Start by marking “Swan Deception” as Want to Read:
Swan Deception

Read Book* *Different edition

Swan Deception

Librarian Note: Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN-10: 0692249729 / ISBN-13: 9780692249727.

The perfect family, a house of full of secrets and an ingenious killer out for revenge…

Dr. Shelby Cooper is a busy modern woman trying to balance it all—career, motherhood and marriage to an ambitious corporate power player. But there’s more to Shelby than meets the eye. One afternoon,
Published October 29th 2014 by Gledé Browne Kabongo

To ask other readers questions about Swan Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swan Deception

Devi Nair
Jan 20, 2015 Devi Nair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter how much you try and suppress your past, it does have a very nasty way to catch up with you when you least expect it. And when it does, there will be a lot at stake. And that is exactly what happens to Dr. Shelby Cooper when her past catches up and her present threatens to fall apart.

This book is a read-in-one-sitting kind because if you leave it half way for any work to be done, you will not be able to focus on the work at all. The mystery will keep popping up in your mind and you wi
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
**** 5 Cranky Stars ****

Dark and twisty!

Dr. Shelby Cooper seems to have it all. Brilliant, successful, she is a research scientist married to a powerful man who is soon to become CEO, with two perfect children, and even an adorable dog.

They are the type of people others look at in envy and then the dreams start. They become nightmares; the type that haunt your days and makes you fear the day.

The facade cracks. Skeletons fall from the closets. Shelby's husband is not what he's cracked up to be.
Teresa Kander
I enjoyed the suspense and mystery of this story. Dr. Cooper seems to have it all, at least until her former lover is found shot to death in the trunk of her car, and she is arrested for his murder. Even though she knows she is being set up, she is powerless to prove it if she wants to protect her family. Meanwhile, her teenage daughter is being stalked and receiving some very troubling texts from the same person threatening Dr. Cooper.

There are plenty of twists in the plot of this story, and t
Stephen Brayton
Plot

Shelby Cooper has a past she'd like to keep hidden. Of course, it won't be. Her troubles begin when she tries to help a friend disappear from a bad marriage. Said friend ends up dead in her automobile trunk. Shelby is arrested for murder. Her husband, Jason, takes steps to prove her innocence. The troubles aren't over for her family as her daughter, Abbie, has to contend with a stalker and Jason has problems with a coworker. Oh, and let's not forget about Jason's past.

A lot going on here. So
Lauren Jones
Sep 14, 2016 Lauren Jones rated it it was amazing
They sat together on her bed. “What are we going to do, Abbie?” he asked. His eyes brimmed with fresh tears. “What if Mom doesn’t come home tomorrow or the day after?” “She will, Miles,” Abbie answered and rubbed his shoulders. “It’s just a mix-up. Remember the time you brought home Max Mitchell’s backpack by mistake because the two of you had the same bag? And you almost got in trouble the next day but then they figured out what happened?” Miles nodded. “Well, it’s like that with Mom. It’s a ...more
Terry Moskowitz
Sep 25, 2016 Terry Moskowitz rated it liked it
This book spins a web that is hard to get out of.
Shelby Cooper has the perfect family, however when things start happening she needs to make the hardest decision in her life. Someone is punishing her she doesn't no who or why.
Her family is distressed and she can't do anything about it. Who is this person and how do they know so much about her. Why is this happening to her?
There were some spots in the book that didn't make sense to me. I felt that the book jumped to different areas and it wasn
LaDonna
Mar 22, 2015 LaDonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very twisted 4.5 stars for this truly diabolical psychological thriller! Wow, as I finish this book my head is still spinning from all the twists and turns in this one. Staying up all night finishing this one may have been a good thing, because it is so unsettling I would hate to have dreams about it.

Dr. Shelby Cooper seems to have it all. She is a brilliant, successful research scientist with a degree from Duke, married to the CFO of a prominent company, soon to become CEO. They have two wond
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
This review originally appeared on my blog at www.gimmethatbook.com.

Many thanks to the author for gifting me this book in exchange for an honest review!

SWAN DECEPTION is a story about Shelby Cooper, a woman with a hidden past and an enemy. Her perfect life is disrupted when a stalker contacts her and eventually gets her thrown in jail for the alleged murder of her ex lover. The family is in turmoil, her husband Jason doesn’t know if he should believe her or not, her daughter Abbie is being stalk
Maggie Holmes
I really like the author. She's local to my library. Many of the other librarians really like this and so did several patrons.
However, to me, this story includes everything but the kitchen sink. Hard to read when you spread it out over time.
Exercise: a decathlon.
Ivory M
Jan 28, 2015 Ivory M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synposis:Doctor Shelby Cooper is a brilliant research scientist with a hidden past steeped in secrets and lies--lies about her true identity, her family and her past. Her dream life is disrupted when she is framed by a stalker for the murder of her ex lover. The family is falling apart as her husband tries to find the stalker before Shelby is convicted of a murder she didn't commit and his own secrets disrupt their future even more.

