Start by marking “Unscrambled Eggs” as Want to Read:
Unscrambled Eggs

Unscrambled Eggs

Profound and riveting, this is a 60 poem book collection with poetry that enlightens, speaks the way of life and the world. The poems from Unscrambled Eggs has a universal appeal, and is true to life in form. Unscrambled Eggs was written over a five year period and is an honest and thought-provoking book that deals with everyday life issues. It is a stirring compilation of ...more
Published July 5th 2005

To ask other readers questions about Unscrambled Eggs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscrambled Eggs

The Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanShakespeare's Sonnets by William ShakespeareAriel by Sylvia PlathThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. Eliot
Best Poetry Books
1,735 books — 1,898 voters
Meeting With Christ and Other Poems by Deepak ChaswalThe Unwords by Non NomenComplex Knowing by Chris KatsaropoulosPrayers Poems Songs by CesarAll the Broken Pieces by Ann E. Burg
Books in Poem
61 books — 58 voters

More lists with this book...

Nadia
Jun 07, 2010 Nadia rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
UNSCRAMBLED EGGS is my first book of poetry, and I hope most people will enjoy this collection--even those who don't necessarily read poems. Percy Bysshe Shelley said it best:

"Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted."

And my hope is, that Unscrambled Eggs will do the same for its readers!
Beverly
Nov 06, 2008 Beverly rated it it was ok
While books of poetry are not on my favorite genres to read, this wasn't half bad. If you're a poetry fan, you'll enjoy it.

A unique collection of intimate prose that shares the depth and soul of the author. Unscrambled Eggs has so many wonderfully written works of art that I hate to call it simple poetry. Thought provoking and intense the author seems to easily bring thoughts and issues to the front of your mind as you realize the truth behind so much of her writing. One of my favorites is the a
Tara
Jun 01, 2009 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Overall, a satisfying first collection that will no doubt grab the hearts and minds of readers who are looking for clean, simple lines of poetry that speak of soul growth, natural wonders, inspiration in the everyday, and the process of transforming loss into understanding. These poems are wise—and often short, straightforward in their use of language and image—as they reflect on the speaker’s life experiences, people she has known, her cultural ancestry, and the soul lessons she has learned.

Th
Aaron Lazar
Jul 25, 2008 Aaron Lazar rated it really liked it
Unscrambled Eggs is a lyrical album of profound poetry. It glistens with quiet reflection entangled with sentiments of abandonment. Forlorn, lost, adrift on a sea of real emotions Nadia Brown speaks with words not often combined. Take, for example, the following stanza from Deprived. [return][return]My Crayola lips[return]plum of eyes, cello of body[return]are sick with need.[return][return]Crayola lips. Cello body. Sick with need. In thirteen short words we sense the image of a woman painfull ...more
Roger Cottrell
Dec 27, 2008 Roger Cottrell rated it really liked it
This book convinced me that I must read more contemporary poetry. Alas, unless it;s in the form of rock music, my clock tends to stop with Milton, Blake, Byron and Browning. This book serves as a timely reminder that the writing of relevant, quality poetry is still much alive and much needed. Keep up the good work.
Grady
Sep 03, 2012 Grady rated it it was amazing
I received this as a free download from the author and was pleasantly surprised by it. The poetry is thought provoking and spiritual. You can download the E-book from Amazon at no cost. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Maurean
Dec 14, 2016 Maurean rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
A collection of poetry. Not particularly my cup of tea.
B.K. Walker
Jan 26, 2011 B.K. Walker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bk-s-library
Unscrambled Eggs by Nadia Brown is a book of poetry with meaning.

I love it when I can read poetry and feel some sort of connection. That is what I got out of Unscrambled Eggs.

Brown did a fantastic job in this compilation, giving meaning to each poem, and many of them I was able to relate to on a personal level.

I thoroughly enjoyed this title and think it would be an excellent book to add to your coffee table. The cover makes you wonder its contents and the poems are so easy to interpret I belie
Frank Poe
Sep 14, 2012 Frank Poe rated it it was amazing
How do you unscramble eggs? Make an Omelette

Nadia Brown keeps to her word. She has her own poetry style and voice verging on prose at times. She scrambles the eggs then turns them into an omelette of her own emotions for us to puruse of her life. Although I felt like the journey wasn't direct (her eggs seem to get emotionally whipped with some recovery then beaten again, she possitively delivers you an omelette by the end. Who has a life journey that doesn't bounce around with several ups and do
The Pen & Muse
Mar 08, 2011 The Pen & Muse rated it really liked it
Brown provides a riveting collection of poetry that provides us to the a glimpse into our own dreams, fears, and lives. As artists, writers, and ordinary people we find ourselves in such a dream that we forget about our purpose, our lives, and more importantly sometimes the basics of who we are. Brown provides a glimpse into her own life as well as what we see in our own. Her poetry speaks to people such as myself and I have no doubt that it will speak to you as a reader as well. Written over th ...more
Susan Sonnen
Aug 12, 2009 Susan Sonnen rated it liked it
Nadia Brown is a writer who speaks directly from the heart. So much so that many poems in Unscrambled Eggs are pointed, expressing her feelings directly, without ambiguity. Her poetry touches on life’s nuances as well as concrete details of the everyday experience with curiosity and candor.

