Start by marking “101 Things You Should Know How to Do” as Want to Read:
101 Things You Should Know How to Do

101 Things You Should Know How to Do

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Shouldn’t life come with an instruction manual? Now it does. Here’s a how-to guide to 101 things that everyone should know—but many of us don’t! The tips range from the domestic, such as how to unclog a backed-up sink and chop an onion without tears, to the outdoorsy, such as how to pitch a tent and build a blazing campfire. Readers will learn how to get a barber-quality s ...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Sterling (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Things You Should Know How to Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Things You Should Know How to Do

Janet
This book can be divided into three sections— “Activities you need prior know-how and tools to accomplish,” (like I really have a hacksaw and the ability to cut glass to certain measurements in order to know how to frame a picture myself) “Activities that have been over thought until the directions read like an engineering textbook” (Do we really need three pages on how to mop a floor?) and “Activities that are so simple I can’t believe you have to give people directions on how to do them” (Real ...more
Morgan
Nice design and I appreciate that power napping is among the 101 things I should know how to do. Many of the values in this book, however, perpetuate outdated sexist ideas and stuff that can make people feel bad about their bodies and themselves. Flip through it, add some things to your bucket list and garner tips for decluttering your home, and put it back on the shelf.
Joey
I loved the title of this book that is why I snagged it off the discount shelf at Barnes and Noble. And it is a pretty good book, there are some nifty things in it I did not know how to do, that said, I needed more illustrations. I cannot tie a windsor knot from read instructions. I really need pictures to walk me thru. But this book would be great for that someone setting out on their own for the first time.
Seanmallory
Very handy end-table book to have. Learn how to do all kinds of things. Just having the knowledge of how to do this stuff is handy in its own right. Some things will make you look macho. Some things will make you look sensitive and creative. If you memorize all 101 things in this book, you're sure to get laid. That's all I'm trying to say.

Also, if you just want to know how to do stuff... it'll suffice.
Marjorie Elwood
Strangely enough, this book is somewhat misogynistic in attitude. Not much here that I thought "necessary" to know (I mean, I like chess and all, but I wouldn't consider it essential....). Nonetheless, there were a few tips, such as "how to paint a room" and "how to taste wine", that were of use.
Sb
Completely simple read and one that is probably useful for most people to read. Many of the things in this book I already knew, but there were plenty that I didn't. Many little tidbits of knowledge that are useful in everyday circumstances and as hobbies.
Sharlene
A few good how-tos for the whole family... Although I will still lose at chess and won't appreciate the art of chopping an onion without crying
Michael Hinsley
This one got me on 'The Hospital Fold". I think I learned that one at around 8 years of age. This was genuinely amusing.
Steven
Good summary of some useful information. Worth a borrow from your library, as it is a fast read.
Jen
everything
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
James Whittaker
James Whittaker marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Jewels
Jewels added it
Feb 23, 2015
GR
GR marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
TK Morrison
TK Morrison marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Vlatko Dukoski
Vlatko Dukoski marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Kitt
Kitt marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
JR
JR added it
Dec 27, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
More about Michael Powell...
Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do Mind Games 101 People You Won't Meet in Heaven: The Twisted Achievements of the Most Brutal and Sadistic Individuals the World has Ever Known Behave Yourself!: The Essential Guide to International Etiquette Curious Events in History