Start by marking “Living with Kids and Dogs... Without Losing Your Mind: A Parent's Guide to Controlling the Chaos” as Want to Read:

Provides busy parents with simple, realistic advice to help ensure that the relationship between their kids and their dog is safe and enjoyable for all. You will learn how to help your child and dog develop a strong relationship, built on trust and cooperation; set your family up for success with a minimum of effort; recognize canine stress signals and know when your dog i ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by C&r Publishing (first published August 15th 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Kids and Dogs... Without Losing Your Mind

Krista
Jul 25, 2011 Krista rated it really liked it
If you’ve ever had your dog do something to your child that scared you, or had your child do something to your dog that made you wonder about a cruel streak, or both, this book is for you. Paraphrasing the author, most dog books say, “control your kid!” and most parenting books say, “control your dog!” In reality, “good kids and good dogs can get in trouble because of miscommunication” – Fluffy may well be doing what she was bred to do, and Johnny is just being age-appropriate, but it’s our job ...more
Asho
Oct 31, 2011 Asho rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-we-own
This book wasn't quite as detailed as I wanted it to be, but it was a good starter resource. It has a lot of practical information on how to monitor and encourage the relationship between babies/kids and dogs and the list of additional resources at the back of the book is great. I do wish it had a little more information about training specific skills.
Hillary Maalouf
Feb 05, 2011 Hillary Maalouf rated it really liked it
This really helped me get ready to have a dog in my house with all of my kids. It was a great introduction to positive/clicker training, and now I'm taking a class. I actually think the book is better than the class!
Lil
Feb 05, 2012 Lil rated it it was amazing
A must-read if you have kids and are thinking of getting a puppy. Especially the info on early warning signs of a dog being overwhelmed/uncomfortable and how to intervene. Her website has some good info, too.
Monett
Dec 09, 2009 Monett rated it it was amazing
We are getting a puppy, and this book was a great guide for housetraining, and teaching young children how to interact with puppies. I would buy this book.
Jenny
Jan 21, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Nicely organized with a section on children's ages/stages. Lots of helpful tips.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Eva Carroll
Eva Carroll marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Eryn
Eryn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Apr 18, 2016
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
Aug 24, 2016
Nevine
Nevine added it
Jan 18, 2016
Isbjorn
Isbjorn marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Carrie Simmons
Carrie Simmons rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Abbie
Abbie rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
M. Irving
M. Irving rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Sandra Stedge
Sandra Stedge rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Karen Winter
Karen Winter rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015