Start by marking “The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)

The Star Witch (Sisters of the Sun #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  703 ratings  ·  40 reviews
The Sun Witch and The Moon Witch introduced the Fyne sisters, three different and engrossing witches coming into their own. Here, the eldest wonders how she can remain chaste with a sensuous enemy tempting her.

Some say the Circle of Bacwyr is a myth—and practical Isadora, a young, widowed attendant to the Empress, numbers among them. But for Captain Lucan Hern, the powerfu
Published January 3rd 2006 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about The Star Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Star Witch

Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesSerious Leigh by Melanie  JamesThe Witches of Snyder Farms by Lenora HensonThrough Time-Compulsion by Claudy ConnThe Wicked Garden by Lenora Henson
Magicians, Sorcerers, Witches In PNR/UF/FR
55th out of 217 books — 255 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Wizard and Witching Books
71st out of 182 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

Gemma
I haven't always been a fan of this series - it's taken me an age to work up the muster to read this third & final installment, but I have to say it's my favourite of the bunch.

After finishing The Moon Witch and being distinctly unimpressed with the story (but more on that later), I was really skittish about reading The Star Witch. From what I'd read of her, Isadora didn't seem to be a particularly great character, and I was also extremely reluctant to read about Sebestyen & Liane. After
Christine
Despite my reservations throughout reading this series, it ended fairly well. This was the best book of the series, and this was the best romance of the three. It helped, too, that this book finally closes all those threads that were left dangling throughout.

In the end, I have to say that I was more compelled by the Emperor Sebastian and Leann than by the Fyne sisters and their curse. The emperor and his concubine-turned-empress were damaged, and more fully developed than any of the primary char
MaryLennox
This was the best of the three - I also agree with other reviewers - the characterization of Lianne and the Emperor was quite possibly the best out of all the couples.

Their relationship was one of the reasons I flew through these series so quickly.

Level 13 scared the crapola outta me - it was quite possibly one of the best evil machinations I've read in a story so far. So much left to tell in this story, but it's all touched so briefly.

One thing I wished that the author did was have a better re
Michelle
I am currently reading The Star Witch by Linda Winstead Jones.

The Star Witch
Linda Winstead Jones
Fantasy Romance
330 pages

Some say the Circle of Bacwyw is a myth--and practical Isadoara, a young, widowed attendant to the Empress, numbers among them. But for Captain Lucan Hern, the powerful Circle is as real as the daggers he hides under his clothing. The warrior was raised solely to find--and capture--the elusive Star of Baewyr. But his teachers never told him exactly what it was. They only make o
Laurel
This book is the sequel to The Moon Witch and is about Isadora's journey in the emperor's palace. After Juliet was rescued by Ryn, Isadora was draaged to the Emperor. Since the Emperess is pregnant and is expected to give birth soon, the Emperor gave Isadora to the Emperess as a midwife. (The Emperor really wants a heir and this is the first time one of his Emperess got pregnant). Since the Emperess is Kane's sister who was kidnapped when she was little, Isadora and Liane soon became good friend ...more
Emily
Three books, one review!

The first book, Sun Witch, gets four stars. I really enjoyed the main characters and their slightly left-of-center beliefs about intimacy and relationships. There was a nice balance between their story and the overarching greater story that carried throughout the trilogy.

The second book, Moon Witch, was not as great. The idea of the feral beast-man and all the primitive yet magical society bits just didn't flow. It was also disruptive to the continuing story as this chara
Kristina
This is a book I have been looking for for some time. I had the other two books in the trilogy and wanted to read the books one after the other. My book was received quickly and well packaged and was exactly as described. A quick and easy purchase.
Diana
Isadora Fyne is an unwilling guest of the emperor, and serving the empress in her pregnancy. Lucan Hern, the Prince of Swords, has come for the Star of Bacwyn and thinks that Isadora holds the key. As they get closer, they must deal with the secret twins of the empress, the growing threat of the rebels, and the conclusion of the Fyne curse.

This book gets the physical intimacy out of the way near the beginning and then concentrates on wrapping up the trilogy. The emperor continues to remain unlik
Marianne
Some really tense moments and a sad, but necessary, resolution to one plot thread. Will read the sequel trilogies.
Natalie

The Star Witch Started pretty good but it rubbed me the wrong way toward the end. Lucan .... He regressed quiet a bit, what a shame. Men in romantic fiction should not be given a lot of POV chapters, they start talking like women. Except Sebestyen, he was truly interesting until the very end

Still I enjoyed the book and might read the next generation's books.

