Start by marking “Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish” as Want to Read:
Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish

Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A companion to the popular Manana, Iguana that teches how to count in spanish. When Iguana stubs her toe, Doctor Culebra comes to the rescue. But his suggestions sound a little loco to everyne else. How will tying un rolling pin and dos kettles to Iguana's tail make her better? And more importantly, will Iguana feel well enough to make her cactus butter dulces? The extreme ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Count on Culebra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Count on Culebra

Tyffani Mine
Apr 07, 2014 Tyffani Mine rated it really liked it
This story is about an Iguana who hurts her toe and looks to doctor culebra to help her. The culebra or snake recommends that the iguana and friends tie different items to the iguana's tail with values of 1-10. This book is written in English but uses various Spanish terms. The pictures or illustrations support the text, so students could use them as clues to figure out the meaning. This could work for any student. When students are looking at unknown words it is similar to viewing a foreign lan ...more
Cristina
Dec 28, 2015 Cristina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, for-kiddos
Very entertaining book with great illustrations, my 3yr old daughter learned to count to 10 in Spanish, and she laughs when Culebra keeps adding to Iguana's tail. Doctor's orders!! We enjoy reading (and counting) this book together.
The Brothers
Fun story of an iguana stubbing her toe and how the "doctor" snake helps her get over her pain so she can make her cactus butter dulces. A very nice introduction to Spanish numbers.

Illustrations are okay.
Jun 26, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids, picturebook
I really liked Ann Whitford Paul's other books featuring these characters, but this just wasn't that good. Manana Iguana and Tortuga in Trouble are both much better - perhaps because of their basis in traditional folktales. This just didn't make that much sense - instead of counting actual objects, each number stands for a group of objects when counting which I think would be confusing for children. The bilingual aspects were fun and well integrated, but skip this one and read the others in the ...more
Courtney Sharpton
Jan 23, 2011 Courtney Sharpton rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is not the most well written book, however it can be used in several ways. It has Spanish number words as well as Spanish animal names. This would be a good book to read to a class with ELL learners. The ELL learners can tell the other students what the Spanish words mean. They can help teach instead of always be taught. You could also do a sequencing lesson with this book.
Karen
Jun 25, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
I like bilingual aspects and there is a little more story here than other counting books. I think I enjoy these characters more in her other books, however.
Angie
Jun 03, 2009 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture
Stick with Manana, Iguana. That one's excellent. This one was just trying to cash in on the characters. At least IMHO.
Angela
Sep 25, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it
This is a funny counting book. Some counting books I have read are boring, but not this one!
Rachel
Aug 06, 2008 Rachel rated it it was ok
Nice introduction to Spanish numbers, but the language is forced and the story doesn't really work
Jen
Aug 24, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: pb, espa-ol, interlingual
There is much less counting in the book than one maybe expects.
Mary
Apr 19, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
cute. my class and I liked it.
Donna
Apr 24, 2008 Donna rated it liked it
See my review this month at myshelf.com
Denise
Jun 11, 2008 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great Spanish counting book.
Elizabeth S
Elizabeth S marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Aly Cassidy
Aly Cassidy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Mar 05, 2016
Kellie
Kellie rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
gehan
gehan marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Haley
Haley added it
May 26, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Olivia Morse
Olivia Morse rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Darlene Dion
Darlene Dion rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
ANN WHITFORD PAUL, author of 'TWAS THE LATE NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS has always been crazy for Christmas, but overwhelmed by it, too. Afterwards she is worn-out and dreams that someone like Mrs. Saint Nick could help her out with the resulting chaos and mess.

Ann graduated from the University of Wisconsin and Columbia University School of Social Work. She became inspired to write picture books after yea
More about Ann Whitford Paul...