This book is full of suspenseful twists as the layers are pulled
Ana Ross
Feb 17, 2015 Ana Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Family that fights together, stays together:

Dr. Shelby Cooper has it all—a loving husband, two adorable kids, and a successful career as a research scientist, until a jealous maniac from her past decided it was time to take it all away and watch her suffer, just for kicks. But the Coopers are fighters, and there was no stopping them once they put their heads together to eliminate the culprit who threatened to destroy their family.

Swan Deception is a gripping, suspenseful novel that’s filled wi
Underground Book Reviews
THE RUNDOWN
Swan Deception opens at a fancy cafe in a fancy Boston suburb. The Cooper family—mother Shelby, father Jason, teen daughter Abbie, and 11-year-old son Miles—are having breakfast. Shelby sees a man who startles her so badly she spills her green tea. Then he disappears, calling her on her phone a few minutes later. After Shelby lies to her husband, Shelby and her Burberry coat meet the man out in back of the restaurant. The man, Alessandro, is her former physical therapist who nursed he
Deb
Jan 31, 2015 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

The first 80 or so chapters of this book really kept my attention, the suspense, the twists and turns, the secrets revealed were all very, very good. I thought I had who the stalker/killer was figured out halfway through the book but then I had to start guessing all over again, if the book had continued this way I would have given it a higher rating. When chapter 82 or thereabout came around it just suddenly felt like the author
Angie Martin
Feb 04, 2015 Angie Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love a good suspense/mystery with some psychological thriller thrown in, and Swan Deception delivers on all levels. Dr. Shelby Cooper finds herself in a bind when her ex-lover is found dead (shot) and she becomes the number one suspect. Her husband, Jason, has to wade through her mysterious past and sort out the facts so he can help exonerate his wife.

The writing is absolutely phenomenal. That's the first thing that hit me when reading this book. I loved the way the sentences and pa
Stephanie
Aug 29, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense-mystery
This was the first book I have read by this author. The pages will grip you and keep you turning the pages all the way to the end. Once I started this book, I couldn’t put it down till I finished it. There is suspense and mystery spun through the whole book. When you think you know who the killer is, the author throws a spin in that will have you second guessing what you thought you knew.

You could feel a connection with all of the characters. You wanted to hug the family that had to go through
Anastacia
Aug 16, 2015 Anastacia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy for an honest review.

This book started off great. Someone wants to punish Dr. Shelby Cooper and is threatening her entire family. She is soon framed for a crime she didn't commit and her husband has to try to suss out the real criminal.

The book was engrossing and page-turning. Until the ending. Just how did Shelby and her husband figure it out? It's never told. The ending is very rushed and abrupt, and is a true anticlimax.
KATHLEEN TANNER
Feb 28, 2015 KATHLEEN TANNER rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy, fast reading

I am an avid reader of Baldacci, Clancy,Sheldon,Patterson, Koontz,and Ludlum.I like the mystery in their books, well this rated up there, wondering the plot and not being able to put this book down. Very easy reading.It was like watching a movie, being able to envision the characters and settings.Very very good
Joannes Rhino
Nov 10, 2014 Joannes Rhino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swan Deception is a well-written novel full of twist that left me thinking about it days after finished the last chapter! The author shows a lot of well kept imagination in this novel. With well developed characters and a carefully created story line, she does an outstanding job of reflecting mystery and thriller into a sense of reality. Thumbs up for the author.
Michael
May 16, 2015 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Outstanding! A great interwoven story that was addictive from start to finish. So wonderfully crafted with great characters and a unexpected ending. Kept me guessing all the way to the end. I highly recommend. I won this book on Goodreads and cannot wait to read more works from this author.
Paul
Jan 10, 2016 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked up this book at an author's fair. Well written and a quick read. The short chapters keep enticing you too read just one more. Plot gets a little convoluted, pushing the plausibility factor but quite enjoyable
Bridget Nelson
Jul 06, 2016 Bridget Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

cant wait to read more from this author. very well written and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Alea
Apr 07, 2015 Alea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best thriller, mystery, and suspense book that I have read. I was hooked from the beginning til the end. I was scared to death, to my heart pouring out for Shelby, and the suspense of trying to figure it all out. What a great book!!!!!!
Denise
Jul 30, 2015 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book. Not at all what I expected. Can't wait to read more of this author's books.
Katie
You can read my review of this book on the Underground Book Reviews magazine here: http://www.undergroundbookreviews.org...
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Pamela K
May 02, 2015 Pamela K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
Fantastic story. Holds your attention, you don't want to put it down.
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Michelle Toburen
Michelle Toburen rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Kenan Barbaros
Kenan Barbaros rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2015
  • How to Raise a Husband
  • The Romance of the Unicorn
  • Peace
  • The Eyes of Abel
  • Season of Change (A Harmony Valley Novel, #3)
  • I Believe You
  • Harold the Princess Saving Dragon

Gledé Browne Kabongo writes intense psychological thrillers—unflinching tales of deception, secrecy, danger and family. She is the Amazon Bestselling Author of Game of Fear, Mark of Deceit (Eye of Fear Anthology), Swan Deception, and Conspiracy of Silence. Her love affair with books began as a young girl growing up in the Caribbean, where her town library overlooked the Atlantic Ocean. She was tra
More about Glede Browne Kabongo...