Start by marking “Silver Diamond, Volume 01: Silver Seed” as Want to Read:
Silver Diamond, Volume 01: Silver Seed

Silver Diamond, Volume 01: Silver Seed (Silver Diamond #1)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  1,616 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
From Storm in Heaven:

Rakan lives alone, and the plants in his garden grow so thick and fast that it seems like a jungle. One day a man, holding a gun made of wood, falls right down into his garden. He seems to come from another world, and he's searching for someone who can bring back the green into his own dark and inhospitable world.
Published July 15th 2008 by TokyoPop (first published December 20th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Diamond, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Diamond, Volume 01

Patricia
Jan 10, 2014 Patricia marked it as manga-hwa-hua
I'll use this review for all the volumes until I'm finished reading, at which point I'll update them.

Before I start going into the actual content, I'd like to talk about two formalities:

1. The official translation done by Tokyopop has apparently been dropped, so I'm not entirely sure what this means regarding the fact that the content of this series had originally been licensed. I do hope that scanlation groups are again allowed to continue this project, as I would like knowing how this series
Sophie
I spent the last four weeks rereading this, and it was wonderful. In a way, I was able to enjoy it more than the first time around, partly because I was a lot calmer, partly because I knew what to expect and partly because reading it in one go made it a lot easier to keep track of everyone and everything.

For some reason, in this case I wasn't worried one bit whether I wouldn't like it as much as before. As I said, I don't want to imagine the me who doesn't like this - and even though I will nev
Mely
Jan 26, 2011 Mely rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, writer-poc, shojo
A Japanese high school student discovers he's a prince from another world when other visitors start coming through the /wormhole/typething. The nature of the other world is what's distinctive: it's a desert afflicted by a false "prince" who looks exactly like the protagonist Rakan, and it's wasting away due to lack of sunlight and dying plant life. Rakan is a a sanome who has the magical ability to make plants grow, as shown by the abundant life in his Japanese garden and his frequent pairing wi ...more
Anne Freya
Cerita tentang kekuatan supernatural dan lintas dimensi.

Bagi yg agak keberatan dgn genre shounen-ai mgkn jangan baca yg satu ini. Sebenarnya sih ceritanya tdk terlalu fokus ke tema cinta, jadinya ya bagi yg tdk suka dgn shounen-ai atau yaoi bisa ikut menikmati ceritanya krn sejauh yg kubaca hingga buku 15 masih tdk ada adegan kiss atau seks. Tapi dijamin cuci mata deh krn banyak banget cowo cakep bertebaran dalam manga ini. Plot ceritanya juga fantastis dan tak terduga, melebihi ekspektasiku, h
Kris
Jun 09, 2010 Kris rated it really liked it
I picked up this manga series largely on a whim and I am so glad that I did. This contains all of my favourite themes in manga/anime: mystery, evil vs good, fantasy, magical powers, other worlds, a main character with purity and innocence who impacts the world around them, and the possibility of boy love. Awesomesauce.
Buttons
Mar 27, 2016 Buttons rated it really liked it
I read this one after I read Koori no Mamono no Monogatari and both are splendid works. I think there is more comedy and more drama in Koori no Mamono no Monogatari than in this one. Or at least the comedy and drama elements are less contrasting in this one. That isn't a bad or a good thing, but it makes a difference. The story was really interesting, more intriguing than in Koori no Mamono no Monogatari. I liked the comedy and drama in Koori no Mamono no Monogatari a bit more, the atmoshphere w ...more
Nicole
Mar 27, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fantasy, shonen-ai
I fell in love with this manga from the get-go. The perfect combination of fun, interesting characters and a great fantasy/sci-fi story. Volume 1's role, like all beginnings, is to introduce us to our main cast of characters and to set the stage for bringing them all together; sometimes the first volume can feel like a detailing of important facts to set context, but this story is interesting throughout. We meet Rakan - a high school boy who is orphaned and living alone now that his mother and s ...more
Miss
Aug 16, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it
Wow this is so much better than I was expecting! :D I was worried Rakan was going to be that annoying kind of ~pure-hearted~ protaganist exemplified by Yuki of Uraboku but he actually started showing signs of a personality within the very first chapter? And he keeps looking at Chigusa like wow I cannot believe I am housing this enormously inconvenient weirdo. It's great. :D I was telling this girl at work the other day how I automatically like people better once I hear them talking about things/ ...more
Leila Anani
In a fantasy universe, Chigusa tries to assassinate the evil ptrince. A portal opens up and he lands in our world in the garden of a boy who is the spitting image of the prince. This boy Rakan is a lonely orphan who came from the same world, but has no memory of it - he's a Sanome which means he has the magic power to make plants grow. Sanome are rare and have been eraicated in the other dimension which is now completely desert. Chigusa moves in with Rakan and sets himself up as bodyguard. Anoth ...more
Viridian5
Jan 23, 2009 Viridian5 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, manga-manhwa
I enjoyed it quite a bit, though there are some elements that can be somewhat silly. Rakan is a pretty and gentle teen who lives alone until an unconscious guy, Chigusa, appears in his yard from another world. The "other world" bit bends Rakan's brain a bit, but not as much as it could have because he and his now dead mother had arrived similarly when he was very young. Chigusa at first wants to kill Rakan for his resemblance to the prince of his land but soon decides he must protect him from at ...more
Vanyel Kane
Jul 05, 2011 Vanyel Kane rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I love this manga. Especially the jokes made between main character and some of the random girls. Its a good start to the series, and the mangaka makes a point of not taking it too seriously (they makes jokes occassionally) but has a way of showing just how bad things are for these characters.