4 stars for a good conclusion of the trilogy. Also for Sebestyen and Liane, they made the series. IMO they were the best couple by far.
Rachel
By far my fav of this set! It tied up all the other books great. I was not at all happy with the ending for Liane. Im glad Sebastyn was gone, but how Liane had to finish out her life was just wrong. It's a shame that the end was so rushed while the whole book dragged on. It did this big long story and then it just wrapped it all up very quick. Even had the books not had any sex at all, the stories were wonderful by themselves. Can't wait to start on the trilogy about the 3 cousins now.
Kellie
This has been a really fascinating series. I love paranormal romances and this series totally delivered the romance, the supernatural side and the action. Hot male leads, interesting and very likeable females, magic powers and evil emperors. Fantastic stuff! It's amazing because through the whole series you hate and then pity the emperor and even like him at times. I've never read about a character who could be so absolutely evil and make you feel sorry for him at the same time. A great read!
Mydearloverboy
Cell1e
Loved this series, think I liked the first and second the best, the trilogy ending wasn't as dramatic as I expected but I still loved it.
I loved the world, the characters and the story telling, Linda Winstead Jones sure can tell a good story!

Im sure glad there wasn't any real 'horror' the story was gently and carefully told, always keeping my interest high. Recommend this series for all fantasy romance fans who love happy endings!
Myrtle Murray
This book was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the complete trilogy (Sisters of the Sun). Each of these books are great and fast reading.
Sally906
Transferred from spreadsheet
April
I really loved the way the author finished up this series! Everything was finished, no major questions were left outstanding, but at the same time it wasn't all tied up in tidy little bows that would have made it unbelievable and annoying. I am looking forward to reading the stories about these characters' children.
Deidre
I really enjoyed this trilogy - but I feel the story was not finished and this book just frustrated me - it cleans up the stories with her sisters but leaves me wanting to know more arout her story - how does it end? Guess I am off to find the next trilogy about the children and see if I can get some answers =)
Trickey
I still think #2 was my favorite, but this trilogy was worth reading in the end. As far as fantasy romance goes the romance didn't always obscure the plot AND the plot was actually interesting! Winstead Jones winds the story up in a way that is both satisfying and not completely overdone.
Chills
My first foray into this Author and what a great read - deception,
sensuality, danger, and potent magic everywhere - wonderful page
turner - really feel the angst of all the characters and was totally
sucked into the drama - did not want to put it down. Brill.
Toni Garcia
really like this third and last series to the witch trilogy.. I'm kind of sad we don't get to see more of juliet. My favorite of all three is still Juliet story. It was nice however to see Isadora's story. You don't hate her after learning all about her.
Lord Rose
Nytetyger
This is more romantic cheese, but a lot more actual sex; still has a decent plot and characters, however. Just wish the author had kept to the way she really only followed ONE heroine from beginning to end.
Dee Sauter
Star Witch is the last of the Fyne witch trilogy and the first of a trio of trilogies. I have read them all and I have loved them so much I am looking to buy the whole series.
Sugar_momma
I loved this book !! Unfortunately I read the last book of the trilogy first so it's kind of a spoiler for the rest of the books but I give it 5 stars :)
Re
Excellent three novels, The Sun Witch, The Moon Witch, and The Star Witch. Worth the high STARRED reviews by Amazon-Vine readers & reviewers ! Absolutely.
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)
This was good, but not as good as the first two. Isadora was a bit annoying and Lucan a little hard-headed, but it was an enjoyable and satisfying read.
Pamela Howell
I like that this is a TRUE series - main characters PLUS established characters are woven into a wonderful tapesrty of a tale.
Rhenda
Was a bit slow but picked up speed and wrapped up the series nicely. Now onto their first born children series! :)
Rachael
This book completes the whole trilogy. When I finished the book it definately wasn't a disappointment.
  • Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)
  • Dagger-Star (Epic of Palins, #1)
  • Twice a Prince (Sasharia en Garde!, #2)
  • The Night Drifter (St. Leger, #2)
  • Caller of Light
  • Archer's Sin (Hearts And Thrones, #2.5)
  • The Sword (Sons of Destiny, #1)
  • Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms, #3)
  • Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
  • Never Been Witched (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • The Curse Girl
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1)
  • Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates, #6)
The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, #1) The Moon Witch (Fyne Witches, #2) Raintree: Haunted (Raintree, #2) Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1) Prince of Swords (Children of the Sun, #3)