the first things he tackles is the "and they lived happily ever after" myth - one of the most tragic sentences in literatu
Martine
May 03, 2009 Martine rated it it was amazing
This was not my first Buscaglia book that I read. He's from an Italian family and is very demonstrative in expressing his emotions. This book was helpful for me at the time I read it since my childhood memories are from a volatile and dysfunctional family, so I relished reading books where the families were loving and open.
Steve Sapato
Aug 11, 2011 Steve Sapato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leo makes reaing a real joy. Sharing is experiences and life and travels. I know you will enjoy all of Leo's books, tapes or CD's.
Catherine Madry
Jun 26, 2013 Catherine Madry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great self-help book for people who are having problems loving through communication, in honesty, in forgiveness,in joy, in letting go,and in intimacy. Many people are afraid to commit to actually loving each other. The lessons learned is intended to help you show love, tenderness, compassion, caring, sharing, and thereby relating to each other using our most vital human behaviors.

Most people lived their lives without using these qualities. Although they may have the best of health, t
Μαρία
Oct 24, 2012 Μαρία rated it it was amazing
"Η τρυφερότητα αναδύεται από το γεγονός ότι τα δύο πρόσωπα,επιθυμώντας,όπως και κάθε άλλο άτομο,να ξεπεράσουν το χωρισμό και την απομόνωση,καταστάσεις που όλοι κληρονομούμε,ακριβώς επειδή είμαστε άτομα,μπορούν να συμμετάσχουν σε μια σχέση που,προς το παρόν,δεν αποτελείται από δυο απομονωμένους εαυτούς,αλλά από μια ένωση."
"Η ευτυχία είναι το μεγαλύτερο κατόρθωμα του ανθρώπου.Είναι η ανταπόκριση της ολοκληρωμένης προσωπικότητάς του προς έναν παραγωγικό προσανατολισμό προς τον εαυτό του και τον έξω
Vampiregirl14
Jun 09, 2014 Vampiregirl14 rated it really liked it
Dr. Buscaglia has rightly asserted that not many books have been written about relationships. This easy-to-read book deals with all the facets that constitute healthy relationships. While Dr. Love does not limit the relationships to women-men, and he includes our closest relationships (parents, children, etc.), his prescription for loving one another is broken down into categories (intimacy, jealousy, etc.) and is a fairly quick read. Anyone who is in a love-based relationship ought to read this ...more
Jazzie
Jun 04, 2012 Jazzie rated it it was amazing
This was one of the first books I bought from my own school allowance. It was a great read. I still get to reread it every time I would have questions about relationships. We are all social beings, whether we like it or not, we need to relate with other people in order to live our lives to the fullest.

One of my favorite lines in this book is,
" What you learn about yourself will infinitely help in trying to understand others."
Linda Slotzberg
most marvellous book to read!!
Donna
Feb 05, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
I have read several of Leo's books and Iove them all! I really enjoyed this book.
Holly
Jul 19, 2008 Holly rated it really liked it
I enjoy all of his books. A mentor of my life.
Juliana Pergega
Aug 23, 2014 Juliana Pergega rated it it was amazing
si gjithmone, kenaqesi te lexosh Buscaglian :)
Mareira
Dec 16, 2016 Mareira rated it liked it
so loving and caring like leo!
i bought it for a very close and dear friend who could appreciate the beauty of the book.
he read it the same night and loved it. i thought we capture the meaning of the book..the essence of leo <3
Helen Downie
Jan 27, 2016 Helen Downie rated it it was amazing
This book was published the same year as I was born! While it seems as though times have changed, the nuggets of wisdom are timeless.

"Loving Each Other" is not only a must read for anyone relating to others, but I would add especially for people in helping professions - with communication often at the core of our work.

As I'm about midway through, my reflections are also connected to consulting and facilitation experiences.

And now, the more I read Buscalagia's work I have to slow myself down a
Anastazi Sara
Jun 07, 2016 Anastazi Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Συμβουλές για τη ζωή που μάλλον είναι ανεφάρμοστες. Δύο πράγματα κράτησα: Πρώτον, η γη θα συνεχίζει να γυρίζει όσα στραβά κι αν νομίζουμε ότι μας τυχαίνουν, όλα περνάνε και όλα τραβάνε το δρόμο τους. Δεύτερον, να προσπαθούμε να αποκτήσουμε πολλά "εργαλεία" για να μην αντιμετωπίζουμε τα πάντα σαν καρφιά. Λιγότερο άγχος και περισσότερη γνώση.
Emily
Apr 23, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like this subject
Recommended to Emily by: me
An old amigo -- I can pop this author's works open, and they will speak to me, anytime. I might let them rest for awhile...then read read read, or maybe just briefly 'peek'.
Useful tool of a book. At least, works for me :)
Joyzi
Aug 03, 2012 Joyzi rated it liked it

This is a gift given to me by my new friend. She gave this to me for my birthday. Although I'm not really a fan of self-help books particularly about love, this book is quite helpful and tolerable. It's a short read and it's a nice break from reading a lot of books about law. :)
Mike Lester
Feb 16, 2013 Mike Lester marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
See my review for I Hate Other People's Kids for the reasoning behind this selection. Think I'll go for the audio on this one....
Steve Sapato
AN excellent book about how love changes you and the people you touch. Leo Buscaglia is a wonder and I enjoy all of his swork.
Ballpeendash
Jul 27, 2008 Ballpeendash rated it liked it
Recommended to Ballpeendash by: The Stop and Shop parking lot
I found this book in a stop and shop parking lot...I believe I was on my way to a psychologist at the time. I took it as a sign. Not a bad book...the style just seems a tad outdated at this point.
Corinne
Oct 22, 2007 Corinne rated it really liked it
This is a really old book that I happened to check out because it was recommended by another author I really liked. It was a quick read and had some great tips mainly for a marriage relationship.
Marlee
Sep 23, 2012 Marlee rated it liked it
This book is easy to read and mostly positive. I enjoyed most of it. It was mostly encouraging. It was an easy, quick read.
Mark Fallon
Feb 19, 2014 Mark Fallon rated it it was amazing
Re-reading this beautiful book reminded me of how important the loving relationships are to me.
Marianne
Feb 02, 2013 Marianne rated it really liked it
Great book.
Lisa Sellers
Feb 02, 2013 Lisa Sellers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cursillo
Another great book - see Living, Loving, Learning for the details.
Jen
May 14, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
It was good, but I was not as impressed as I thought I'd be by Leo's musings. Maybe I'll have to read some of his other stuff.
Krys
Jan 11, 2013 Krys rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! I read it when I was single and now again with my husband. A must read for healthy relationships!
Marilu
Feb 17, 2012 Marilu rated it really liked it
Lei este libro hace mucho años, pero recuerdo muchas de las reflexiones acerca de como establecer relaciones interpesonales mas saludables.
Robin Walton
Robin Walton rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Donna Carey
Donna Carey rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
  • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
  • Letters to Karen
  • Uh-oh - Some Observations From Both Sides Of The Refrigerator Door
  • Creating Love: The Next Great Stage of Growth
  • The Silent Passage: Menopause
  • Make The Connection: 10 Steps To A Better Body   And A Better Life
  • How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
  • A Gradual Awakening
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
  • Dear Dad: Letters from an Adult Child
  • The Elements of Grammar
  • Delany Sisters' Book of Everyday Wisdom
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a
More about Leo Buscaglia...

“When we give ourselves in love we become our most vulnerable. We are never safe. We become open to disappointment and hurt.” 63 likes
“When you love someone you do not love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity; when the only continuity possible, in life as in love, is in growth, in fluidity - in freedom” 60 likes