Also the characterisation is brilliant. Each has their own clearly defined individual traits. Even if they looked exactly the same you would still know exactly who said what and when.
Joy
Aug 11, 2008 Joy rated it liked it
Promising fantasy manga with shonen-ai undertones. Rakan is a seemingly normal teen, though he does live in a house with a mysteriously lush garden. One day a stranger, Chigusa, appears in that garden, claiming to be from another world. The art in this series is gorgeous, and the various fish-out-of-water hijinks are more amusing then they should be. That said, my favorite thing so far is the snake. Ha!
planetkimi
Jan 24, 2010 planetkimi rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, manga
KARLA
Sep 03, 2015 KARLA rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A common story line but with twists that makes it interesting and fun. The main character is so commonplace, but sided with the second main character, it becomes something somewhat unusual, light mooded, fun, and although the story is serious, and not so quick paced, you'll be unable to put it down.
Sophie
A bit thanks to Inga, who gave this one to me! I really loved this - I wasn't sure what to expect but I find this world totally intriguing, as well as the characters. I could really related to the main character and his obsession with planning ;) No, but really, it's a great read and beautifully drawn and I can't wait to read more!
Thetravelingpanda
May 01, 2014 Thetravelingpanda rated it really liked it
This first volume was great! The characters are interesting and as well as the magical realm behind the story. The mystery stays opens in this volume and makes you want to read more. I really like Rakan he is so sweet but seem to hide a very strong personality, not at all like a flat and fragile character with no personality.
Saskia
Jun 25, 2013 Saskia rated it it was amazing
So far I've re-read the mangas that are published until now at least four times and I still adore her work! It's funny and once you get used to her drawing stile you can't get enough of it. The characters are just too loveable and combined with the interesting plot it makes up for a fascinating and captivating fantasy world!
Kati
May 05, 2008 Kati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit that I was rather reluctant to buy this manga. I wasn't sure if I would like the plot. But now I'm glad that I did buy it. The drawings are beautiful and the plot quite intriguing. But what is it with the Japanese and their obsession with talking snakes? XD I will definitely buy the rest of the series.
Aferandora
Mar 28, 2011 Aferandora rated it really liked it
I read this manga series at a book store. It was awesome. I read three volumes in one 'standing'. What I really liked about it was it was borderline yaoi and being the fangirl I am, had to finish reading it.
Sherry
Jul 03, 2014 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-bl
This is sooo good. I bought a few volumes when they were first released but I wasn't ready for it, I guess, so I abandoned it for a few years. Now I'm picking this up again.
I'm currently re-reading the volumes I already own and I'm slowly buying the ones that are still missing in my collection.
Delilah Storm
Oct 14, 2011 Delilah Storm rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. I really wish another publisher would pick it up so that I could read the whole series! The characters were great - loveable and funny. The drawing was fantastic, very clean and beautifully done.
Snow
Jul 12, 2008 Snow rated it really liked it
reviewed for ICv2's Guide
Vixenfur
Apr 29, 2010 Vixenfur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
LOVED it!! I hope Chigusa and Rakan get together...
Zen Cho
Aug 13, 2008 Zen Cho rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, written-by-poc
Cute, but I'm not clear yet why it comes so enthusiastically recommended by all. Will keep reading; hope to find out soon.
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Love the story! Wonderful fantasy world and dynamic characters!
Soubi
Nov 03, 2008 Soubi rated it it was amazing
Awesome Shounin-ai!
Stéphanie
Jul 28, 2011 Stéphanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, owned
De jolis dessins, et une histoire prometteuse possédant un univers original et fleuretant avec le shônen ai. A suivre de près.
Eleanore M.
Sep 29, 2016 Eleanore M. rated it really liked it
Okay, actually.... I really enjoyed this. The worldbuilding got me.
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Hazel
Hazel rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
  • Totally Captivated, Volume 1 (Totally Captivated #1)
  • No Touching At All
  • The Tyrant Falls in Love, Volume 1
  • The Crimson Spell, Volume 1 (Crimson Spell, #1)
  • Rin!, Volume 01
  • 是-ZE 1
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 01
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 01
  • Café Latte Rhapsody
  • Seven Days: Monday → Thursday (Seven Days, #1)
  • Yellow, Volume 01
  • Empty Heart: False Love
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 1
  • World's End
  • Tea for Two, Vol. 1

Name (in native language) : 杉浦志保

Zodiac : Aquarius

Blood Type : AB
More about Shiho Sugiura...

Silver Diamond (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Silver Diamond 2