Sex on the Beach Book Club

Sex on the Beach Book Club

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  17 reviews
She's a sharp-tongued, rebel P.I. who eats idiots for breakfast. He's a sexy bookstore owner who may or may not be a womanizing killer. Then again, nobody's perfect. . . Holly Hillbay is a kick-ass rule breaker with an 80's jacket-sized chip on her sexy shoulder. Want a piece of her? Get in line, pal. What Holly loves most is her job as a P.I. Bringing in pond scum who che...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Brava

B.E.
Okay, because some government agency says I have to, let me begin by saying I didn't pay for this book. I won it through a Facebook contest the author held. There was no expectation of a good review. Heck, there were no expectations of a review period. Anyway, there it is. Take it for what you think it's worth. At any rate, I don't give good reviews in exchange for free books. It's not how I roll.

Having said all that, let me start out by saying I love everything Jennifer Apodaca (or her other na...more
Ann Mulholland
I liked it, strong woman, sexy man, murder mystery and a cute dog...what more could you want?
Bronwyn Rykiert
Holly Hillbay, PI and ex-cop from a family of cops has joined a book club at at store owned by Wes Brockman. She is there because a client says his wife is having an affair the Wes but Holly soon finds out that it is not Wes she is having the affair with.

Wes Brockman is living a pretend life, he left his other one under mysterious circumstances, he suspects there is more to Holly that she is letting on and when one of the book club members is murdered at the Book Store Wes hires Holly to find th...more
Torimac
A light and somewhat steamy read, this is a mystery and a romance. I liked the steamy part alot, but the dialogue felt just a little stilted at times. Also, the heroine and hero were both a little too good to be true.
Also, I really liked that writer included blogging and podcasts and such in the storyline, but sometimes I thought she was reaching beyond her true comfort level with the technology. I give her credit for including it and being creative with it.
Tressa
There is no build-up when starting Sex on the Beach Club. The story plunged directly into action. Unfortunately, the story felt frenzied.

It was exhausting bouncing from one plot to the next even though everything was tied together. The story just moved a little too fast for me and it made me bewildered. I did like that Holly was frank and unapologetic. Wes' nickname for Holly did become annoying, though.
Katie
This was my second Jennifer Apodaca book. I didn't like this one quite as much as the first one I read but it was alright. It was pretty good with all it's twists and turns. She did say the phrase "hard-a$$" and "chip on your shoulder" waaaaay too often. Anyway...it was okay but I had no problem putting it down when something else was going on around me.
Sandy
New authors are always intriguing as I learn their writing style and how they work through a story line. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, took a bit to get into, but before long I found that I didn't want to put it down! The characters are very down to earth and sexy! Good story line - will read more of her books in the future!
Peggy
I would have given it a 4 or 5 stars if she hadn't had so much sex. The plot was well written, the important characters were well developed, the mystery kept you trying to figure it out. I think if she didn't put so much trash in the book it would have been on the best seller list. Instead, it just rates as a romance. too bad.
Joni
Good summer reading revolving around a murder of a book club member and the bookstore owner with the mysterious past. All the characters have pasts, including the private investigator, and the way the characters are integrated is enjoyable.

Warning: Explicit sexual content...
Brenda Gorges
This is my first book by this author. I like the balance of sex, romance and mystery. Very predictable but I would put it in the beach book category, which is what beach books are. I would read her again.
Michele
What a hoot! Great premise, can't go wrong with murder on 1. a beach and 2. in a book club. LOL, pretty much like Evanovich, but I liked it a tad better. Of course I've only read 1 Evanovich ...
Shaylene
Don't judge me! I needed a book with a beach scene on the cover for the summer reading challenge I'm doing, and......Fine! I wanted a trashy beach book to get in the mood for my cruise!
Betsey
Couldn't get past a few pages...I was looking for something light but I just couldn't read this one!
Lauren
A fun read - light and perfect little mystery romance for the summer.
Robin
Cute book, lots of sexual scenes and some bad language
Lisa
JUST A FUN READ
colleen
read 06.06.07
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Oana
Oana marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Tonya Large
Tonya Large marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Cattleya
Cattleya marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Also writes paranormal romance under the pseudonym Jennifer Lyon.

I went back to college after my three sons, Matt, Gary and Paul, were born. Beginning with a vague idea of earning a marketing degree, I ended up pursuing a writing career with the full support of my husband, Dan.

First I tried to tame my naturally edgy voice into writing romance, but dead bodies and quirky humor turned up with alarmi...more
More about Jennifer Apodaca...
The Baby Bargain (Once A Marine, #1) Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 1) Dying to Meet You (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 2) Ninja Soccer Moms (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 3) Batteries Required (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 4)