While there are some grammatical and spelling errors in the text, there is no doubt of the passion that compelled her to publish and share her heart with the world. In her own words (from Words in Unscrambled
Michelle
Aug 30, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
For me, the sincere voice and unpretentiousness really stood out.
These poems cover a wide range of the human experience, including dreams, fears, identity, growth, abandonment, pain.
The poet’s use of strong metaphors creates rich and vivid writing. She also has a lovely way of placing unexpected words/ideas together, to create charming imagery. Some examples, “errant failures tidy their mistakes”; “...four-letter curses sweetens your tongue...” and there are many other examples.
A wonderful coll
Tammy
Apr 26, 2008 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Nadia Brown presents a collection of poems that is a rich tapestry of words. 'Unscrambled Eggs", is intimate and compelling coming across sometimes as a confession, then again, reflective. Brown’s poems often speak to her readers in imperatives, giving the reader quite a lot to ponder.

Ms. Brown has a way with a metaphor, creating an interesting expression of imagery that tickles one’s imagination.

I think you will enjoy this book, and like me, you will be revisiting it often. I highly recommend
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Feb 01, 2013 My Book Addiction and More MBA rated it really liked it
Shelves: poems
UNSCRAMBLED EGGS by Nadia Brown is an interesting book of poetry. A thought provoking collection of poetry. Uplifting. While simply written it is a soulful account of one's inner self. If you enjoy poems, collections that are not only thought provoking but gives insight into everyday life,with a bit of wisdom and lot of love. Well written. Received for an honest review from the author.
RATING: 4
HEAT RATING: NONE
REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews
Clara Ray
Oct 30, 2015 Clara Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unscrambled Eggs is a book of poetry that masterfully and yet emotionally sketches portraits of purpose, growth, and acceptance. Each poem is written with both depth and clarity. When I finish reading a book, I like to be able to say, "I'm glad I took time to read this book." This feeling was present as I read the last poem of Unscrambled Eggs.
Yvonne Stegall
Jan 04, 2012 Yvonne Stegall rated it really liked it
Thanks again first reads for a wonderful free win! Unscrambled Eggs is a wonderfully descriptive compilation of vivid poetry. Amazing to read and inspiring! (received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads)
Valerie
Jul 23, 2009 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This collection of evocative, heartfelt and well-crafted poems speak to many aspects of the human experience. Nadia Brown's carefully selected and nuanced words wrangle with weighty topics of identity, human relationships and pain without ever feeling overdone.
Darline
Feb 17, 2013 Darline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I loved this book of poetry. Nadia's expressions in her verses was like...she was singing to me. My emotional responses surprised even me. I just wish I read this book of poetry when I received it as a gift. Thank you Nadia.
Lynelle Clark
Jan 28, 2016 Lynelle Clark rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Creative, uplifting and an enjoyable read. Filled with comparisons as the author explore her world, people and experiences. Using metaphors in everyday settings creating a colorful collage of different poems in the book.
Audrey
Nov 23, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful collection of poetry, my favorite is the one with the title included in it, it refers trying to change the past and how it makes no sense, like trying to unscramble eggs.
Judy
May 24, 2016 Judy rated it liked it
I liked, was different from what I'm used to. Will read her again.
Kate Garrett-Nield
Kate Garrett-Nield rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2013
E.J. Matze
Mar 27, 2010 E.J. Matze rated it liked it
Recommends it for: poets
Shelves: poetry
Poetry in it's purest form.
Tammy Landy
Tammy Landy rated it did not like it
May 30, 2015
Aakash
Aakash rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2009
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Sarah Asif
Sarah Asif rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2011
anna marie alvin
anna marie alvin rated it did not like it
May 15, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2008
abdolla abdollay
abdolla abdollay rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »
Interview with Nadia Janice Brown 1 6 Jan 10, 2010 09:40PM
UNSCRABLED EGGS 1 9 Oct 03, 2008 03:34PM
  • Swimming Naked
  • Ace of Hearts (DECK of CARDZ, #1)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous: A Nutritionist's Guide to Living Well While Living It Up
  • Golden Girl: How Natalie Coughlin Fought Back, Challenged Conventional Wisdom, and Became America's Olympic Champion
  • Women of Magdalene
  • Reason Reigns
  • Still Life With Psychotic Squirrel
  • Twisted Velvet Chains (The Bell Collection)
  • When the Leaves Stop Falling
  • Rules for the Dance: A Handbook for Writing and Reading Metrical Verse
  • Haunted Lily: The Nightmare Ball
  • Hunting the King
  • Red Light Special
Nadia Janice Brown is a writer and poet living in Miami, Florida. She works as a book promoter at www.author-promotion.com. Nadia is the author of Becoming: The Life & Musings of a Girl Poet and Unscrambled Eggs.
More about Nadia Janice Brown...

“What good are dreams if they lie only in closed boxes.” 13 likes