Start by marking “Footprints on the Horizon (Pine Ridge Portraits #3)” as Want to Read:
Footprints on the Horizon (Pine Ridge Portraits #3)

Footprints on the Horizon (Pine Ridge Portraits #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Whitson here moves forward in time to WWII. A Nazi soldier has come to Fort Robinson as a prisoner of war. When he meets the daughter of a local rancher, he falls in love but doubts there can be any future for an American girl and a German POW. Far from home and ostracized by those around him, the soldier comes to know the God who loves unconditionally. Can the woman do so...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Footprints on the Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Footprints on the Horizon

Loraine
SUMMARY: Whitson here moves forward in time to WWII. A Nazi soldier has come to Fort Robinson as a prisoner of war. When he meets the daughter of a local rancher, he falls in love but doubts there can be any future for an American girl and a German POW. Far from home and ostracized by those around him, the soldier comes to know the God who loves unconditionally. Can the woman do so as well? Pine Ridge Portraits Book 3.

REVIEW: Although this book is part of the Pine Ridge Portraits series, I found...more
Michelle
I can see this novel made into a television series. I'm not kidding! When I first saw the cover I wasn't sure I'd like the story despite the intriguing summary on the back of the book. But I wasn't disappointed. The characters were rich and the drama contained real-life conflict that kept me reading. I was totally into this story and fell in love with the different romances as they occurred in their unique settings. One of a married woman and her battle-scarred husband, the other of a woman who...more
Melissa
This started out slowly, but after the first two or three chapters I really started getting into it and had a hard time putting it down. The characters are a bit deeper than in some of the modern Christian fiction. There are basically three love stories going on, though none of them are overstated and entirely "fluffy" (the possible exception being Jo's romance). My favorite couple were Hank and Helen, who struggle after Hank's disfigurement in the war. Even Hank's daughter is scared of him.
Ther...more
joyce lynn
great book, BUT ...

NOT quite as good as the previous 2 in the series. threw some new characters in here, w/out really explaining enough in detail who they were, nor what they were about.

i think the author jumped too far ahead in the future, and that's why it didn't tie together as well w/ the previous 2. there probably should have been a book in-between #'s 2 and 3.

if this was a stand-alone novel, tho, i'd have probably rated it a 5 versus the 4 that i gave it.

was still a good way to end the rea...more
Nicole
As always, I was so happy with yet another Stephanie Grace Whitson. "Footprints on the Horizon" is the 3rd book in the "Pine Ridge Portraits" series, and it gives an interesting perspective on WW2, dealing with America's reaction to the PWs and prison labor.

I loved the sweet story and the way Stephanie can make me so uncertain about how things will end up - I'm always satisfied with her books, but that doesn't mean I saw all of her surprises coming!!
Jeanette
This is the third in a series. It is Christian historical fiction. It was very interesting. It is set during WWII, but the different spin is it involves German POWs that were sent to the US during the war. I had never read much about that before.
Cari
Footprints on the Horizon is set in the 1940s, during WWII. It follows the story of Josephine Hale as she falls in love with a German PW, Dieter Brock.
An excellent read.
For your typical Christian historical fiction, this series had more twists and turns than I was used to. I enjoyed it!
Cindy
Jun 10, 2011 Cindy added it
Very enjoyable read. Historical novel with thought provoking stories but with a happy ending. :-)
Joellen
Joellen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Ellie  Dynek
Ellie Dynek marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Oksana Gantukh
Oksana Gantukh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Terri
Terri added it
Jul 12, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Voulitsa Barnard
Voulitsa Barnard marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A native of southern Illinois, Stephanie Grace Whitson has lived in Nebraska since 1975. She began what she calls "playing with imaginary friends" (writing fiction) when, as a result of teaching her four homeschooled children Nebraska history, she was personally encouraged and challenged by the lives of pioneer women in the West. Since her first book, Walks the Fire, was published in 1995, Stephan...more
More about Stephanie Grace Whitson...
Sixteen Brides A Most Unsuitable Match Walks The Fire (Prairie Winds, #1) A Garden in Paris The Key on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #1)