Start by marking “Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish” as Want to Read:
Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish

Count on Culebra: Go from 1 to 10 in Spanish

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A companion to the popular Mañana, Iguana that teaches how to count in Spanish.

When Iguana stubs her toe, Doctor Culebra comes to the rescue. But his suggestions sound a little loco to everyone else. How will tying un rolling pin and dos kettles to Iguana's tail make her better? And more importantly, will Iguana feel well enough to make her cactus butter dulces?
Published January 1st 2008 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Count on Culebra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Count on Culebra

Tyffani Mine
This story is about an Iguana who hurts her toe and looks to doctor culebra to help her. The culebra or snake recommends that the iguana and friends tie different items to the iguana's tail with values of 1-10. This book is written in English but uses various Spanish terms. The pictures or illustrations support the text, so students could use them as clues to figure out the meaning. This could work for any student. When students are looking at unknown words it is similar to viewing a foreign lan ...more
I really liked Ann Whitford Paul's other books featuring these characters, but this just wasn't that good. Manana Iguana and Tortuga in Trouble are both much better - perhaps because of their basis in traditional folktales. This just didn't make that much sense - instead of counting actual objects, each number stands for a group of objects when counting which I think would be confusing for children. The bilingual aspects were fun and well integrated, but skip this one and read the others in the ...more
Courtney Sharpton
This book is not the most well written book, however it can be used in several ways. It has Spanish number words as well as Spanish animal names. This would be a good book to read to a class with ELL learners. The ELL learners can tell the other students what the Spanish words mean. They can help teach instead of always be taught. You could also do a sequencing lesson with this book.
Karen
I like bilingual aspects and there is a little more story here than other counting books. I think I enjoy these characters more in her other books, however.
Angie
Stick with Manana, Iguana. That one's excellent. This one was just trying to cash in on the characters. At least IMHO.
Angela
This is a funny counting book. Some counting books I have read are boring, but not this one!
Rachel
Nice introduction to Spanish numbers, but the language is forced and the story doesn't really work
Jen
There is much less counting in the book than one maybe expects.
Mary
cute. my class and I liked it.
Donna
See my review this month at myshelf.com
Denise
Great Spanish counting book.
Liane
Liane marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Eddie
Eddie marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
ANN WHITFORD PAUL, author of 'TWAS THE LATE NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS has always been crazy for Christmas, but overwhelmed by it, too. Afterwards she is worn-out and dreams that someone like Mrs. Saint Nick could help her out with the resulting chaos and mess.

Ann graduated from the University of Wisconsin and Columbia University School of Social Work. She became inspired to write picture books after yea
More about Ann Whitford Paul...
Manana, Iguana Writing Picture Books: A Hands-On Guide from Story Creation to Publication Tortuga in Trouble Fiesta Fiasco Word Builder